English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Support > support.WinUAE

Old 11 November 2012, 00:12   #1
Ed Cruse

RTG Question and Maybe Problem

The question. I noticed that when using aspect-ratio setting in RTG that it works differently then when using aspect-ratio with Amiga screens. With Amiga screens the setting is the aspect-ratio of the monitor being used, in RTG it's the aspect-ratio of how you want it to be displayed. Is this the way it's supposed to be? It seems like RTG should work the same way as Amiga screens.

Possible problem. When I set the aspect-ratio for RTG it won't save. I'm letting Winuae scale my RTG setting up to Windows setting, this causes the AUTO aspect-ratio to be used (the default), DISABLE is what I want, but I can't save it, or any other aspect-ratio setting.
Attached Files
File Type: zip Config.zip (4.6 KB, 135 views)
Old 11 November 2012, 08:57   #2
Toni Wilen
WinUAE developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ed Cruse View Post
The question. I noticed that when using aspect-ratio setting in RTG that it works differently then when using aspect-ratio with Amiga screens. With Amiga screens the setting is the aspect-ratio of the monitor being used, in RTG it's the aspect-ratio of how you want it to be displayed. Is this the way it's supposed to be? It seems like RTG should work the same way as Amiga screens.
I think the reason was: Amiga chipset screens work differently because they are guaranteed to be designed for 4:3 displays.

RTG can be different.

Quote:
Possible problem. When I set the aspect-ratio for RTG it won't save. I'm letting Winuae scale my RTG setting up to Windows setting, this causes the AUTO aspect-ratio to be used (the default), DISABLE is what I want, but I can't save it, or any other aspect-ratio setting.
Config entry was loaded to wrong variable, filter panel aspect, not rtg..
Old 11 November 2012, 16:44   #3
Ed Cruse

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toni Wilen View Post
I think the reason was: Amiga chipset screens work differently because they are guaranteed to be designed for 4:3 displays.

RTG can be different.

Config entry was loaded to wrong variable, filter panel aspect, not rtg..

I was kind of thinking that RTG was treated different for a reason, but I did notice that when RTG aspect was set to AUTO it did seem to work the same as Amiga screens (4:3). I get black bars at the top and bottom of my 5:4 monitor and an actual round circle appears round. It's only when using the manual settings that the displayed screen has the aspect-ratio of the setting. If that was deliberate then I think that's a good idea. It almost seems like you ought to do the same thing on the Amiga screens, if for nothing else but to reduce confusion. This would also allow us to have it both ways.

Thank you for fix, I assume it will be in next beta.