English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Main > Amiga scene

Old 31 August 2020, 09:23   #21
Jope
-

The C64 scene does this with some amount of seriousness - any PD thing is worth a first release on the boards. Not sure about the Amiga side though.. :-)
Old 31 August 2020, 09:38   #22
drHirudo
Amiga user

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jope View Post
The C64 scene does this with some amount of seriousness - any PD thing is worth a first release on the boards. Not sure about the Amiga side though.. :-)
Yup, the C64 scene is still very fast on cracking PD games. More active than the Amiga scene as it seems, but not as active as in the 2000-ies.

Recently (in beginning of July), I've updated one of my C64 games. It got cracked, re-packed, documented, +3D trained, added intro and end sequence in a week.

On the other hand I love the Amiga disk compilations of intros/games that were coming from time to time. Usually a swapper who knows almost nothing about programming, had the sources of the packs intro starters, and he was just changing some names for the incbins and adding text file for the new release.
Old 31 August 2020, 11:51   #23
WayneK

But the C64 side also "respects" new commercial titles (partially because 90% of them are produced by "sceners"...) - the cracked/trained version is spread on BBSes, but online databases like CSDB don't link to the files, instead they link to the company website where you can purchase the original game.

I think this lasts a long time, something like 1 year before the cracked version is available to download.
Old 31 August 2020, 17:22   #24
hammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Storm View Post
Hey, the Amiga is so awesome I’m not surprised Trump is onboard lol
Make Amiga Great Again.