English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Support > support.WinUAE

Old 14 October 2010, 04:06   #1
ukdesigner

Question Configs wont save?

Hello,

Ive just spent 5 hours trying different things and about to give up on this already

I made a config, in Hardware and Saved it, made one in configurations (Same name) and saved it too, and the same in host and saved it.

When I reopen the program, my settings (Some of like the hard drives) have been reset back to default and whats even more confusing is that under HARDWARE, the config I made is not showing, however I can see the config in windows explorer

Please does someone know what Im doing wrong or is this a bug?

Thankyou.
Old 14 October 2010, 04:26   #2
ukdesigner

In fact if I save a config under the HARDWARE tab, it wont show anything in the right side even if it saves? Is that normal behavior?
Old 14 October 2010, 06:09   #3
Glen_McDiarmid

a few things to check/try

I'm certainly no WinUAE expert but I'll give this a try:

Check your paths. Just because you saved a config doesn't mean WinUAE will automatically find it if your path isn't where you saved the config.

If the name of the config isn't default.uae, then auto-loading won't happen.

Check the "quickstart" page, and make sure that "start in quickstart mode" isn't selected. If there is a way of properly loading a config and still doing quickstart, then I haven't worked out how yet.

Just to check, you need to click on which config you want to save to, and then click on "save". the first time, use "Save as", but ensure that where you save to is the same path as specified in "path" tab.

Old 14 October 2010, 07:53   #4
Toni Wilen
WinUAE developer

Configurations stored in Program Files? It will cause problems.
Old 15 October 2010, 20:01   #5
ukdesigner

thanks guys, its so unbelieveably confusing because theres so many different tutorials and instructions and versions all contradicting each other too. Im using WinUae loader now as it makes loads more sense and organises everything better, and just save over the top of that config for WHDLOAD.