English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Main > Amiga scene

Old 21 August 2021, 15:32   #121
Chucky

so some ports. and a game that looks totally possible to do on any RTG amiga...
well okey.. not a gamer so thats why I guess..

so why not do it on the RTG Amiga instead and have a larger userbase.. well ..
Old 21 August 2021, 15:56   #122
nikosidis

Quote:
Originally Posted by manossg View Post
Sure, here goes an example:
From what I heard the NEO geo emu. have issues with FPS cause the CPU is to slow.

Diablo and Sonic old news. Only original title is Jack and Peppy. Sorry, but the game does not look very interesting.

Every NG Amiga, AROS, MorphOS, AmigaPPC never got one single original game of any quality.

Just ports of Quake, Doom, Diablo whatever. Can be played on any computer.

Last edited by nikosidis; 21 August 2021 at 16:02.
Old 21 August 2021, 16:03   #123
manossg

Quote:
Originally Posted by nikosidis View Post
From what I heard the NEO geo emu. have issues with FPS cause the CPU is to slow.
This is true for some games. Other games run perfectly. According to arti, this emulator is a work in progress there are still speed improvements to be done.
Old 21 August 2021, 16:17   #124
rare_j
Zone Friend

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreadnought View Post
And so it ends up in one big argument...but it was obvious it's going to happen the moment I saw this thread's title (and perhaps that was its aim too).
The inevitability of it is tedious. However, we have got to 7 pages without a lock.
Old 21 August 2021, 16:36   #125
tomcat666
Retro Freak

It is a bit like the good ol' amiga vs atari war back in the days... And we all know the winner this time too
Old 21 August 2021, 17:47   #126
Promilus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chucky View Post
so some ports. and a game that looks totally possible to do on any RTG amiga...
well okey.. not a gamer so thats why I guess..

so why not do it on the RTG Amiga instead and have a larger userbase.. well ..
Well you can't really expect ppl to write whole new games running only on those few PPC accelerators or Vampire, right? It either won't sell or will be too expensive. And things for free... well sure, everyone just loves to spent hundreds of hours making free stuff for ppl who complains about everything. Get real! Sure most games either for PPC or for 080 are ports. PC was ahead of amiga since 1995. At 2000 it was way ahead. Amiga was stuck in place, PC was not. If you can play Red Alert using OpenRA on Amiga (don't know if atm it is possible or ever will be) it's great. Every new piece of software or hardware for Amiga is great - that just proves platform is alive. Kind of like zombie or ... vampire, but yes, operational.

You shouldn't expect Vampire to run Doom3. I don't. Will PiStorm be able to run Doom3? Well ... if it was ARM binary and VideoCore 3D driver then... yeah. But Amiga in the same time would only provide input devices and supply power to the board. Just like with basically every heavily expanded platform (vampire included).
Old 21 August 2021, 18:24   #127
stevelord

Quote:
Every NG Amiga, AROS, MorphOS, AmigaPPC never got one single original game of any quality.

The only one I can think of is Payback, which was pretty good on a decent spec'd box. Shogo and Wipeout 2097 are also good ports but obviously not original.

I've never played M.A.C.E. or BOH Advance but they look like the Amiga is a first class citizen and it may have been ported to other systems afterwards.

It really is a sorry state of affairs for NG!
Old 21 August 2021, 18:44   #128
nikosidis

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevelord View Post
The only one I can think of is Payback, which was pretty good on a decent spec'd box. Shogo and Wipeout 2097 are also good ports but obviously not original.

I've never played M.A.C.E. or BOH Advance but they look like the Amiga is a first class citizen and it may have been ported to other systems afterwards.

It really is a sorry state of affairs for NG!
Amiga classic, speccy and specially C64 got a lot of quality releases all the time.

2 AAA game releases last month. Turbo Tomato, Amiga, Pekthora, C64. Fantastic games!!

Amiga NG systems since 2000 = none.

No interest. Stupid systems.
Old 21 August 2021, 21:30   #129
manossg

Sorry, Niko, just saw this one.

Quote:
Diablo and Sonic old news.
Just ports of Quake, Doom, Diablo whatever. Can be played on any computer.
Why dismiss these awesome ports?

