English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > abime.net - Hosted Projects > project.aGTW

Old 13 August 2010, 18:51   #381
Djay
95th User

no more disks... means they wont release it.. (at least in a real form)
http://eab.abime.net/showthread.php?t=54469
Old 06 October 2010, 21:11   #382
amigageek

I want my Putty Squad for A1200 AGA :-((

We need someone who is eloquent from the UK who can talk System 3 into releasing it. Why not phone them?

Old 06 October 2010, 21:18   #383
viddi

Thread closed.

Old 18 November 2010, 20:49   #384
Merlin
AmiBay MegaMod

Just for sh!ts and giggles, I decided to use the "Contact Us" button yesterday and sent this to System 3.....

Regarding the old chestnut Putty Squad for the Amiga. Do you realise that you have wound up the Amiga community, by posting comments like the original game scores posted by three Amiga magazines, which is somewhat ironic, since the game was never released and by some reports, never completed for the Amiga... We would be interested in your comments about this. We would enjoy it, if we had actually had the chance to play it originally.

Here's what I got back as a reply from Chandra (chandra @ system3.com)......

Hi there. Thanks for your email.
I'm not really sure I understand why the Amiga community is wound up.

A long time ago we made a game. It was finished. It went out for review.
It was reviewed.
The Amiga market was rapidly dying but nobody could predict that it would disappear so quickly.
We didn't release it because it would've been commercial suicide. The market changed. That's not our fault; we simply have to react to it.

Now we're re-releasing it for viable platforms in an enhanced fashion.
It's the same core game so naturally it's relevant to use game critics'
scores to promote it. Their reviews are as relevant now as they were then.

I really don't understand why it would be such as big deal for Amiga owners to spend a few pennies on an iPhone/iPad/iPod Touch/PSP/PS3 version of the game.
The reality is that things move on and this what we're doing now.

It's entirely possible that one day we'll release the code for Amiga owners but right now our priority lies with finishing the HD version of the game.

Best wishes,

Chandra

I think that maybe the Amiga community maybe needs to enlighten Chandra as to why the Amiga community feels that they were so totally shafted by System 3 and that her comment that "It was finished" might irk us all somewhat. Her dismissive tone isn't great either and she also needs to know that they are rubbing salt in the wounds by posting the original review scores from the Amiga version.......we also have perfectly good Amigas to play it on, thanks....

I hope that she has flame-proof underwear on......

Last edited by Merlin; 18 November 2010 at 21:03.
Old 18 November 2010, 20:54   #385
Merlin
AmiBay MegaMod

Quote:
Originally Posted by amigageek View Post
I want my Putty Squad for A1200 AGA :-((

We need someone who is eloquent from the UK who can talk System 3 into releasing it. Why not phone them?
I contacted them and I thought that I was quite eloquent....... *whistles*
Old 18 November 2010, 21:30   #386
Predseda
Puttymoon inhabitant

Send a message via ICQ to Predseda
OMG, that really hurts!
Old 18 November 2010, 21:31   #387
dlfrsilver
CaptainM68K-SPS France

Send a message via MSN to dlfrsilver
Quote:
Hi there. Thanks for your email. I'm not really sure I understand why the Amiga community is wound up.

Translation = WE at system 3 have been WOUNDED due to the amiga market dying so abruptly We don't get a fuck about your attitude !

Quote:
A long time ago we made a game. It was finished. It went out for review. it was reviewed. The Amiga market was rapidly dying but nobody could predict that it would disappear so quickly. We didn't release it because it would've been commercial suicide. The market changed. That's not our fault; we simply have to react to it.
Translation = we made it to sell and have not been able to, so fuck off with your 'i want it free since it's dead now attitude'.

Quote:
Now we're re-releasing it for viable platforms in an enhanced fashion. It's the same core game so naturally it's relevant to use game critics' scores to promote it. Their reviews are as relevant now as they were then.
Translation = WE STILL WANT TO MAKE MONEY !!!! Open your ears up when i say that !

Quote:
I really don't understand why it would be such as big deal for Amiga owners to spend a few pennies on an iPhone/iPad/iPod Touch/PSP/PS3 version of the game. The reality is that things move on and this what we're doing now.
Translation = If you want it, open your wallet buggers, and PAY !

Quote:
It's entirely possible that one day we'll release the code for Amiga owners but right now our priority lies with finishing the HD version of the game.
Translation = MONEY MONEY MONEY MONEY first (because it's the rich men's world ) And everything else after !

Quote:
Best wishes,

Chandra
Yes Chandra, please go die in hell and all that comes with you !

