English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Support > support.OtherUAE

Old 23 October 2021, 13:40   #1
Wulfman

Quit emulation but not the emulator

Hello everyone,

first of all: this is about FS_UAE / WinUAE, possibly later Amiberry.

I had a few games as an ADF - but sometimes more than 4 floppy disks. There is no WHDLoad for this. Solution: I created a VHD / HDF, installed WB3.1, installed ONE game per HDF. Config adjusted so that the games start immediately (i.e. clicked in FS_UAE an game -> Starts directly without clicking WB).

If I quit the game now, I'll end up in the workbench. I then have to manually click away the Workbench Windows window. Stupid.

Now I've found UAEquit. That ALMOST what I'm looking for. Unfortunately, the emulator (WinUAE etc.) is also terminated here. That's silly . I just want to stop emulation. With WHDLoad this is practically standard - if necessary there is also the quitkey. At least with WinUAE / FS_UAE I can't do anything with the solution - with Recalbox / Retropie etc. this is practically perfect.

How do I get that under FS_UAE / WinUAE that only the emulation is ended?

Small additional question: can I see the name of the emulator in the workbench? Is there anything that reveals itself and that I can query via cli? If the whole thing would then want to script like this: If the Workbench runs within Amiberry -> uaequit, it does not run in Amiberry -> Tool-what-I'm-looking-for

Thx
Old 24 October 2021, 12:39   #2
Toni Wilen
WinUAE developer

"uae-configuration AKS_RESTART 1" probably does what you want but I am not sure if it is implemented in other UAE variants.

(Source inputevents.def file contains list of supported events.)
Old 29 October 2021, 13:40   #3
midwan

Amiberry at least fully supports that option, and you can map it to any key/controller button, so you can trigger it directly.
Old 29 October 2021, 17:02   #4
Wulfman

Thank you both for the answer!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toni Wilen View Post
"uae-configuration AKS_RESTART 1" probably does what you want but I am not sure if it is implemented in other UAE variants.
Perfect! (for WinUAE)
FS_UAE doesn'T work

Quote:
Originally Posted by midwan View Post
Amiberry at least fully supports that option,

Of course! Whereby I also have the quitkey from the "host system" (emulation station, etc.). Nevertheless, it would be nice if my script could end the emulation after the game and bring me back to the start. Finally, I can also say "WinUAE = F12" ... The only problem then is FS_UAE (fullscreen) where the termination is somewhat "more extensive"

The whole thing is ultimately just a gimmick for me - I like to do things like that (even my Linux scripts always have something that you don't really need - nice2have features) and I find something fully automatic like that somehow nice . If anyone else here has an idea for FS_UAE ....

I will integrate "uae-configuration AKS_RESTART 1" into my script anyway.

Last edited by Wulfman; 29 October 2021 at 18:28.
Old 02 November 2021, 20:11   #5
FrodeSolheim
FS-UAE Developer

@Wulfman I didn't quite understand what you wanted to happen instead of FS-UAE quitting...:
- You want to quit the WHDLoad game but not end up in Workbench
- You don't want FS-UAE to quit, but you want the emulation to step
= What should happen? What do you want to be able to do here afterwards?
Old 12 November 2021, 09:42   #6
Wulfman

Not WHDLoad

1) Start game on HDF (Every game has his own HDF (see above))
2) Game start automatically! (startup-script)
3) Quit Game via InGame-Option
4) Now: i am on Workbench
=> I now have to manually interact with fs_uae and stop the emulation. (with WinUAE: in the Startup-Script after "startgame"-Line => "uae-configuration AKS_RESTART 1". Quit Game = Quit Emulation -> Back to WinUAE)

WHDLoad @ 4) -> automatically quit emulation. Nothing to do.
Old 12 November 2021, 15:16   #7
FrodeSolheim
FS-UAE Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wulfman View Post
=> I now have to manually interact with fs_uae and stop the emulation
And you can prevent having to manually interact with FS-UAE to stop the emulation / quit the emulator by running
Code:
uae-configuration SPC_QUIT 1
But I though you didn't want to quit the emulator. Maybe you mean you want to quit FS-UAE (the emulator) but not FS-UAE Launcher/Arcade? If that's what you mean, then
uae-configuration SPC_QUIT 1
is what you are looking for.