English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Main > Retrogaming General Discussion

Old 12 March 2010, 01:26   #21
ipod_sock
1st love = Psygnosis

Am I the only one who likes it? and EDGE? but your right about ACE, that mag was cool beans back in the day!

I remember they ran a kinda competition where you could write in and the best begging letter meant you got to hang out at a developers for a whole day, take part in meetings, watch them making a game and get some free shit... the one I won a place on was hmmmmm, a little known company called Gremlin Graphics??? I was chuffed to bits but it being on a school day and what with the strict folks... no go, was GUTTED!

Just think, might have been a day with Lotus 2!
Old 12 March 2010, 09:36   #22
TCD
HOL/FTP busy bee

Quote:
Originally Posted by ipod_sock View Post
Am I the only one who likes it?
Nope If you haven't yet, try the C64 version though
Old 12 March 2010, 10:16   #23
Paul_s

Never played the C64 version but the miggy version is awful. Playability = 0.
Old 12 March 2010, 10:16   #24
blade002
Zone Friend

Quote:
Originally Posted by ipod_sock View Post
Am I the only one who likes it? and EDGE? but your right about ACE, that mag was cool beans back in the day!

I remember they ran a kinda competition where you could write in and the best begging letter meant you got to hang out at a developers for a whole day, take part in meetings, watch them making a game and get some free shit... the one I won a place on was hmmmmm, a little known company called Gremlin Graphics??? I was chuffed to bits but it being on a school day and what with the strict folks... no go, was GUTTED!

Just think, might have been a day with Lotus 2!
OH NO!!!... you must be kidding me!??? I remember those competitions in ACE and i of course remember seeing the lucky winners in ENVY as they got their pictures published at a developers HQ

And YOU won but couldn't go!!!! ...arrghhhh, that would have absolutely sucked!!!! ACE has been by and far my FAVOURITE computer magazine ever! but at least you could enter mate! I was all the way over here in Australia and couldn't enter at all!!
Old 12 March 2010, 19:36   #25
Minuous
Coder/webmaster/gamer

I never saw what was meant to be so good about Super Mario Bros. Giana Sisters wipes the floor with it.

>"no delightful inertia"

What nonsense, of course there is inertia. Obviously these fools have never even played the damn thing. Probably they are upset that the publishers have not booked any advertising space in their worthless magazine.

Last edited by Minuous; 12 March 2010 at 19:42.
Old 12 March 2010, 19:41   #26
Retro1234
Phone Homer

Marvin's Marvellous Adventure is also a bit of a Mario copycat - What do others think of this game?
Old 13 March 2010, 02:41   #27
killergorilla
Lesser Talent

All I know is that Super Mario Bros is a superb game.
Old 13 March 2010, 03:04   #28
ipod_sock
1st love = Psygnosis

Quote:
Originally Posted by blade002 View Post
OH NO!!!... you must be kidding me!??? I remember those competitions in ACE and i of course remember seeing the lucky winners in ENVY as they got their pictures published at a developers HQ

And YOU won but couldn't go!!!! ...arrghhhh, that would have absolutely sucked!!!! ACE has been by and far my FAVOURITE computer magazine ever! but at least you could enter mate! I was all the way over here in Australia and couldn't enter at all!!
I know, I was gutted, I'm based in Liverpool too, basically a mere stones throw from Sheffield!