Personally, I wouldn't play the originals on the PC/Megadrive/Android/whatever. But I enjoy them a lot on the Amiga, exactly because of these ports. Same thing about BSZili's fantastic work, with games I wouldn't touch if not for his kickass ports. Should we crap on them because 'they can be played on any computer'?

Quote:
Only original title is Jack and Peppy. Sorry, but the game does not look very interesting.
Of course it is a matter of taste, but the game is fiendishly addictive and fun. Please, do not be quick to dismiss original Amiga games, just because you dislike the target hardware.

Quote:
Although the output for NG Amiga original games admittedly wasn't impressive, to say the least, I find this comment profoundly unfair. Some excellent original Amiga games were NG titles. Payback was already mentioned and I should add Wasted Dreams (ok, not a true NG game), OnEscapee, Foundation, the awesome Napalm, Genetic Species, Aqua, to name a few. You might not like them, but this is far from 'never got one single original game of any quality'.
Old 22 August 2021, 03:19   #130
Bruce Abbott

Quote:
Originally Posted by Promilus View Post
@Bruce_Abbot
And turning Amiga into peripheral addon for turbo card is in any way better?
The Amiga was always designed to do this. The first turbo card from Commodore, the A2620, came out in 1988. It plugged into the A2000's CPU slot (which is practically the same as the A1000 and A500's expansion slot), disabled the 68000 and 'took over the whole machine' just a like a Vampire does. This method of upgrading the CPU is an Amiga tradition.

Quote:
Cyclone V E A5 FPGA (V1200 and both of the new "non vampire" cards) is basically the same thing which propels Vampire 4 Standalone.
"If my aunt had balls, she'd be my uncle". The V4 Standalone is 'sasically the same' except it has no Amiga hardware in it. It's a good example of a (mostly) Amiga compatible computer built with modern components, but not that attractive to those of us who adore real Amiga hardware features like the clicky 880k disk drive, a keyboard without 'Windows' keys, the uniquely shaped case etc., and want to play with stuff that plugs into the parallel port, RGB output, PCMCIA slot etc. etc.

Quote:
Vampire initial boom was thanks to small amiga improvements... And then ... et voila ... Accelerator with pretty fast CPU, with IDE, SD, HDMI, FPU*, SAGA*
That's what was and still is (due to - yet again - lack of any other option) tempting for small amiga users.
Many of us love our 'small' Amigas. We had the opportunity to put our A500, A1200 or even A600 motherboard in a bigger case so we could add more stuff, but resisted because we didn't want to turn it into a PC wannabe. So the Vampire, providing twice the speed of the fastest classic Amiga ever - hiding inside our classic machine - was more than a little tempting. I deliberately chose the A600 for it because of this (I considered getting the A500 version and putting the result in a larger case, but rejected the idea).

Quote:
A1200, A3000 and A4000 users in many cases retained their already heavily enhanced amigas with PCI slots, 3D graphic cards and fairly powerful accelerators... And good for them.
Yep, good for them - turning their Amigas into a 'peripheral addon' for turbo cards, PCI buses, 3D graphics cards etc. Certainly if you already had an 060 the Vampire wasn't so attractive, and since it didn't fit in an A1200, A3000 or A4000 anyway...

Not many of us are in that category, but it seems to be the Amiga way that people get upset about not being 'in the club' of a particular configuration and tend to denigrate it out of fear of being left out. This is understandable considering the direction the Amiga IP owners tried to push us in after Amiga Technologies folded.

Ridiculously expensive power-hungry addon cards and 'New Generation' machines along with an incompatible OS soured a lot of us to Amiga developments over the last 20 years. The Vampire allowed us to finally hold our heads up and say No, we don't need your NG crap - we will stick with our classic Amiga hardware thank you very much. And what has happened since? Continued development of the OS for classic Amigas without the bloat of OS 3.9/4.0, greatly increased production of classic Amiga games and apps, and a big resurgence of interest in the formerly declared 'dead' 68k platform. Not all of that was due to the Vampire, but by making classic Amigas faster without destroying their character it was a part of it.

