English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Support > support.Other

Old 19 August 2021, 14:50   #1001
AMIGASYSTEM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OldAmigan View Post
I guess this has probably been asked - and I have looked - does AKReal work with OS3.1.4 or 3.2?
AKReal is based on OS 3.9 BB2 and cannot be mixed with 3.1.4 or 3.2.

In my opinion the best choice is to build an AKreal from a clean OS 3.1.4 or 3.2 without installing OS 3.9 BB2.
Old 20 August 2021, 13:06   #1002
PeterK

No Carlo, Retrofan has already managed to update AKReal with OS 3.2 and in general it works. Only the new intuition.library has a semaphore deadlock problem in his very special AKReal environment, but with v45.13 from 3.1.4.1 there are no such issues.

Ok, I don't want to recommend to update it with 3.1.4 or 3.2, because AKReal has lots of patches installed over 3.9 BB2, and that can easily cause conflicts with newer versions of the OS, but it seems to be possible, ask Retrofan for details.

Never use the installer to update an old system like this !
Old 20 August 2021, 13:21   #1003
AMIGASYSTEM

Peter I did some tests and mixing OS3.9 and OS3.2 always leads to incompatibilities OS3.9 can not use applications that make use many of the new libraries OS3.2, if you change libraries, those of OS 3.2 do not work, try to believe.

I install everything manually and check everything !

Last edited by AMIGASYSTEM; 20 August 2021 at 14:25.
Old 20 August 2021, 21:27   #1004
Retrofan
Ruler of the Universe

Yeah, installing both together will make some program to stop working (I think that I found another thing that wasn't working). If it isn't any so important (or maybe you don't use any of those programs/options), you can have both together, but of course they aren't thought to work together.

Edit: Well, it seems to work perfectly well now in AGA and I've got fixed the problems I found.

Last edited by Retrofan; 02 September 2021 at 02:16.
Old 30 August 2021, 01:05   #1005
Retrofan
Ruler of the Universe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Retrofan View Post
Yeah, installing both together will make some program to stop working (I think that I found another thing that wasn't working). If it isn't any so important (or maybe you don't use any of those programs/options), you can have both together, but of course they aren't thought to work together.
Well, just to say that everything seems to be working now (well, i have to take a look about the "Retro Switch" option that doesn't work on OS3.9BB2+OS3.2, but the scenario has changed a lot).
Edit: The "Retro Swich" works just changing the "Startup-Sequence.retro" and having in Libs your icon.library v47.4 from OS 3.2 renamed as icon.library.bak

There have been a couple of updates by my complains that do work now on this system: LittleClock and also WBDock2 by Thomas Rapp. Many thanks, master

There was another problem using AKREal with OS3.9BB2 plus OS3.2 while using MorpheuZ. If you wanted to see the preview images of some of the options, they didn't work.
As Thomas has told me, it was just because of my incorrect use of the Env variables. Changing them, now MorpheuZ works right on this new OS3.9+OS3.2 System.
To clarify:
I was using for example:
requestchoice >env:varname ...
When I had to use:
setenv varname `requestchoice ...`
These sentences were working while using OS3.1 but they don't work anymore with OS 3.2
Just my bad of course. I'm here to ask and learn, not so much to explain

Whenever I release my update, it will be updated as much as possible to be able to include an OS3.2 update. Well, you'll have other icons and so, but that's what I would like to offer. So I think that I'll add another "Startup-Sequence" that works adding OS3.2 if you want to try it, just in that case.

These are just my thoughts by now.

Last edited by Retrofan; 02 September 2021 at 02:23.
Old 12 February 2022, 10:46   #1006
Mark sealey

AKreal8 and P96

Hi all.....me being me im setting up a SD card/s to show off at our local Amiga Club.....3.14...3.2...3.9 Coffin....3.9 Caffine.....3.9 AKreal8....on The AKreal build i cant seem to get P96 to work....the P96 prefs programe does not load ao i can "attatch" the card. (pistorm/Emu68)

and hints and tips....?
Old 12 February 2022, 11:49   #1007
AMIGASYSTEM

If you are using WinUAE and the UAEGFX Video Card you don't need to configure Picasso96 prefs !
Old 12 February 2022, 12:24   #1008
Mark sealey

Quote:
Originally Posted by AMIGASYSTEM View Post
If you are using WinUAE and the UAEGFX Video Card you don't need to configure Picasso96 prefs !
Yeh....im running this build on my A500+ Pistorm.....Ive seen the UAE monitor driver...i could edit the tooltypes to used the Pistorm VC4 .card file?
Old 12 February 2022, 17:57   #1009
AMIGASYSTEM

I don't know Pistorm, but in this case you most likely need Picasso96Mode installed in Prefs to enable its Video Card if supported.

