English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Support > support.WinUAE

Old 20 October 2023, 18:50   #81
Toni Wilen
WinUAE developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ponki1986 View Post
Yes, it's true that I changed the screen many times at once. And the P96 I use is 2.1c.
You were switching between 1024x768x8 and 1024x768x32 RTG modes with Amiga+M/N keys, right?

For some reason D3D11 renderer was re-initialized even when PC-side mode is identical (PC side is always 32-bit, other RTG modes are internally converted to 32-bit)

EDIT: Does https://www.winuae.net/files/b/winuae.7z fix it (make sure it is dated today).

Last edited by Toni Wilen; 20 October 2023 at 19:13.
Old 21 October 2023, 07:21   #82
Ponki1986

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toni Wilen View Post
You were switching between 1024x768x8 and 1024x768x32 RTG modes with Amiga+M/N keys, right?

For some reason D3D11 renderer was re-initialized even when PC-side mode is identical (PC side is always 32-bit, other RTG modes are internally converted to 32-bit)

EDIT: Does https://www.winuae.net/files/b/winuae.7z fix it (make sure it is dated today).
I switch screens by clicking on the gadget in the upper right corner. I checked and there is no problem with the mouse pointer anymore. Interruption in CDDA player when switching screens still occurs. But a little less. Unfortunately, mounting the archive containing the disc image causes the emulator to hang.
Old 21 October 2023, 09:24   #83
Toni Wilen
WinUAE developer

Quote:
I switch screens by clicking on the gadget in the upper right corner. I checked and there is no problem with the mouse pointer anymore. Interruption in CDDA player when switching screens still occurs. But a little less.
winuae.7z update (datestamp = today). Does it work better? Include also logs.

Quote:
Unfortunately, mounting the archive containing the disc image causes the emulator to hang.
Works for me.

[EDITED]: This really sounds like out of ram problem (not physical RAM but per process RAM which is about 1.5G on 32-bit Windows versions), it is quite big zip file and unpacking needs space for original and unpacked ram. Does it work if you lower Amiga side RAM and VRAM to 16M or so?

Last edited by Toni Wilen; 21 October 2023 at 09:38.
Old 21 October 2023, 12:55   #84
Ponki1986

Quote:
winuae.7z update (datestamp = today). Does it work better? Include also logs.

Works for me.

[EDITED]: This really sounds like out of ram problem (not physical RAM but per process RAM which is about 1.5G on 32-bit Windows versions), it is quite big zip file and unpacking needs space for original and unpacked ram. Does it work if you lower Amiga side RAM and VRAM to 16M or so?
My apologies, I forgot about the debug files. I don't understand what's going on with datestamp? Do you mean if I downloaded the Beta 5 version dated 10/20/2023? You were right about mounting the ZIP file with the CD image. There is not enough memory in the system. But why didn't previous versions have this problem?
Attached Files
File Type: zip winuae_debug_5.1.0_20.10.2023.zip (35.4 KB, 23 views)
Old 21 October 2023, 13:12   #85
Toni Wilen
WinUAE developer

Quote:
My apologies, I forgot about the debug files. I don't understand what's going on with datestamp? Do you mean if I downloaded the Beta 5 version dated 10/20/2023? You were right about mounting the ZIP file with the CD image. There is not enough memory in the system.
I meantion datastamp because there is too much caching and it is common to get old version. If you got 20.10 version, append something like ?abc=1 at the end of the download url to force different name = cache gets bypassed
EDIT: use b6.

Quote:
But why didn't previous versions have this problem?
winuae.exe is larger, something else probably takes a bit more memory now etc.. Same problem was common during XP era which had even less free per process memory (1G, usually slightly lower). Everything needs to fit in that address space, including all DLLs.

Last edited by Toni Wilen; 22 October 2023 at 19:23.
Old 21 October 2023, 18:49   #86
Toni Wilen
WinUAE developer

https://download.abime.net/winuae/fi...nuae_5100b6.7z
https://download.abime.net/winuae/fi...ae64_5100b6.7z

Beta 6:

- On screen Amiga keyboard.
- GUI pad control mouse move now wraps around.
- Fixed Sound panel floppy sound GUI, switching floppy drives forced current configuration to selected drive. (b1)
- If Z2/Z3 IDE controller board with more than 1 IDE channel was configured more than once, second board's HDF was also mounted to first controller's second channel.
- Game ports panel Remap/Test panel only worked once (broke in some previous beta)
- Do not unnecessarily reinitialize D3D11 when switching modes if window size and filter settings do not change. This optimization is not in D3D9 mode.
- RTG<>native switch in fullwindow mode didn't properly check if both modes had same monitor (default monitor vs specific selected monitor was always detected as different monitor even if specific selected monitor was also default monitor), causing unnessary window reopen.