Quote:
On-board components won't go any faster due to FPGA limitations (both size and speed). And since there's no fast local bus in the designed (e.g. pcie phy which FPGA used DOES SUPPORT! nor full speed PCI...
When I bought the Vampire I decided that if this wasn't fast enough I would never be satisfied. But this too seems to be the Amiga way for some people - no matter how much you have it's never enough!

Those PCI bus boards are expensive behemoths that need a tower case to fit everything in, and then you have a very limited choice of compatible cards - all just to get RTG (and perhaps faster Ethernet or USB) on an A1200. If someone wants to do that it's fine, but it's a kludgy solution when something like the Vampire can do it onboard.

The Vampire is elegant way to incorporate a fast CPU, RTG and other stuff on a tidy low power board that integrates well into a 'small' Amiga. The PiStorm is another attempt to do something similar at lower cost. It's not quite as elegant due to adapting an existing board, and the software emulation is still (and may always be) a work in progress, but the lower cost and open source design could make it quite popular. I just hope we don't continue to see it being it boosted with lies ('PiStorm is 9 times cheaper than Vampire') and denigration ('Vampire turns Amiga into peripheral addon' - but PiStorm doesn't?).

The Vampire is a superb product, and the price is very reasonable for what you get. Barring development of new ASICs it's as close to real classic Amiga hardware as we are ever likely to get, and in the same spirit too. PiStorm is more of a software emulation than hardware, which is OK if you don't mind that sort of thing. Who knows what it might be capable of in the future, but right now it's no Vampire killer apart from the price. It's no 060 killer either, but 060 is a dead end (can't buy a good one today for a reasonable price).
Old 22 August 2021, 10:40   #131
Promilus

@Bruce
Quote:
The Amiga was always designed to do this. The first turbo card from Commodore, the A2620, came out in 1988. It plugged into the A2000's CPU slot (which is practically the same as the A1000 and A500's expansion slot), disabled the 68000 and 'took over the whole machine' just a like a Vampire does
Well there's a mountain of differences between upgrading CPU and Fast RAM and using while chipset (as 99% of amiga games does) and building a whole new subsystem with graphics, mass storage controller, audio etc. That was something reserved for big amiga like A3k and 4k which were designed to go beyond chipset capabilities from a start. It is not the case with A500/A600/A1200. Those computers were centered around chipset and either vampire or blizzardppc+grex+voodoo+deneb - makes no difference. If your aim was to get 68k compatible, AOS compatible, RTG based amiga-like with some chipset support you could've already get either MiSTer or V4SA.
Quote:
"If my aunt had balls, she'd be my uncle".
You are missing the point. V4SA is stand alone not because it was design to in the first place. Design started as regular accelerator. But since FPGA can hold everything it needs to run AmigaOS then there's really no need for physical amiga, right? Right. That's exactly what it means - Vampire 1200, new firebird and icedrake are based on the same FPGA with the same capabilities. It's capable of hosting independent system. It is capable.

So while from marketing point of view those are accelerators for amiga in reality there's so much integrated components in there it's basically nearly independent subsystem which uses classic amiga as keyboard, joystick, floppy and power supply. Sure. You still can use original chipset and use paula for audio or denise/lisa for video output. It makes no difference if the new system is built around FPGA or ARM SoC or heavily expanded 060+PPC or... Ryzen Embedded (V1000) if someone dares to. It makes absolutely no difference. Once you hook up USB mouse, use on-board FastIDE and SD card, use SAGA through HDMI output - well you could already unhook that piece of hardware from Amiga, hook up keyboard as well and use it as standalone. That's all what I'm saying.

And for things you mentioned - centered around chipset. Parallel port, fairly slow serial port, DB9 joystick, mouse. RGB output. Well, any particular reason why you need 150MIPS or so CPU (and all those things liek fastide, sd, saga, hdmi, usb mass storage and hid, new audio included) to do that? Don't answer, that's rhetorical question we all know the answer.

