English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Main > Amiga scene

Old 16 December 2017, 04:07   #41
saimon69
J.M.D - Bedroom Musician

John, i thnk would be a good idea to spread news in non-english speaker forums too; i could help with italian, anyone else with its language?
Old 16 December 2017, 09:18   #42
jurassicman

Quote:
Originally Posted by saimon69 View Post
John, i thnk would be a good idea to spread news in non-english speaker forums too; i could help with italian, anyone else with its language?
This is a great idea. This game is really good and I think that it deserves a wider appeal in the Amiga community.

Last edited by jurassicman; 16 December 2017 at 23:45.
Old 16 December 2017, 19:04   #43
indigolemon
Bit Copying Bard

Sorry, took me far to long to sort this out - order placed.
Old 17 December 2017, 00:32   #44
Tsak
Pixelglass/Reimagine

@indigolemon:

@saimon69 , @jurassicman: thank you. Everyone who has contacts to non-english speaking forums feel free to spread the news

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shatterhand View Post
I know it was a joke, but do people use any kind of copy protection on new games for Amiga ? Will Alarcity have one? :P
Naah, what's the point? With legends like Galahad active I'm not sure anyone would dare anyway
Old 18 December 2017, 11:19   #45
Tsak
Pixelglass/Reimagine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gzegzolka View Post
How about making enemy blob that will from time to time toss mines on ground? or when killed create small splat zone with some kind of effect on player like temporary slow down if You step into that spot?
We'll see, we've got quite a few ideas about extra enemies.
As for negative states, yes we've thought about this but it's a bit complicated.
Old 23 December 2017, 21:22   #46
Tsak
Pixelglass/Reimagine

Merry christmas to everyone!

Remember, we're still away from our goal, so please keep supporting this project!
Old 05 January 2018, 14:35   #47
Tsak
Pixelglass/Reimagine

Time for an update:

-Digital/Silver: 16
-Physical/Silver: 16
-Physical/Gold: 40

Total: 72
Old 05 January 2018, 15:07   #48
DamienD
Banned

I'm shocked; especially when you consider that viddi has over 200 pre-orders for a game that he's really only just started: HEROES OF GORLUTH - New Amiga Action RPG platformer

Maybe the type of game isn't popular with the masses?
Old 05 January 2018, 15:16   #49
Lord Aga
MI clan prevails

It will get better. People are broke during holiday season
Old 14 May 2018, 21:32   #50
jurassicman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tsak View Post
Time for an update:

-Digital/Silver: 16
-Physical/Silver: 16
-Physical/Gold: 40

Total: 72
This game rocks!
How are the sales going? It would deserve a great success!
Old 15 May 2018, 00:13   #51
Tsak
Pixelglass/Reimagine

Thanks a lot!

We're at 84 total currently and it's been like this for months now... I'd say that the overal presales campaign was a failure unfortunately (given the target was for at least 200)
Old 15 May 2018, 09:42   #52
Amigajay

Quote:
Thanks a lot!

We're at 84 total currently and it's been like this for months now... I'd say that the overal presales campaign was a failure unfortunately (given the target was for at least 200)
As I’ve previously said dont get disheartened, as any amiga project it should be made for love and passion of the machine as something you wanted to do, going in on any game trying to make profit isnt the right thing to do.

That said, alot of people like myself are old fashioned, why pre-order something thats not out yet unless it was a limited edition? no reason imo, i may buy when its released, depending on if a mission type game mode is added something not confirmed yet, and we don't know roughly when its coming out, as it was due out end of 2017 originally.

Last thing is Amiga market size and price, i think even budget games like Tanks Furry hit 300-400 copies, a full price title like yours may get 200 who knows? So pre orders arent far off half way guesstimates.