On screen keyboard details:
- Look is quite basic but it needs to be scalable to any resolution. Lines and fonts only, can't have any complex graphics.
- Pad button 4 is now default mapped to open/close on screen keyboard input event (if loaded config has button 4 mapped to something else, button is not mapped to OSK)
- Pad button/d-pad that normally controls Amiga joystick moves keyboard selection. Joystick movements and button presses are not sent to Amiga side as long as OSK is open.
- Fire button press = send selected key's press
- Fire button release = send selected key's release
- Second button press = toggle state of selected key. Keep shift or control or other qualifier key pressed.
- Second button release = does nothing.
- Keyboard layout is US layout + 2 keys that are used in international layout variants + few bonus "keys". I probably won't bother with other layouts because this is only meant for situations where key presses like "Press F1 to start game" are needed. It is impossible to know what layout program expects anyway if it reads keyboard directly or reads keyboard scan codes.
- If GUI is entered when OSK is open, GUI pad control is automatically enabled.
- Perhaps some useful other extra "keys" will be added later.
- Transparency only in D3D9 and D3D11 modes.
- This has nothing in common with GUI pad control.
Old 21 October 2023, 22:15   #87
dhester

Toni
Forgive me for being stupid but how do I access the OSK.
Old 21 October 2023, 22:16   #88
Viceroy

Thanks again Toni
Old 22 October 2023, 10:49   #89
Toni Wilen
WinUAE developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhester View Post
Toni
Forgive me for being stupid but how do I access the OSK.
If you have game controller with 4 or more buttons, configured in winuae using default game ports panel: press button 4 after emulation has been started.
EDIT: button 4 is the default because buttons 1 to 3 already have fire,2nd,3rd button defaults.

If you have less buttons or have custom game controller config: add "On screen keyboard" input event to some button.

There is no keyboard shortcut because it would not make much sense

Last edited by Toni Wilen; 22 October 2023 at 11:47.
Old 23 October 2023, 05:12   #90
ransom1122

OSK

Everything is working perfectly and looking great.

I can't get Transparency in either D3D9 or D3D11 modes. OSK always is Black over image?

Also not sureif you need the "X" (Close) option with OSK as Button 4 can open and close OSK...

Other then that its very easy to use for basic keyb commands with joystick now. Well done
Old 23 October 2023, 07:36   #91
Rotareneg

Latest nvidia driver, 545.84, has some issues with Windows 10 UI transparency, not sure if that would have an effect on WinUAE too or not, or if would even apply to your system, but I thought it might be something to be aware of.
Old 23 October 2023, 07:53   #92
Toni Wilen
WinUAE developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ransom1122 View Post
I can't get Transparency in either D3D9 or D3D11 modes. OSK always is Black over image?
Did you check that it didn't fallback to GDI mode? (which can't use transparency)

Quote:
Also not sureif you need the "X" (Close) option with OSK as Button 4 can open and close OSK...
It is needed if it is opened with "Open onscreen keyboard" inputevent and user does not have 4 button pad (has custom pad config). Thats why it only requires 2 buttons to use.
Old 23 October 2023, 08:07   #93
ransom1122

I'm not sure what you mean by GDI Mode?
Old 23 October 2023, 09:03   #94
Toni Wilen
WinUAE developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ransom1122 View Post
I'm not sure what you mean by GDI Mode?
GDI is the "fallback" mode if D3D9 and/or D3D11 is not available. (Replaced long obsolete DirectDraw few versions ago). Switch to D3D9/D3D11 (misc panel), exit GUI, enter GUI. Check if selected mode was changed.
Old 23 October 2023, 09:32   #95
ransom1122

I am always on dx11 mode, it doesn't change from dx11 exiting and re entering gui

Old 23 October 2023, 15:04   #96
Ponki1986

Quote:
https://download.abime.net/winuae/fi...nuae_5100b6.7z
https://download.abime.net/winuae/fi...ae64_5100b6.7z

Beta 6:

- On screen Amiga keyboard.
- GUI pad control mouse move now wraps around.
- Fixed Sound panel floppy sound GUI, switching floppy drives forced current configuration to selected drive. (b1)
- If Z2/Z3 IDE controller board with more than 1 IDE channel was configured more than once, second board's HDF was also mounted to first controller's second channel.
- Game ports panel Remap/Test panel only worked once (broke in some previous beta)
- Do not unnecessarily reinitialize D3D11 when switching modes if window size and filter settings do not change. This optimization is not in D3D9 mode.
- RTG<>native switch in fullwindow mode didn't properly check if both modes had same monitor (default monitor vs specific selected monitor was always detected as different monitor even if specific selected monitor was also default monitor), causing unnessary window reopen.

On screen keyboard details:
- Look is quite basic but it needs to be scalable to any resolution. Lines and fonts only, can't have any complex graphics.
- Pad button 4 is now default mapped to open/close on screen keyboard input event (if loaded config has button 4 mapped to something else, button is not mapped to OSK)
- Pad button/d-pad that normally controls Amiga joystick moves keyboard selection. Joystick movements and button presses are not sent to Amiga side as long as OSK is open.
- Fire button press = send selected key's press
- Fire button release = send selected key's release
- Second button press = toggle state of selected key. Keep shift or control or other qualifier key pressed.
- Second button release = does nothing.
- Keyboard layout is US layout + 2 keys that are used in international layout variants + few bonus "keys". I probably won't bother with other layouts because this is only meant for situations where key presses like "Press F1 to start game" are needed. It is impossible to know what layout program expects anyway if it reads keyboard directly or reads keyboard scan codes.
- If GUI is entered when OSK is open, GUI pad control is automatically enabled.
- Perhaps some useful other extra "keys" will be added later.
- Transparency only in D3D9 and D3D11 modes.
- This has nothing in common with GUI pad control.

