English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Support > New to Emulation or Amiga scene

Old 19 August 2021, 23:08   #1
pilleater

Question Load samples and .mod into Protracker V2.3d.adf on Amiberry or FS-AUE emulation

Hi guys,

I'm totally new to how Amigas work and the technology.

I recently bought a Raspberry Pi 400 keyboard and installed DietPi with Amiberry on it. I followed the retrofriends tutorial, which can be found on YouTube.

My goal is to run Protracker and make music. This requires samples to be used in the program.

Everything works in Amiberry, and I do have the Amiga Forever Plus Edition in working order. I can load Protracker (PT2.3D.adf), but I don't know how to load in a .mod file or use samples.

I also downloaded FS-UAE and it works the same way as Amiberry.

I tried making separate Floppy Disk locations, but I am left with "Can't Find Directory!!" in Protracker.

I am also looking into an adf editor program. Do I have to edit the PT2.3D.adf file and load samples and .mod files inside of it?

I also tried loading Protracker, and then switching over to an adf file with samples on it, but I get the same "can't find dir" error.

I know anybody can just get a the software PT2.3D clone for windows or mac, but to authentically run it, I am confused how one would load samples onto a Protracker being emulated by Amiberry or FS-UAE.

...If I can understand how to load samples into Protracker using Amiberry, that would be great. I would then have a fake emulation of an Amiga using a Raspberry Pi 400.

Thank you.

Last edited by pilleater; 19 August 2021 at 23:39.