Quote:
Ridiculously expensive power-hungry addon cards and 'New Generation' machines along with an incompatible OS
I didn't find SAM, first models of AmigaOne or Pegasos as ridiculously expensive or power hungry. What's more - OS you say it's incompatible but it's built around the same system libraries and structure so when you run 68k binary it doesn't emulate everything just 68k code. I mean binaries from that narrow field of non-chipset-bind which means few games and lots of utilities. With AOS4 it was made fairly similar way Apple did migrate to PPC. I don't find that "incompatible OS" so incompatible as you claim.

Quote:
No, we don't need your NG crap - we will stick with our classic Amiga hardware thank you very much
Oh my... with what? New games running on RTG? That classic amiga hardware isn't even used! And which really new games running on AGA require that bloody fast CPU? I mean both CHIPRAM size and speed just hurts with even 060/50MHz, how the hell it is supposed to work with something faster? Chipset is too slow for AC68080 and when RTG comes to play your argument is basically invalid at that point. There's no reason RTG Amiga on Vampire is any different than RTG Amiga on PiStorm, RTG Amiga on Warp or RTG Amiga PPC.
Quote:
Those PCI bus boards are expensive behemoths that need a tower case to fit everything in
It's only because you compare it to PCI bus boards in existence. Look how small single PCI or PCIE slot is not to mention miniPCI/miniPCIE variant which is even smaller. And yes - if you thought of graphic cards the choice is very limited but there is a choice.
Quote:
when something like the Vampire can do it onboard
Sure it does. 2D isn't really a problem. You can use FHD resolution as well. Problem is 3D which it doesn't have and unlikely designed core would be any better than Warp3D for Permedia or VooDoo (in fact, I think it will be worse). When it comes for video playback even AMMX doesn't help all that much. That's why there are chips doing it in hardware but can't be used since Vampire doesn't have any kind of interface for such devices.

Quote:
I just hope we don't continue to see it being it boosted with lies
Don't know about you but I bought RPi4 once it was released (1GB version though) for roughly 40 Euro. Even if you add uSD (5 euro) and adapter board for roughly 13 euro that's around 60 (rounded up). I know, that model is unavailable and cheapest Pi4 is roughly 50 euro. Ok. So let's say for 70 Euro you do have complete system for PiStorm. And Firebird you can order for *just* 440. That gives only 6.2x higher price. Not 9, not 10... 6.2 It seems quite a lot anyway. Now let me check something... Mouser, 5CEBA5 - heart of all those accelerators - either available at the end of 2021 or in the Q2 of 2022. That's a problem. So who's kidding whom?

Why community is fragmented? Well let's see... late 90s - Commodore was out already, ppl thought ... well either we jump PPC accelerators, wait for PPC NG or wait this thing out. So some jumped on Phase 5 BlizzardPPC. Some jumped to AmigaOne, Pegasos, SAM. Some stayed behind with stock or partially expanded amiga. Now decade later... what's the choice? Again overpriced accelerators, stock, emulation or NG. Next decade - few cheap solutions like TF but basically old-school, some expensive like from Jens but also centered around physical 68k, yet another even more expensive NG, even better and more powerful emulation, FPGA "emulation" or new in the park - FPGA accelerator with sofctore 68k. You see how fragmented things are? And now some ppl jumped FPGA train and some jump ARM SoC on the fly 68k emulation train. Some think both solutions aren't classic amiga. We divide ourselves even more. And there's less things which bind us together as community. There are no new standards. Everyone works for himself and the solution he deems worthy.

Quote:
The Vampire is a superb product, and the price is very reasonable for what you get
It is only in retro world where bare A500 but boxed and complete can be worth 200 Euro while 15 years ago those were lying around in thrash. So please don't talk about pricing in retro computers as everything is highly overpriced and it's worth is only for ppl interested.

Quote:
Vampire turns Amiga into peripheral addon' - but PiStorm doesn't
My opinion is the same as already presented. When you push typical usage outside of classic amiga hardware you might as well use NG, Standalone or software emulation. And I'm not one to judge for doing so. But - if you work nearly only with classic software running on chipset there are 3 aspects I don't really understand:
1. what exactly you need that 080 speed for
2. what exactly that AMMX and 64bit gives you?
3. why the hell you think different audio and RTG with HDMI output is added value if you won't use it since you want "classic experience"?