In fact, those people are reffering not to a platform where a program is running, but the program in itself as intellectual property !

this means that for them it doesn't mind that the original ran on a A1200, it's just the fact that giving it for free would harm the money they want to suck from us on new hardware, that we don't care of !

Reactions guys ?
Old 18 November 2010, 21:35   #388
Predseda
Puttymoon inhabitant

Quote:
Originally Posted by dlfrsilver View Post

Reactions guys ?
It has no solution, I give up
Old 18 November 2010, 21:52   #389
TCD
HOL/FTP busy bee

[ Show youtube player ]
Old 18 November 2010, 21:54   #390
Fabie
Banned

the only putty squad done was the snes version and will be the only one
that promises about the game on ipad ipid ipod iped ipud psx3 psx4 are pure fantasy
they will not realize anything...because nobody will code and finish the game
The pc version never was done because was not completed,idem for the amiga version and the megadrive version,the psx2 version was another cheat
anyways
that chandra must be a robot or a pig-fat woman no dude
Old 18 November 2010, 21:56   #391
Mad-Matt
Longplayer

Send a message via ICQ to Mad-Matt Send a message via MSN to Mad-Matt
For moneys sakes, they could just put the disk images up in there store. I hope system3 havent got the impression there gonna be hounded by amiga owners until its given away for free ! The games complete after all, making no money sat in a drawer.
Old 18 November 2010, 22:01   #392
cosmicfrog
The 1 who ribbits

Send a message via MSN to cosmicfrog
well I email`d them
when I get I reply can I use your translation dlfrsilver in my next email plz
Old 18 November 2010, 22:37   #393
dlfrsilver
CaptainM68K-SPS France

Send a message via MSN to dlfrsilver
Well if you use my sentences, be sure that she won't answer back, or she will tell you what you don't want to hear.

I would not do that, it wouldn't be productive i'm afraid.

But do as you like
Old 18 November 2010, 23:06   #394
Merlin
AmiBay MegaMod

The bit that she really doesn't get (and should, if she took her "Tarquin & Jemima" marketing head off for a moment and actually thought about it) is that it is probably down to the Amiga community wanting it for so long and creating the need, that they ARE releasing it.... what other communities have been looking for a working version of this game for so long?
Old 18 November 2010, 23:20   #395
wilshy

They run a business, as such need to make money. Get over it.

Quote:
probably down to the Amiga community wanting it for so long and creating the need, that they ARE releasing it
Do you honestly believe there are that many current Amiga users to have created that need in the present day? Have a reality check please. What is more likely, and makes far more business sense to System 3, is that many old players of the original Putty games that were released plus the small minority like us who knew about the demo of Putty Squad and still play games will have gone on to buy the newer platforms and would quite like to have it for them therefore System 3 know there's a demand because of that and because of the current trend for rehashing old games into "HD" format. Seriously not to do with the current Amiga community, which let's face it is pretty small in the grand scheme.

I'll get it on one of the new formats and enjoy it for the game it was and now is. Yes it would've been nice to have it on the Amiga and yes I preach from the same sheet of still wanting it but just because we all have massive passion for a dead format doesn't mean a company, with shareholders to keep happy, also does.

The very fact they are still considering releasing it is quite something I think.
Old 18 November 2010, 23:29   #396
Bamiga2002
BlizzardPPC'less

Send a message via MSN to Bamiga2002
F**k minority, all hail majority !
Old 18 November 2010, 23:41   #397
cosmicfrog
The 1 who ribbits

Send a message via MSN to cosmicfrog
exactly why releasing it would give them nothing but good publicity
Old 19 November 2010, 06:49   #398
Adropac2
Zone Friend

Hmm it's not like releasing it to the Amiga community would hurt any sales on another format.Most people can't be arsed with emulators and wouldn't even dream of getting their Amiga back so any potential sales to other formats wont suffer

I think their line should be that they definitely will release it at some stage but not until they have made some money from it on these other formats.I loved the demo and would love the game but is it really likely this game would sell a lot anyway- i don't honestly think it would

To not release it ever for a devoted Amiga fanbase - for a fiver or even a little more say - would be to surely expect bad karma on themselves.It would be after all a nice thing to do and as money is of priority - fair enough - let us buy the damn thing

It's all a right load bollacks really isn't it

Last edited by Adropac2; 19 November 2010 at 08:07.
Old 19 November 2010, 07:24   #399
Bamiga2002
BlizzardPPC'less

Send a message via MSN to Bamiga2002
Sent a message to them myself also. It would add as a nice present from them among all other things that are bound to happen in the near future .
Old 19 November 2010, 08:27   #400
Predseda
Puttymoon inhabitant

No way to buy a new HW for an old game. But I would buy a new old game for my old HW.