English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Requests > request.Old Rare Games

Old 19 August 2013, 22:39   #1
Sandro
Banned

Pinkie english manual ??

I want to play PInkie http://hol.abime.net/1067
but I don't know what to do on the game, in this case a basic explanation is needed before to start
there is no longplay on youtube or walkthrough in any site
the manual I found is in polish language I do not understand anything

anyone have the original game and the english manual ?

thanks
Old 19 August 2013, 23:02   #2
s2325
Zone Friend

If it's same as polish it's slightly useless. No details, just some story for children. I also tried that game http://eab.abime.net/nostalgia-memor...tml#post792740
Old 20 August 2013, 08:18   #3
Sandro
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by s2325 View Post
If it's same as polish it's slightly useless. No details, just some story for children. I also tried that game http://eab.abime.net/nostalgia-memor...tml#post792740
ah ok so in the manual is the story for children
thanks for the info
but this game not for children
I'm stuck on this game ,there is no walkthrough anywhere or a youtube longplay.... seems that nobody knows how to play this game
anyways cool game,cool GFX and exclusive for the Amiga
Old 20 August 2013, 08:32   #4
s2325
Zone Friend

Yes, I had this game (copy) at time of release. I thought it looks like AGA game on my A500. I think manual writer thought it's for children because of main hero - pink alien.
Old 21 August 2013, 00:09   #5
rygar

I just tried this game and made some progress
If you jump over the monster with green button on head it wil shoot. So you can release 2nd egg.
If you throw egg from high it'll run all over the level but if you catch it you can release bird by throwing over monster with spike on head.
If you die you can back to "ship" and buy some stuff (flowers will give you money for it) but i don't know how to use it.
Old 23 October 2013, 21:29   #6
lilalurl
Global Moderator

Send a message via ICQ to lilalurl
Happy

When I have time I can try and make a longer tutorial (I have several screenshots).

I'll write a few essential points (rygar already stated some stuff but I'll add details):

- The aim of the game is to collect the eggs. To do that, you need to catch an egg (fire button), go to your vehicle and stand next to it and press down + fire. The egg will enter a slot in the vehicle.

- The eggs have 3 states : unhatched egg, egg with legs and fully hatched.
An egg change its states if it fall from a high height (alone or with you holding it) or if you get hit by enemy while holding it.
To get the egg into the vehicle it needs to be either unhatched or with legs. When hatched the creature runs away and disappear.

- To catch an egg with leg, jump on it and it will be knocked out for a while. Then catch it (fire)

- You can catch an egg that is falling by pressing fire (you fall faster than the egg....)

- When you want to exit a level (for whatever reason) go to the yellow arrow (far left in first level) and press down + fire twice. The exit teleporter will appear.
If you leave the level without your vehicle, it will remain in the level (so you will need to get it).

- On the map, you can see 3 yellow dots on the level square. This is the number of eggs to catch on a level. If you have catched only one egg and exited the level, then there will be only 2 dots on the map and the egg will no longer be there in the level. When you get all 3 eggs, you get a "well done Pinkie" screen

- When in the vehicle, hold up and the vehicle seat will rise (à la James Pond 2 Robocod). Press up and jump and you can jump out of it (the vehicle will fall). It allows you to reach high places easily at the beginning.

- When in the vehicle you are invincible, but some monsters can block/push you.

- As stated by rygar, flowers is "money" to buy items from the shop (the ship level, right at the beginning). I advise to learn where the flowers are in the first level (I think there are 5), collect all of them, exit and redo that several time.
This way you can buy all the options (not needed to finish the first level but useful). To buy an option, when in the ship, jump over the button of the option (on the conveyor belt on the left of the level)

- Options have different cost so buying one will prevent you from buying some other ones.

- The last option is an extra life I think. It is the only option that you can buy again and again.
For the other options, if you have already bought them, when you jump on their corresponding button, they will not appear (no box dropped). So in theory you can't make the mistake of buying an option several times.

- I am not sure exactly of the role of all options but:

* The glove allows you to break the yellow and black squares that surround some eggs (on the top left and top right in the first level). As said by rygar, jumping on the enemy with the button can also give the same result.

* one of the wheel option allows the vehicle to be steady when on a slope (it does not fall on the slope, unlike the default behaviour).I think the icon of the option is the one with the wheel on a slope!!!.

* Another wheel option if for faster movement I think.

* There is an option which allows the vehicle to jump. I think it is the 3rd one from the left. To jump when you have the option, hold down and then release it (the longer you hold, the higher the jump). A bit difficult to use I think.

* Very important and not easy to grab: There is an option which is an horizontal bar. Buy it, it is very useful.
Once you have it, in the vehicle start by rising the seat very high (the center of the first level is a good spot). Place the seat at the same level as two platforms.
Rotate (with left or right) the vehicle so that Pinkie faces you. Press fire and two hydraulic pistons will come out of each side of the vehicle. After they catch the surrounding platforms, the bottom of the vehicle will rise at this level. You can slide left or right when in this state.
Press fire and you are released from the pistons. So this way you have managed to get the vehicle very high easily.

That's all I can think about now. Feel free to ask questions (with screenshots if need be). I have just played the first level and a bit of the second one, so don't expect a whole knowledge (and I don't really plan to play it further).
Old 23 October 2013, 21:44   #7
Sandro
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilalurl View Post

When I have time I can try and make a longer tutorial (I have several screenshots).

thanks master for the tips I was waiting for something like this
when you finish the tutorial or walkthrough upload it to www.gamefaqs.com, that's a solid site which I sense never will go down