I think for ppl like that Apollo Team was presenting cut-down version which is basically CPU+FAST RAM alone but I think it was just a rumor and project was never really considered worthwile.
And for ppl extensively using features like new and better audio, rtg graphics with hdmi output, fastide on vampire rather than a1200 ide. Why exactly do you cling to your amiga if all you do is type things on it's keyboard and use Vampire board to everything else? You know you could just do things like UnAmiga with V4SA and be done with it?
Old 22 August 2021, 13:16   #132
Bruce Abbott

Quote:
Originally Posted by Promilus View Post
When you push typical usage outside of classic amiga hardware you might as well use NG, Standalone or software emulation. And I'm not one to judge for doing so.
When I go outside of classic Amiga hardware I don't muck around trying to emulate it. UAE has it's uses, but it doesn't feel anything like a real Amiga. Actually I hate it, and much prefer to use my A1200 or A600 if possible for Amiga stuff (which is 99.9% of the time). I looked at going NG a few years ago, but the prices were disgusting and I couldn't see the point. Want much more than a classic Amiga is capable of? Just use a PC (I have so many laying around here I have lost count).

Quote:
But - if you work nearly only with classic software running on chipset there are 3 aspects I don't really understand:
1. what exactly you need that 080 speed for
2. what exactly that AMMX and 64bit gives you?
3. why the hell you think different audio and RTG with HDMI output is added value if you won't use it since you want "classic experience"?
1a. Web browsing. The A1200 was OK until all the websites went encrypted, now it's painfully slow on many of them.

1b. Compiling C and C++ code - even a 50MHz 030 is too slow for me (I am used to the assembler taking less than 10 seconds to process over 1MB of source code).

1c. trying out the latest games and apps that need at least an 060 and RTG for reasonable performance.

1d. Anything else that could do with a bit more speed and/or extra RAM - emulators, pdf readers etc.

Today I peeked into some bloatware called KEGS (AppleIIgs emulator) using my interactive disassembler on the A1200. It was a bit slow but did the job - then I realized the asm source file wouldn't fit into 32MB of RAM. But it won't be a problem for the Vampire.

So I don't need an 080, but when I want the speed and memory it's there. A stock A600 is quite sad in comparison too. Had I not got the Vampire I probably would have put an 020 or 030 card in it, which wouldn't be nearly as useful.

2. What did MMX, 3Dnow and SSE give me on a PC? Buggered if I know, but I bet those instructions were used when appropriate. It's the same with AMMX and 64 bit. I don't care what goes on 'under the hood' so long as the results are good. Otherwise just having a faster CPU that runs 68k code is enough for me.

3. RTG is classic experience for me - I had it in my A3000. HDMI is digital for a sharper picture, and VGA converters are cheap. Sadly my TV doesn't do 50Hz through HDMI even though it does PAL composite fine, but I have another small TV which works perfectly at native resolution in 1024x768.

I don't need different audio, and my Vampire doesn't have it. The new Vampires do? Great, now we can imagine we are using a high end classic Amiga sound card! (if we want to - nobody's forcing it on us).

Quote:
I think for ppl like that Apollo Team was presenting cut-down version which is basically CPU+FAST RAM alone but I think it was just a rumor and project was never really considered worthwile.
I think they should concentrate on getting the full featured products out first, then they can look at making a cut down version if the demand is there. Otherwise someone else will probably pick it up (just doing 68k CPU and RAM shouldn't be hard).

Quote:
And for ppl extensively using features like new and better audio, rtg graphics with hdmi output, fastide on vampire rather than a1200 ide. Why exactly do you cling to your amiga if all you do is type things on it's keyboard and use Vampire board to everything else?
That's not true (still have Amiga parallel, serial, mouse, joystick, disk drive, PCMCIA...). But even if it was 'just' the keyboard that would be better than being forced to use a pc keyboard.

