English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > News

Old 09 June 2018, 11:48   #1
amigakit.com

New Optical Mouse available at Amiga Kit Amiga Store

Amiga Kit Amiga Store is pleased to announce availability of the new stocks of Classic Amiga Optical Mouse for A1200, A500, A2000, A3000, A4000 and other classic Amiga systems.

We additionally we have newly added the USB/PS2 version for use with any USB or PS/2 equipped system such as A1-XE/SE, micro-A1, X1000, X5000, SAM 440ep, Sam 460ex, PC, Mac.

Amiga Kit Optical Mouse

Amiga Kit - the Amiga Store
Old 10 June 2018, 20:15   #2
Carlos Ace

Send a message via ICQ to Carlos Ace
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by amigakit.com View Post

Amiga Kit Amiga Store is pleased to announce availability of the new stocks of Classic Amiga Optical Mouse for A1200, A500, A2000, A3000, A4000 and other classic Amiga systems.

We additionally we have newly added the USB/PS2 version for use with any USB or PS/2 equipped system such as A1-XE/SE, micro-A1, X1000, X5000, SAM 440ep, Sam 460ex, PC, Mac.

Amiga Kit Optical Mouse

Amiga Kit - the Amiga Store
Old 10 June 2018, 21:02   #3
Predseda
Puttymoon inhabitant

Send a message via ICQ to Predseda
I like those mice (pictured), but what I see in Amigakit shop is a bit confusing for me. There are two various models in product page

http://amigakit.amiga.store/product_...mn0embh3i1s632

And I like the left one, while I dislike the right one. What do I get when I order the mouse?
Old 10 June 2018, 23:23   #4
amigakit.com

Hi

You get the one on the left- we are updating the rightmost picture this week (apologies for the image problem). We have migrated our site to a new server and data/images have been slowly going across.
Old 11 June 2018, 16:57   #5
puppypc

Cool! I like the new site, glad to see that you've weeded out some of the discontinued products since they caused me some confusion when I first started browsing the old store.
I did like the old mouse with the boing ball, though. I still have mine, but if I ever need a new one then I hope you will be able sell ones with the boing ball logo as well
Old 17 June 2018, 17:56   #6
SimonCD32
Amiga Diva

sick mouses mang
Old 20 November 2018, 13:43   #7
WildW

Anyone else have one of these? Bought one recently, and while it works well it feels rather insubstantial . . . maybe it's just not heavy enough. Tempted to try to open it and add some weight to it, but haven't been brave enough yet. No screws visible so I guess it just clips together and would need to be pryed open.
Old 20 November 2018, 17:42   #8
LaBodilsen

Quote:
Originally Posted by WildW View Post
Anyone else have one of these? Bought one recently, and while it works well it feels rather insubstantial . . . maybe it's just not heavy enough. Tempted to try to open it and add some weight to it, but haven't been brave enough yet. No screws visible so I guess it just clips together and would need to be pryed open.
The screws are most likely under the "glide pads" underneath the mouse.
Old 20 November 2018, 18:22   #9
WildW

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaBodilsen View Post
The screws are most likely under the "glide pads" underneath the mouse.

Yes, that was the other possibility that crossed my mind. I don't really want to destroy it though.
Old 26 November 2018, 15:18   #10
Picard

Cool mouse but im still trying to get refund of order i sent back a month ago.I'd like to order more stuff from amigakit.com but i'm not really happy camper right now.
Old 26 November 2018, 21:41   #11
Reido

Quote:
Originally Posted by WildW View Post
Got one this week. I'm happy with it, especially compared to the analog ball one. Very responsive. It's light yes, but personally don't see that as a problem.
Old 27 November 2018, 15:11   #12
Pyromania

@amigakit.com

Nice Amiga mice, I'll be getting one or two of them soon.
Old 04 December 2018, 11:45   #13
Spunkworks

Will you ever answer any emails AmigaKit, it's getting pretty annoying not getting my support emails answered. Orders always come through though.
Old 04 December 2018, 15:27   #14
amigakit.com

@Spunkworks

Sorry for overlooking your question, what did you want to ask about the Optical Mouse we stock?
Old 05 December 2018, 04:31   #15
obitus1990

Bought one, it works well, but it feels cheaply made. The plastic is so thin that on the white version I have, you can see the red light of the laser through the top of the mouse. When powered on, the mouse looks reddish/pink, even in a brightly lit room. For $35 USD, I would have expected better.
Old 05 December 2018, 10:31   #16
Daedalus

Quote:
Originally Posted by kirk_m View Post
Bought one, it works well, but it feels cheaply made. The plastic is so thin that on the white version I have, you can see the red light of the laser through the top of the mouse. When powered on, the mouse looks reddish/pink, even in a brightly lit room. For $35 USD, I would have expected better.
It's a standard PS/2 mouse with a Cocolino attached to its cable. The Cocolino itself is $22.50, so in reality it's a $12.50 mouse, not a $35 mouse. This is reflected in the fact you can buy the same mouse here in PS/2 format for $14.62.
Old 09 July 2019, 00:37   #17
macce2
Retro maniac

I got one from Amigakit today.
I' m using A4000D and at first , the mouse did seem to work ok, but suddenly stopped working.
I did check the connection was ok, but nothing.
Then tried with my old analog Amiga mouse, and it seems to work ok.
Until now, I have been mainly using an old Logitech serial mouse with Mroocheck adapter, and that has been working ok.
My A4000D is quite populated, all zorro slots are in use and the machine has original Psu.
I don' t have voltage meter at hand, but began suspecting the +5 V line (?!).
If Amigakit.com guys are reading this, I have a couple of questions:

- Is the Akit classic optical mouse more sensitive for possibly slightly lowered voltage than " classic" Amiga analog mouses generally ?!
-Im aware that the mouse has an adapter (Cocolino?) built- in. Does the mouse require some kind of software driver( s) to work ? I didnt get any driver floppy disk etc with my order.
Old 09 July 2019, 07:09   #18
005AGIMA
Re-loading. Please wait.

oooh that looks good.

I'm looking forward to going back to ball mouse BUT one of these for a daily would be awesome. And possibly a USB one for the PC?

Has anyone made a USB optical TANK mouse?
Old 09 July 2019, 08:00   #19
Amiga4000

Quote:
Originally Posted by macce2 View Post
Does the mouse require some kind of software driver( s) to work ? I didnt get any driver floppy disk etc with my order.
Yes, the mouse requires a driver. The link for the driver download on the product page is broken. If you PM me your email address I'll send it to you tomorrow.
Old 09 July 2019, 09:36   #20
Predseda
Puttymoon inhabitant

Send a message via ICQ to Predseda
No, the mouse doesn't need any driver unless you want to use the scroll wheel.