English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Misc > Collections

Old 12 January 2021, 14:31   #1
Liquid_Drummer

Potential "Eternal Vortex" BBS backups. Need help?

Thank you so much for access to the collection. I feel like a kid at Christmas. I have a simple question. My friend used to run a BBS on Amiga and I have access to all of the old floppies. If I am able to read and copy these floppies would there be a chance they could work or just be a waste of time? I know NOTHING about the old BBS and term software.

If I am able to get his old BBS up even for a second I will probably turn in to a useless puddle. He died in 93 on the way to Comic-Con in San Diego in an accident. His BBS was up at the time and his grandmother just shut it down a couple of weeks after he died when she got the will to go in to his room. These floppies have been in storage since then and probably have him talking about the trip. These floppies are from the late 80's early 90's so I know this whole thing is a long shot anyway. Thanks again. His BBS was called Eternal Vortex. It was in the U.S. in Louisville, Kentucky 502-448-6887 but I don't think he ever ended up on any big lists or crack-tros.
Old 12 January 2021, 18:20   #2
lilalurl
Global Moderator

Send a message via ICQ to lilalurl
I moved the above post from DamienD's collection thread. Looks like Liquid_Drummer has enough material for a collection of the Eternal Vortex BBS.

I hope some of the experts/collectors here can help him determine if a backup is needed and if so how to proceed.
Old 12 January 2021, 18:52   #3
Sandancer

any new collection is worth it, even if there is 1 disk out of how many there is, its worth it
Old 13 January 2021, 08:51   #4
chip

Is the backup of the BBS on floppies ?
Old 13 January 2021, 20:17   #5
redblade
Zone Friend

Cool a US Warez BBS. Was it running on a A500 or a A2000? Hareware details would be nice

Image it please as it should have a lot of NTSC releases on it, maybe some NTSC cracktros from smaller groups .

Hopefully it has some h/p/c/v utils as well

The bbs was not mentioned on janeway
Old 16 December 2021, 00:45   #6
Lucidphreak

any progress on this?
Old 18 December 2021, 23:48   #7
zodiac

There is so much US scene material missing. For example there was a group called M.A.A.D. that cracked F-18 Interceptor and had numbered doc disks. There is only a couple in TOSEC. It would be wonderful if Waremonger from Quartex jumped on here one day with his BBS backups. Your Link To Perfection was a very popular early scene BBS. Or Hellion from WOW/Paranoimia who ran FBI BBS.