Try installing a Picasso IV Video Card, then edit the Monitor icon by inserting your Video Card in the Tooltypes, do this, restart the system and see if your Video Card is present in Picasso96Modefs.
Old 16 February 2022, 21:05   #1010
Mark sealey

Quote:
Originally Posted by AMIGASYSTEM View Post
I don't know Pistorm, but in this case you most likely need Picasso96Mode installed in Prefs to enable its Video Card if supported.

Try installing a Picasso IV Video Card, then edit the Monitor icon by inserting your Video Card in the Tooltypes, do this, restart the system and see if your Video Card is present in Picasso96Modefs.
Yeh installed p96 from icomp.....but the P96 prefs programe does not start up...SnoopDos apears to say that theres A cybergraphics emulation running
Old 16 February 2022, 21:38   #1011
Retrofan
Ruler of the Universe

You've got to disable CGXAga from the S-S. There is an icon that will make that in Tools, called "Disable CGX&Birdie".
BTW, maybe I'll find the time to "get back" to this anytime soon, but it depends on the results of some exams that I've done some days ago.
Old 16 February 2022, 22:34   #1012
Mark sealey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Retrofan View Post
You've got to disable CGXAga from the S-S. There is an icon that will make that in Tools, called "Disable CGX&Birdie".
BTW, maybe I'll find the time to "get back" to this anytime soon, but it depends on the results of some exams that I've done some days ago.
Awesome yep that worked Thank you
Old 17 February 2022, 01:11   #1013
Retrofan
Ruler of the Universe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark sealey View Post
Awesome yep that worked Thank you
Wonderful. I've got to update this distro. Some programs like AmiModRadio don't work since a long time ago, but they should with some corrections (I got it working since the last time I tried it with some changes and updates. Thanks to the Wonderful support of AmigaSystem, he told me about all of the changes needed (thanks mate).
Also, there are a lot of things that must be updated from time to time.
I updated a lot of things some months ago (I've got them all here in a folder), but ... I'm sorry, I didn't have the time to keep on with the update.
Maybe I'll have the time. I would love to have it. Fingers crossed. And I repeat that I'm very sorry and more than that; I'm frustrated not having the time to work on this wonderful distro. It has so many things to improve, so many improvements to show...
Old 25 March 2022, 03:45   #1014
tygre
Returning fan!

Hi RetroFan!

Very happy that you got AmiModRadio to work, and thanks to AmigaSystem

Let me know if I can help too!

Cheers!
Old 04 April 2022, 01:35   #1015
Retrofan
Ruler of the Universe

Quote:
Originally Posted by tygre View Post
Hi RetroFan!

Very happy that you got AmiModRadio to work, and thanks to AmigaSystem

Let me know if I can help too!

Cheers!
Thanks a lot. Yep, I've found some time again, so I'm trying some things and watching what's new too.
Your program works fine. This is a video I've just recorded for you . In this environment I'm also using OS3.2 with OS3.9 BB2. All working perfect as you can see.
Please excuse my poor quality videos:
[ Show youtube player ]
Old 13 April 2022, 21:28   #1016
EsseEmmeErre

Unhappy Wireless Compact Flash Card into AKReal

Lord Year 2022, April 13th, Wednesday

Hi people, I have a problem with my Compact Flash Wireless Card
Using the PrimsV2.2 device for the PCMCIA port.
In my private system it works fine, but in AKReal Genesis from
my original OS3.9 CD Genesis never opens its window reports me
a message that there is another TCP/IP stack is already present.
What is wrong?
What shall I do?
Thank you however and greetings from Milan, Italy!
Old 23 April 2022, 03:47   #1017
Retrofan
Ruler of the Universe

Hello EsseEmmeErre. I don't know, but just make a right click on screen, select "User menu" from the menu that opens and then "Ed User-Startup" (yep, it's that easy with DOpus with AKReal). Then check in your User-Startup and search for "Assign AmiTCP". Maybe you have more than just one assignment for that?. If that's so, try dissabling one, just writting a semicolon ( ; ) at the beginning of that line of commands.

Last edited by Retrofan; 23 April 2022 at 03:58.
Old 23 April 2022, 07:18   #1018
AMIGASYSTEM

Hi EsseEmmeErre, also check if you have two connection softwares one of which is already started from user-startup or WBstartup
Old 24 April 2022, 02:04   #1019
Retrofan
Ruler of the Universe

Hi bro, thanks for your answers, as always very helpfull.
Old 01 May 2022, 16:26   #1020
EsseEmmeErre

Lord Year 2022, May First, Sunday, Labor's day
Hi RetroFan, thank you for the reply.
Today or tomorrow I will try.