English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > News

Old 30 August 2019, 23:41   #61
mcgeezer

Quote:
Originally Posted by malko View Post
+1 even if several games have been out or announced recently to make us excited (I won't name all of them as, for sure, I will forgot one or two and disappoint someone ).
'Metro Siege' has the privilege to be the beat'em up (brawler) game that was missing on the Amiga ! And, cherry on the cake, it's an original one !!!

Edit :

Don't be touchy, guys . But your comments confirm what I was saying : "[...] several games have been out or announced recently to make us excited [...]".
Thumbs up for all of you (maybe once I will be on the list ).
First off I'm not touchy... don't tell me I'm touchy because that just pisses me off. Someone writes a comment, I'll react how I want.

Quote:
Originally Posted by trydowave View Post
i
i dunno... i saw the game running on a real amiga and amigabill said the controls are really tight. it also looks like a real console game. Its OCS!

Cult leader is a bit much isnt it? I know this is EAB and all but cant some of us get excited and hopeful about these developments?

Hes a passionate guy and has put some amazing work out there. (unless i dreamt amigabills stream?). The other games were pretty astounding too with the transparencies and parallax etc.

if im gushing abit its because someone hes made, whats looks like, a scrolling beatem up that isnt a steaming pile of crap. Something the other coders ive asked dont usually want to touch on the amiga or the c64, either because they don't like the genre or that its too much of a challenge.
You gush away sunshine, knock yourself out.

Now... onto the game...and the stream

The game looks good, very good, I'm not a fan of the genre though. There were a few statements made in the stream yesterday from Mike that I thought were pretty good and some that I thought were dream land, but I'm not going to lay them out here and now... the game needs to be completed first so it's best we let them get on with it and keep the excitement bubbling.

The most exciting thing I find about it is that it looks like we have some nice healthy proper game making competition in the scene which can only be good for the Amiga and the community.
Old 30 August 2019, 23:43   #62
alpine9000

Btw here is a little video showing me testing network play between an Amiga (with ACA500plus and an X-Surf-500) and a Mac running the Mac version of Metro Siege.

[ Show youtube player ]
Old 31 August 2019, 00:16   #63
malko
Ex nihilo nihil

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcgeezer View Post
First off I'm not touchy... don't tell me I'm touchy because that just pisses me off. Someone writes a comment, I'll react how I want. [...]
Glad to see you put your coat back in the cupboard.

Quote:
[...] The most exciting thing I find about it is that it looks like we have some nice healthy proper game making competition in the scene which can only be good for the Amiga and the community.
+1
Old 31 August 2019, 00:26   #64
vulture

@alpine9000

very very nice!
Old 31 August 2019, 01:06   #65
trydowave

Quote:
Originally Posted by alpine9000 View Post
Btw here is a little video showing me testing network play between an Amiga (with ACA500plus and an X-Surf-500) and a Mac running the Mac version of Metro Siege.

[ Show youtube player ]
very cool
Old 31 August 2019, 02:49   #66
lmimmfn

Quote:
I'm pleased I'm not the only one who raised an eyebrow to that comment as well.

I'll get my coat.
The comment has changed but pixel art wise it is really really good.
Old 31 August 2019, 02:51   #67
Tsak
Pixelglass/Reimagine

Quote:
The most exciting thing I find about it is that it looks like we have some nice healthy proper game making competition in the scene which can only be good for the Amiga and the community.
I agree. Every Amiga game made and the better it is, automatically raises the stakes for everyone, the developers and the scene itself.
I should add thought that for me it's more than just competition. It's a partnership. And I guess that's also one of the core messages Mike wanted to put out there.
Old 31 August 2019, 02:54   #68
Muzkat
Into the Wonderful

This is the game the Amiga needed in the 90s to remain competitive with the SNES and the Megadrive.

I was always so disappointed that Amiga brawlers were for the most part mediocre back in the day. We all knew the Miggy had the power to run one well should the right people put their heads to it.

As a lover of scrolling beat em ups, I cannot describe how excited I am for this release! It looks amazing - keep up the great work!
Old 31 August 2019, 08:31   #69
Tigerskunk
Inviyya Dude!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tsak View Post
I agree. Every Amiga game made and the better it is, automatically raises the stakes for everyone, the developers and the scene itself.
I should add thought that for me it's more than just competition. It's a partnership. And I guess that's also one of the core messages Mike wanted to put out there.
I don't have a problem with people getting great games out. I cheer every effort of people creating games for the Amiga.

I just cannot wrap my head around this whole "marketing ploy" you did over the last few days. Felt extremely insincere to me.

Just my opinion, YMMV.
Old 31 August 2019, 10:44   #70
mcgeezer

Quote:
Yep, i can only agree.

