English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Other Projects > project.SPS (was CAPS)

Old 21 March 2021, 00:27   #21
dlfrsilver
CaptainM68K-SPS France

Send a message via MSN to dlfrsilver
Quote:
Originally Posted by BarryB View Post
Ok, thanks for the confirmation!

So, the next question is: should the bootblock on both disks be a standard 1.3 bootblock? We don't have any other original disk to compare but the cracked Australian version has a standard 1.3 bootblock so was that how the original disk was?
Good question i have no idea.
Old 22 March 2021, 00:21   #22
BarryB
Amigaholic

Well, if anyone reads this and has a copy of the UK release of World Series Cricket by Soundware, can you tell us what bootblocks are on each disk?
Old 26 March 2021, 17:07   #23
BarryB
Amigaholic

Well, after a bit of detective work (and with the help of a very kind lady at retro_pixelss for sending me her copies of Disk 1 and a single copy of Disk 2 for dumping) Denis has checked them all and concluded that all Disk 1's were copied on an Amiga with the ZeroVirus III bootblock and both Disk 2's (of which one is from a copy I bought from retro-pixelss) both were duplicated with the Lamer Exterminator virus on the bootblock! These disks were from the Soundware release distributed in Europe and other countries but not Australia as Pactronics released that version!

What a bizarre set of disks this turned out to be!! When made into ADF's, all Disk 1's have the same CRC32: 6E22C633 and the Disk 2 I sent to Denis from my bought copy was duplicated/unmodified and has the CRC32: AD52EAEE. The other Disk 2 had a file deleted so while it was duplicated it was modified!

Big thanks to Denis and retro_pixelss

So, HOWZAT
Old 29 March 2021, 13:44   #24
BarryB
Amigaholic

So, I've just obtained another boxed copy from another seller on eBay and that is IDENTICAL to all the copies retro_pixelss has, same CRC32 for both disks, Disk 1 = 6E22C633 (complete with ZeroVirus III on the bootblock!), Disk 2 = AD52EAEE (complete with Lamer Exterminator virus on the bootblock!)

When you view the streams of Disk 1 in HxC, you get this:

But Disk 2 streams show this:

Disk 1 shows it's been copied due to the randomness of the pattern, but Disk 2 clearly shows a nice uniform pattern and shows it's more than likely a duplicated disk as Denis has already confirmed!

So again, HOWZAT!