English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > News

Old 14 February 2007, 11:44   #1
Paul
RIP Friends

Breakpoint 2007 - 6th to the 9th of April 2007

The fith anniversary of the world's biggest pure demoscene event, Breakpoint 2007, will take place from the 6th to the 9th of April 2007 (Easter weekend).

1000 creative participants from more than 30 nations are expected to once again to gather in the beautiful town of Bingen am Rhein, Germany, enjoying 4 days of round-the-clock activity in arts, technology and international socializing.

The Motto this year is "demoscene through time and space" and will show the history and were the development will go.

For more information, see website: http://breakpoint.untergrund.net/

Source: www.amiganews.de/en
Old 14 February 2007, 12:30   #2
blade002
Zone Friend

Australia is a nice country to live in for myself, but i just couldnt be arsed being here anymore when i hear about things like this. We get NONE of that sort of thing here, and ive always dreamt of what it would be like to go to an event like this, or something like "Press Play on Tape".. etc..

I wish i had of been born in Europe, because ive always felt more drawn to european culture over my own. Is that a bad thing?
Old 14 February 2007, 18:36   #3
rsn8887

I agree. I actually think Germany is the demoscene and hacking and cracking and general computer geek heaven

But that might be biased, I am from Hannover, currently living in the US. I have to say from my experience, USA just don't have that kind of immense scene. Looking at the releases, cool utilities, cracks, and even those ingenious little windows programs, like dvd copying/drm hacking etc. - these programs are all European and many of them are German.... who cracked the dreamcast for example? Sure wasn't an American...

Even people here in US who think they are, like, the shisnitz computer geeks, really don't compare to even just typical German geeks A typical computer geek in Germany would be considered an absolute uber-geek in US! I mean most here don't even know what an Amiga or Amstrad CPC is It's like most grew up with Atari/NES and PC only. Or other techie stuff, even the most geeky people just don't know it here. They don't know a demoscene exists, there are basically no scene parties.... only thing here are those stupid gaming LAN parties. In addition, there's almost none of those "daily-prices" computer hardware shops that sell OEM hardware. Just Hannover alone has more than a dozen of those, tons of weird people in there all the time buying computer parts or comparing prices...

Last edited by rsn8887; 14 February 2007 at 18:46.
Old 14 February 2007, 21:51   #4
kriz

i hope to go!!
Old 14 February 2007, 22:08   #5
musashi5150
move.w #$4489,$dff07e

I've never been to an Amiga event. I'd like to try and make BigBash this year - can someone give the basic run down on what to expect?
Old 14 February 2007, 23:38   #6
kriz

Breakpoint is a demo party Party, music, computers, compos.. check out the web page hehe..
Old 15 February 2007, 07:15   #7
Jope
-

Finland has also traditionally been a strong demoscene country..

I'm going to breakpoint again this year, if anyone wants to meet and drink beer with me, that's where you can find me. :-D

Check slengpung if you don't know what I look like.
Old 15 February 2007, 07:55   #8
blade002
Zone Friend

Quote:
Originally Posted by rsn8887
I agree. I actually think Germany is the demoscene and hacking and cracking and general computer geek heaven

But that might be biased, I am from Hannover, currently living in the US. I have to say from my experience, USA just don't have that kind of immense scene. Looking at the releases, cool utilities, cracks, and even those ingenious little windows programs, like dvd copying/drm hacking etc. - these programs are all European and many of them are German.... who cracked the dreamcast for example? Sure wasn't an American...

Even people here in US who think they are, like, the shisnitz computer geeks, really don't compare to even just typical German geeks A typical computer geek in Germany would be considered an absolute uber-geek in US! I mean most here don't even know what an Amiga or Amstrad CPC is It's like most grew up with Atari/NES and PC only. Or other techie stuff, even the most geeky people just don't know it here. They don't know a demoscene exists, there are basically no scene parties.... only thing here are those stupid gaming LAN parties. In addition, there's almost none of those "daily-prices" computer hardware shops that sell OEM hardware. Just Hannover alone has more than a dozen of those, tons of weird people in there all the time buying computer parts or comparing prices...
I havent been to Germany, but given what ive seen from the German scene over the years, the quality of Amiga Software from Germans over the years, and the Demo Scene, they are the absolute masters!. I would give almost anything to be at Breakpoint this year ( i would give almost anything to see Bjork live as well, but thats another story ).

Your completely right with the American scene as well.. compared to the European scene, they just dont have ANY IDEA!!.. well maybe a select few, but on the whole. nada!!.
Old 15 February 2007, 07:56   #9
blade002
Zone Friend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jope
Finland has also traditionally been a strong demoscene country..

I'm going to breakpoint again this year, if anyone wants to meet and drink beer with me, that's where you can find me. :-D

Check slengpung if you don't know what I look like.
I wish