English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Support > support.Apps

Old 15 September 2021, 00:09   #1
BomberMillz

Fed-case: Computer Aided Software Engineering!

Flicking through an old issue of Amiga Format, I came across a review for this great sounding piece of software.

It takes your flowchart that you create within the program and turns it into proper ANSI C code. Sounds absolutely amazing.

The review describes that it is a bit rough around the edges, but the actual concept really deserves to have been expanded upon.

However, after a bit of searching around, all I could find was a demo version on Aminet (even then, a quick blast on WinUAE from the HDD and it didnt run).

Does anyone have any more insight into this really interesting software? (Even if its just knowing how to get it running!)

Was anything similar released for the Amiga?

I have already contacted the author/distributor from the email in the docs, but if anyone knows more about this, I would much appreciate the info!
Old 15 September 2021, 00:13   #2
Samurai_Crow
Total Chaos forever!

AmigaVision had a slightly more primitive editor and player but came with the A3000. It's a pity this was never fully debugged nor fully developed into a transpiler.
Old 15 September 2021, 00:20   #3
BomberMillz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samurai_Crow View Post
AmigaVision had a slightly more primitive editor and player but came with the A3000. It's a pity this was never fully debugged nor fully developed into a transpiler.

This is where we enter a grey area and the lines are a bit blurred, but wasnt that more of an authoring system?

Im not correcting you, just asking.

As Ive not seen Fed-case in action, other than a screenshot in AF, I could have the wrong impression, but it looks to me at first glance to be a straight flowchart > C code app.
Old 15 September 2021, 00:28   #4
Samurai_Crow
Total Chaos forever!

It was designed to be an authoring system but if AmigaVision was updated for AmigaOS 3, almost all of the player code would have been exported as datatypes leaving the flow editor as a modular tool. Modular tools make for easier maintenance and expandability.
Old 15 September 2021, 23:42   #5
kamelito
Zone Friend

There's a test there, you can use the flag to translate it.
http://obligement.free.fr/articles/fedcase.php

I remember I did an interview back then with the developer of such tool, I don't remember if it is that one because I remember he spoke about translating to C++...
Old 16 September 2021, 01:08   #6
BomberMillz

Thanks for the link to the review Kamelito.

It seems to be in an alpha/beta state. The actual reviewer also had problems running it. Its a real shame it wasnt developed further as its such a great idea.

I see there was a similar program: strux, which seems to be more stable. I will have a look at this.