Not having a go, dont read this the wrong way, just trying to help you understand their are lots of factors why people arent pre ordering.
Old 15 May 2018, 10:19   #53
spudje

On the other hand, as a "pre-orderer", even before this campaign, the extreme long wait (plus the fact that the shop also holds back the rest of the items I bought with the same order) does not motivate me at all to pre-order any other Amiga game in the future...
Old 15 May 2018, 22:22   #54
Tsak
Pixelglass/Reimagine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amigajay View Post
As I’ve previously said dont get disheartened, as any amiga project it should be made for love and passion of the machine as something you wanted to do, going in on any game trying to make profit isnt the right thing to do.
Thanks!
Well, if it wasn't for the love of the machine, we certainly wouldn't be here! I know pretty well that from a financial standpoint, making games for Amiga and for such an undeveloped market isn't exactly canon. Ideally we'd much prefer if we could strike some balance between our passion and real life commitments (like feeding your family) cause working on projects like Alarcity is almost like a real, fulltime job. So, the goal here isn't to make a profit, but to achieve sustainability. Which in turn is the way forward for the future development of the platform and community itself. Hopefully we haven't lost faith yet

Quote:
That said, alot of people like myself are old fashioned, why pre-order something thats not out yet unless it was a limited edition? no reason imo, i may buy when its released, depending on if a mission type game mode is added something not confirmed yet, and we don't know roughly when its coming out, as it was due out end of 2017 originally.
Understood. We're also still learning how to do this, what works and what not and there are several roadblocks along the way we have to overcome. That's also one of the main reasons I'm taking a whole different approach with Worthy.

Quote:
Last thing is Amiga market size and price, i think even budget games like Tanks Furry hit 300-400 copies, a full price title like yours may get 200 who knows? So pre orders arent far off half way guesstimates.
I don't know. Sure the Amiga market is small, but as mentioned already there are other Amiga projects (like Amixorx's TOG games) that did managed to get 200+ presales. That's a great success there -if you ask me- that proves a thing or two.

Quote:
Not having a go, dont read this the wrong way, just trying to help you understand their are lots of factors why people arent pre ordering.
No worries mate, happy to hear your opinion.

Quote:
On the other hand, as a "pre-orderer", even before this campaign, the extreme long wait (plus the fact that the shop also holds back the rest of the items I bought with the same order) does not motivate me at all to pre-order any other Amiga game in the future...
Sorry to hear that
Please contact and ask for the delivery of your products as soon as possible. Think this might be an oversight from the shop's part.
Old 16 May 2018, 07:46   #55
spudje

OK, thanks, I will do that, after the long weekend.
Old 16 May 2018, 09:58   #56
Reido

Quote:
Thanks a lot!

I don't understand the low pre-sales figures either, especially for such a professional, commercial quality game (my opinion having played the demo). However, I've no doubt that sales will rocket once the game comes out, keep up the great work!
Old 16 May 2018, 12:03   #57
Lord Aga
MI clan prevails

I feel the same way Once it's out and the reviews start pouring in more people will buy it. Although I did preorder it, I understand that people in Amiga land are a bit skeptical when it comes to forking out money in advance
Old 24 May 2018, 19:16   #58
funK

I've just received the following status update from Amiga.net.pl:

Quote:
Originally Posted by amiga.net.pl
Work on AlarCity is still on-going. The release date is closer now, but we want the finished product to be as good as possible! The authors of the game are continuously working on the project and they plan to release an update soon, showcasing progress so far. Despite the delay we'd like to reassure you that the game will indeed be released and in your hands as soon as possible!
Look forward to both, bring 'em on!

Quote:
Originally Posted by amiga.net.pl
In the mean time (and as a minor compensation for your patience) all backers of AlarCity will receive a special discount coupon to be used on the AMIGA.net.pl website.
Pretty awesome of them, I say!
Old 24 May 2018, 19:24   #59
Amiga1992

How did you receive such update? I haven't received any, and I am wondering if I am not on their update list or if I am filtering their mail to spam, although I Searched, and found nothing.
Old 24 May 2018, 22:23   #60
Predseda
Puttymoon inhabitant

Send a message via ICQ to Predseda
I also received that email.