I have absolutely loved working with other people in the scene, i’ve really enjoyed the project management side of it as well and learned a massive amount in physics / game design.

Good things are ahead for the Amiga.
Old 31 August 2019, 14:51   #71
Tsak
Pixelglass/Reimagine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steril707 View Post
I don't have a problem with people getting great games out. I cheer every effort of people creating games for the Amiga.

I just cannot wrap my head around this whole "marketing ploy" you did over the last few days. Felt extremely insincere to me.

Just my opinion, YMMV.
what marketing ploy are you reffering to? Are you talking about the video leak? Cause -believe me- that was NOT intentional. If you don't take my word on it ask McGeezer, or D4rk3lf. I was ready to contact Retro-Nerd also (once he posted the video here) but it was clear that the issue was really getting out of hand with multiple people posting it on facebook and other sites as well. So we had to take desicive action and take completely offline the page and the video that the leak originated from.

As I said before I cannot blame anyone other than our own negligence but I'd like to make absolutely clear that this was not intended nor part of any plan.

Last edited by Tsak; 31 August 2019 at 15:00.
Old 31 August 2019, 15:05   #72
invent
pixels

I’m super excited about the games shown, such an enjoyable stream, I hope the developers post more insights to share such as the copper tricks.
Old 31 August 2019, 15:11   #73
dlfrsilver
CaptainM68K-SPS France

Send a message via MSN to dlfrsilver
yes, the graphics are absolutely excellent.
Old 31 August 2019, 15:12   #74
d4rk3lf

Quote:
If you don't take my word on it ask McGeezer, or D4rk3lf.
It's true.
In the first hours of the thread, I saw it, and I saw people are talking about some trailer video. I googled it out really quick, and never noticed that the video was "unlisted", and I posted the link here (sorry guys from Pixelglass).
After I received a pm from Tsak to edit my post, and remove the link, I did that right away.

I don't\t think it was a marketing, but it was really leaked (the uploader thought that unlisted video is enough to be hidden), but even it is marketing, what's so wrong about it? For me, it would still be totally legit.

Anyway, the trailer is out now, and I don't see point discussing this further.

I'd rather know approximate date of release.
Old 31 August 2019, 15:30   #75
d4rk3lf

Quote:
Originally Posted by malko View Post
I am going against the wave with this, but I do like the fact that there is a locked character.
...aaaand... +1

I really like when game rewards me, after finishing it, and I hope there will also be some outro animation, or several images.

But yeah, for those who are inpatient to play with third character, they can just make him unlocked when you type: I am too weak to finish this.
Old 31 August 2019, 16:09   #76
Tigerskunk
Inviyya Dude!

I am talking about that whole presentation on Amiga Bills stream.
Old 31 August 2019, 16:59   #77
trydowave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steril707 View Post
I am talking about that whole presentation on Amiga Bills stream.
can you be more specific?

P.s. I didnt see any marketing ploy myself, just some people getting hyped for their game and for the future of the Amiga community in general.
Old 31 August 2019, 17:19   #78
lilalurl
Global Moderator

Send a message via ICQ to lilalurl
Quote:
Originally Posted by trydowave View Post
can you be more specific?

P.s. I didnt see any marketing ploy myself, just some people getting hyped for their game and for the future of the Amiga community in general.
I think I see what Steril707 is saying.

It is true that the whole "Tune in on the stream for an exclusive look at the game etc...." looked a bit like what big/AAA companies do with stuff like "big reveal about our new game during this year's E3, youtubers X and Y will be on stage with our CEO ..."

Anyway, like it or not, the game previews are out now and it seems the game is gathering enthusiasm from people. So I guess the results are there.
Old 31 August 2019, 17:36   #79
trydowave

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilalurl View Post
I think I see what Steril707 is saying.

It is true that the whole "Tune in on the stream for an exclusive look at the game etc...." looked a bit like what big/AAA companies do with stuff like "big reveal about our new game during this year's E3, youtubers X and Y will be on stage with our CEO ..."

Anyway, like it or not, the game previews are out now and it seems the game is gathering enthusiasm from people. So I guess the results are there.
i get that. Or like when modern games are hyped and by the gaming press; then it gets released and it ends up being rubbish.

That alien game from sega a few years ago springs to mind Colonial Marines I think but im not sure?

i just cant see the point in doing something similar with the amiga, an obsolete 30 year old piece of hardware.

Im not a marketing guy but there's gotta be better ways of making money .

Last edited by trydowave; 31 August 2019 at 17:44.
Old 31 August 2019, 18:43   #80
trixster
Guru Meditating

Oh great. Here's news of an awesome looking new game for the Amiga, and there are people on an EAB thread already getting salty about stuff. Unreal.