English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Support > support.WinUAE

Old 04 March 2011, 14:41   #1
capehorn

UAE vs UAC!

This is much more of a Vista question than a UAE question but as it is affecting UAE more than any other program I though I could post it here.

I had a bit of a security scare on my PC so I downgraded my account to a user rather than an administrator and turned on UAC, as is recommended for safety. Since doing this, I have been unable to save screenshots or savestates onto my C drive using WinUAE. I don't get any error messages when I try, the screenshots and savestates simply do not appear. I am guessing that the UAC is responsible for this? Is there a way I can make some kind of exception to allow UAE to do this, or will I have to save these things to a different drive?
Old 04 March 2011, 14:46   #2
Abaddon

I'm not sure about Vista, but Win 7 you can just right click on the icon and select run as administrator.
Old 04 March 2011, 14:51   #3
TCD
HOL/FTP busy bee

Quote:
Originally Posted by capehorn View Post
Is there a way I can make some kind of exception to allow UAE to do this, or will I have to save these things to a different drive?
Just set your paths for storing stuff outside of 'C:\Program Files' (don't install WinUAE there to begin with).