Quote:
You know you could just do things like UnAmiga with V4SA and be done with it?
V4SA is a liittle box with none of the character of a real classic Amiga. I might enjoy using it, but it wouldn't be the same.
Old 22 August 2021, 15:11   #133
Promilus

Quote:
1a. Web browsing. The A1200 was OK until all the websites went encrypted, now it's painfully slow on many of them.
Browsing with no browser handling current standards and with limited by AGA resolution and color depth... ok
Quote:
1b. Compiling C and C++ code - even a 50MHz 030 is too slow for me (I am used to the assembler taking less than 10 seconds to process over 1MB of source code).
that's what cross compilers are made for. Or you claim to have absolutely no different platform to do amiga stuff?
Quote:
trying out the latest games and apps that need at least an 060 and RTG for reasonable performance
Ok... and you know what DraCo or Casablanca was? It was non-commodore hardware without any portion of amiga chipset inside them but with Zorro slots, 68k processor and running under AmigaOS. Well if 060+RTG is a target you could've done that 25 years ago with DraCo. It's not even amiga. It doesn't have "classic amiga hardware". It runs things you mentioned. And so does V4SA. Now I might be annoying but when someone rants about "classic amiga hardware" and uses RTG on platform which is exactly the same as non-amiga V4SA that kind of looks funny. Icedrake and Firebird are V4SA backported to actually fit inside Amiga. My point is - whole platform doesn't really need that "classic amiga hardware" - they just added those cards for naive ppl thinking they retain "classic amiga hardware" when in fact they just use Amiga board as an supply extension for a whole new platform built on top of it. And there's nothing wrong with that as long as they are well aware of it. But your opinion seems to point out there are quite a lot vampire users still clinging "so what I do have vampire it still is hooked to original amiga so it's still classic experience, not some bloody NG which is different hardware or pistorm which is software emulator".

Quote:
What did MMX, 3Dnow and SSE give me on a PC? Buggered if I know, but I bet those instructions were used when appropriate
already wrote about 3DNow! SSE basically did the same thing - both were used by idTech3 so every game, either MOHAA, Jedi Knight, Quake 3, Half Life etc. used it as well. Which is already more than you can tell about AMMX. Now then what about other uses? Well video codecs did use those, JPEG decoding used MMX (there was a bug in K6 I believe where jpeg were decoded wrong) and since every system past Pentium MMX (so K6 and VIA) had MMX support and that support was added to OS as well it also had much more use than AMMX. AMMX didn't even got so much support as AltiVec in G4/G5 based NG.
Quote:
RTG is classic experience for me - I had it in my A3000
Yeah, yeah... but I remember you were talking about classic amiga HARDWARE. RTG was initiative which begun when non-rtg commodore (and 3rd party) products (which were designed because chipset was already at it's limit) made a mess on the market with weird modes, drivers etc. So standardization begun with P96 (3rd party) or CGX (same here). And most of those RTG cards were based on ... surprise! Tseng, Cirrus, S3, 3DLabs*, 3dfx*, ati*. So much for "classic amiga experience" with RTG. Towerized A1200 with Elbox Mediator, BlizzardPPC and Voodoo3 is as much "classic amiga experience" as your vampirezed A600 or PiStormed A500.
Old 22 August 2021, 21:57   #134
YouKnowWho
Banned

Quote:
A joke that have been delivered to almost close to 400 people at this moment and more going out..
Show me one website where I can click, order and get delivery of a 1260 next day.

That's what I thought.

I'm still waiting for an email reply from those CS Labs guy to two emails I sent a year ago.

And the guy who's responsible for the TF? Well...let me be perfectly clear...it's called TERRIBLE for a reason. Pains me to say this about anyone doing Amiga hardware, but nothing "Terrible" will ever get a penny of support out of me.
Old 22 August 2021, 22:06   #135
YouKnowWho
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by grelbfarlk View Post
Yes people are dying in the streets fighting over 060s, running up to aid trucks holding up their accelerators with empty CPU sockets shrieking at the top of their lungs for some relief. Then the Motorola man takes out one tray of 060s and flings them into the crowd which then turns into a bloodbath and limbs go flying just to touch that ceramic surface or those heavy yellow golden pins for just a moment.
The reality of 68K situation is simple.
68080 never existed.
68060 are no longer made for some time. Ones that were made were in limited quantities because of the narrow deployment across popular computers
68040 - have any been made since 2000?
68030 - no longer made and what exists is being destroyed as gold prices skyrocket
68020 - the only CPU still made today, and to be honest, perfectly sufficient at 28-40Mhz for Amiga needs. Also, not terribly expensive.

