English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Support > support.Apps

Old 06 April 2020, 18:17   #1
Loki762

AGS2 - find game screenshots and details for Retroplay WHDload archive

Recently I have bough an A1200 and I have spent so many hours investigating now on how to get a nice collection of games for the AGS2, "Arcade Game Selector 2", that I now really would appreciate some help ;-)

What I have found out so far:
* I have downloaded all games from the Retroplay collection - they work and I can easily list them all in the AGS2 but I need the picture and description for each game
* I can probably use the screenshots from "HstWB iGame screenshots for EAB WHDLoad Games"
* I can probably use the game descriptions from "eab-whdload-demos-aga-menu-package" which also contains the AGS2 application
* I can build my own scripts but I need valid sources and there is a HUGE mismatch between the data I have :-( E.g. the game "Aaargh!" I can find a description for but its picture folder is named "Aaargh", so I cannot match it - and there are a ton of those mismatches and different places so I cannot overcome to clean-up it all.

So I am really frustrated currently that I am not able to get the "eab-whdload-demos-aga-menu-package" to work with a complete game selection with pictures and text for each game.

Can anyone point me in some directions? It would really be appreciated :-) I could even live with a finished setup with all games (and demos?) but this seems not possible to find for AGS2.