English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Support > support.Apps

Old 08 November 2021, 08:42   #1
Lisko

ScummVM AGA unable to add games

Hi I have an Amiga 1200 with a blizzard 030 mk.Iv and 128mb of ram on AmigaOS 3.2 and pfs3aio FS. I have a problem with scummvm aga: version 1.5 crashes as soon as I click on add game while version 2.0 apart from being a lot more sluggish it lets me select a game folder but when confirming it says that wasn't able to find any game. I tried with indy and the fate of atlantis msdos version and nippon safe inc amiga version. I have checked the game files and they are good. Someone can enlight me? Thanks
Old 22 December 2021, 02:17   #2
NovaCoder

Sounds like a 3.2 bug to me, scummvm v1.5 (one of my ports) works fine for adding games.
Old 21 January 2022, 14:32   #3
kiFla

Same configuration, same AmigaOS 3.2 and pfs3aio FS.
I have exactly the same problem.
Old 01 November 2022, 20:04   #4
vulture

Well, same here, tried on 3.1 and 3.9. Version 1.5 crashes after pressing add game on my Blizzard MK3/64mb
Old 01 November 2022, 21:16   #5
vulture

Ok, replying to myself. I think I've found what the problem is, for some reason it dislikes my sfs and, from what Lisko and kiFla said, pfs2aio as well. Works fine from ffs tho.
Dunno if NovaCoder has any desire to go back and fix this, but, at least, there is a way to make it work.

edit:

If you have no way of adding a new ffs partition to your amiga, you can add your games on WinUAE, copy ScummVM.ini back to your miggy overwriting the existing one, adjust the paths in said .ini file and everything works just fine. The only problem is if you press the "Add Games" button, so don't do that if you're not on FFS.

Last edited by vulture; 01 November 2022 at 22:09.
Old 02 November 2022, 01:59   #6
NovaCoder

Quote:
Originally Posted by vulture View Post
Ok, replying to myself. I think I've found what the problem is, for some reason it dislikes my sfs and, from what Lisko and kiFla said, pfs2aio as well. Works fine from ffs tho.
Dunno if NovaCoder has any desire to go back and fix this, but, at least, there is a way to make it work.

edit:

If you have no way of adding a new ffs partition to your amiga, you can add your games on WinUAE, copy ScummVM.ini back to your miggy overwriting the existing one, adjust the paths in said .ini file and everything works just fine. The only problem is if you press the "Add Games" button, so don't do that if you're not on FFS.
This is interesting.

So the bug is only with adding games through the ScummVM launcher and it works if you manually update the INI file?

You are talking about my old release? http://aminet.net/package/game/misc/ScummVM_AGA_030

I actually had an Amiga 1260 when I developed this port and it worked for me using PFS and OS 3.9, very strange why it doesn't work for you

Are you sure it's not an OS 3.2 related bug?

I don't even have a copy of that 1.5 source code these days so can't look at it, sorry.

Maybe someone else with an AGA 030 can test this?

Last edited by NovaCoder; 02 November 2022 at 05:21.
Old 02 November 2022, 08:20   #7
vulture

@NovaCoder

Yes, that's exactly right. I'm talking about v.1.5/030. It can't be related to 3.2 as the A1200 I tested it on has 3.1 roms and 2 boot partitions, one w 3.1 and another w 3.9BB2, both SFS and both failed.

So, just a random thought, you had PFS, but was it that particular version? I mean pfs3aio. Perhaps there are differences how they're handling some things? No idea, just a shot in the dark.

But that's moot since you no longer have the sources for 1.5.
Is there absolutely zero chance to compile 1.9 for 030?

In any case, thx a lot for your work NC!