When it comes to FPGA, this is why 68020 makes perfect sense as the only core. People want 68040 or 68060...but, it just doesn't make sense. It's another one of those "why" things on the Amiga. Everything will work perfectly fine on an FPGA using a 68020 core. 68040 or 68060 is just for SysInfo pointless desires. Just like real 68060s....minimal benefit on very few and limited applications that have no real productivity purpose.
Old 22 August 2021, 22:09   #136
Chucky

Quote:
Originally Posted by YouKnowWho View Post
Show me one website where I can click, order and get delivery of a 1260 next day.
Amibay at this moment.. but "next day" sorry this is the issue. you have shown being a "customer" with extreme attitude etc. so you are sadly on "nogo" list.

but yes. it is available for people on amibay at this very moment.
and have been available for people for long. maybe not "next day" as hey. we are 3 people building those cards. on sparetime. we have something that might surprise you: daytime jobs and familys..

and the best thing with selling cards: we do not HAVE to sell to everyone..
Old 22 August 2021, 22:13   #137
Chucky

Quote:
Originally Posted by YouKnowWho View Post
68080 never existed.
68060 are no longer made for some time. Ones that were made were in limited quantities because of the narrow deployment across popular computers
68040 - have any been made since 2000?
68030 - no longer made and what exists is being destroyed as gold prices skyrocket
68020 - the only CPU still made today, and to be honest, perfectly sufficient at 28-40Mhz for Amiga needs. Also, not terribly expensive.
68020 and 68000 is still in production.
you get more money selling a 030 than for gold.. still
040 was released in 1990.. so you are off by 10 years. (one simple google)
060s was made until 2016.. as they are used in much telecom and military equipment. so they will pop up for a while due to recycling.

but. well. YOU might not need more than 020. guess what: this might come as a newsflash for you: the world is larger than you....
Old 22 August 2021, 23:13   #138
YouKnowWho
Banned

Quote:
Amibay at this moment.. but "next day" sorry this is the issue. you have shown being a "customer" with extreme attitude etc. so you are sadly on "nogo" list.

but yes. it is available for people on amibay at this very moment.
and have been available for people for long. maybe not "next day" as hey. we are 3 people building those cards. on sparetime. we have something that might surprise you: daytime jobs and familys..

and the best thing with selling cards: we do not HAVE to sell to everyone..
As I said...TERRIBLE!

To be on nogo list, you have to have my order first. And that will never happen.
How fortunate the Amiga community is that there are real supporters of the true 68K platform product without the nonsense expressed - Thank you iComp for being here without all this TF terribleness. iComp - who supports the platform, where things exist, I can click and order and not have to ask permission and get the blessing to be part of some special click who can run the three things that require a 68060.

On another note...

Quote:
040 was released in 1990.. so you are off by 10 years. (one simple google)
Chucky, I hope the TF1260 product most people received isn't riddled with issues due to reading comprehension. Did you notice the question "68040 - have any been made since 2000?"

If there is one thing I feel clearly about, it is TF "products". Thanks, no thanks.
Old 22 August 2021, 23:17   #139
Chucky

Icomp. well. try to order an ACA1260.. or ACA1240.. good luck.
but the TF1260 is the most sold modern 060 solution there are for the amiga..

ah yeah misread that 040 thing. yup. true. correct. anyway. why bother about the 040. it is slow,. it is the least compatible 68k cpu. and just hot and horrible.
I AM dyslectic.. so yeah it happens sometimes.. however THAT doesn't affect the TF boards at all..
Old 22 August 2021, 23:24   #140
Chucky

but here it all end in that you cannot accept that you are not the centre of the world and everyone jumps when you ask for stuff.. your attitude shines through.. and that can have result in the feedback you get.. in form of no replys or "nahh go away"

in short: this is not really for you..
and your attitude to TF. you haven't even ever have any kind of interaction with him. so how can you even know?