Everything seems to work properly under Windows 7 x86. OSK displays correctly and is transparent. The issue with intermittent CDDA playback only occurs with Personal Paint 7.3 Switching the screen to other programs does not cause this situation. I am attaching debug files, maybe they will be useful.
Attached Files
File Type: zip winuae_debug_5.1.0.B6.zip (38.6 KB, 34 views)
Old 23 October 2023, 17:23   #97
Toni Wilen
WinUAE developer

Quote:
Everything seems to work properly under Windows 7 x86. OSK displays correctly and is transparent. The issue with intermittent CDDA playback only occurs with Personal Paint 7.3 Switching the screen to other programs does not cause this situation. I am attaching debug files, maybe they will be useful.
Thanks. This is quite strange because your log still shows D3D11 reopens. If I load your config, change harddrive path and boot to WB, then run ppaint and then switch modes: no D3D11 free/init log messages. (Full reopen is slow which can explain the sound problem)

Same in both full-window and windowed mode.

Does same happen if you use windowed mode? (Maybe this is some difference in older Windows versions, unfortunately testing D3D in a VM does not always match real world)

Only unexpected issue I noticed (which has nothing to do with your problem): it is not possible to have D3D11 windowed mode with topmost window flag set.. (Which makes no sense but debug D3D11 specifically lists that WS_EX_TOPMOST is incompatible). I guess I need to ignore topmost misc panel setting if D3D11 mode..

(btw, something in your startup-sequence does something stupid: "RTG invalid region: 211A3EA0:64:9 (65535x1)-(4x3)". Tries to use negative coordinates.)
Old 23 October 2023, 19:23   #98
Rotareneg

I just tried the OSK and it is technically transparent, but so dark it might as well just be black. Attached is the log, just in case there's anything relevant there. Also, every time I open WinUAE now the GUI always resizes to fill the screen. Solved that last one, Fullscreen GUI was enabled on the Host/Miscellaneous page.

Attached Files
File Type: zip winuae64_debug_5.1.0.zip (17.7 KB, 22 views)

Last edited by Rotareneg; 23 October 2023 at 19:36.
Old 23 October 2023, 19:42   #99
Ponki1986

Quote:
Thanks. This is quite strange because your log still shows D3D11 reopens. If I load your config, change harddrive path and boot to WB, then run ppaint and then switch modes: no D3D11 free/init log messages. (Full reopen is slow which can explain the sound problem)

Same in both full-window and windowed mode.

Does same happen if you use windowed mode? (Maybe this is some difference in older Windows versions, unfortunately testing D3D in a VM does not always match real world)

Only unexpected issue I noticed (which has nothing to do with your problem): it is not possible to have D3D11 windowed mode with topmost window flag set.. (Which makes no sense but debug D3D11 specifically lists that WS_EX_TOPMOST is incompatible). I guess I need to ignore topmost misc panel setting if D3D11 mode..

(btw, something in your startup-sequence does something stupid: "RTG invalid region: 211A3EA0:64:9 (65535x1)-(4x3)". Tries to use negative coordinates.)
Yes, the same situation is in windowed and full window mode. I noticed that windowed mode can only be rendered by D3D9.

In full screen mode everything is OK. But sometimes I can't switch to full screen using D3D 11. It then switches me to D3D 9 in window mode. I am attaching the debug files and the AmigaOS startup sequence.
Attached Files
File Type: zip AmigaStartup.zip (1.7 KB, 24 views)
File Type: zip winuae_debug_5.1.0.zip (49.9 KB, 26 views)
Old 23 October 2023, 20:04   #100
Toni Wilen
WinUAE developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rotareneg View Post
I just tried the OSK and it is technically transparent, but so dark it might as well just be black. Attached is the log, just in case there's anything relevant there. Also, every time I open WinUAE now the GUI always resizes to fill the screen. Solved that last one, Fullscreen GUI was enabled on the Host/Miscellaneous page.
Aahh... I had D3D11 HDR mode enabled which affects transparency hugely.. Fixed in next beta.

Quote:
Yes, the same situation is in windowed and full window mode. I noticed that windowed mode can only be rendered by D3D9.

In full screen mode everything is OK. But sometimes I can't switch to full screen using D3D 11. It then switches me to D3D 9 in window mode. I am attaching the debug files and the AmigaOS startup sequence.
It switches because you have always on top ticked, as I said above. Switch it off, then D3D11 should work in windowed mode. (attach log using windowed d3d11 mode, thanks)