English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Support > support.FS-UAE

Old 19 May 2014, 09:22   #1
amair

Why "OpenGL" folder in FS-Uae Launcher v2.5.5dev sources?

Hello,

well, the title already says it:
Why do new FS-UAE launcher sources include the OpenGL folder?
The reason for asking is, that the included files will be installed and that results in "file collision" errors.

I'm using an ebuild for Gentoo to install fs-uae-launcher. The colliding files are already installed by the pyopengl package.

Is that OpenGL folder really required to be included?

Best regards,
Andreas

Old 19 May 2014, 11:40   #2
kkgarbod
The Human/Gray Hybrid

Location: The Elizabeth Arkham Asylum for the Criminally Insane
Methinks it's included for those platforms/users who doesn't have opengl included
Old 19 May 2014, 11:47   #3
FrodeSolheim
FS-UAE Developer

Hi, it (a recent version of PyOpenGL) was added to prevent problems with Python 3 and older version of PyOpenGL.

FS-UAE python modules should not be installed globally - they are not meant to be shared with other applications. I don't know what the ebuild does, but I expect it runs python3 setup.py install.

Instead, it should run something like this:
Code:
python3 setup.py install --install-lib=/usr/share/fs-uae-launcher --install-scripts=/usr/share/fs-uae-launcher
and also install a symlink from /usr/bin/fs-uae-launcher to /usr/share/fs-uae-launcher/fs-uae-launcher.

This way, FS-UAE Launcher's python packages will be isolated from system packages intended to be used as reusable modules.

Last edited by FrodeSolheim; 19 May 2014 at 11:53.
Old 20 May 2014, 09:06   #4
amair

Hi!
Quote:
Originally Posted by FrodeSolheim View Post
Hi, it (a recent version of PyOpenGL) was added to prevent problems with Python 3 and older version of PyOpenGL.

FS-UAE python modules should not be installed globally - they are not meant to be shared with other applications. I don't know what the ebuild does, but I expect it runs python3 setup.py install.

Instead, it should run something like this:
Code:
python3 setup.py install --install-lib=/usr/share/fs-uae-launcher --install-scripts=/usr/share/fs-uae-launcher
and also install a symlink from /usr/bin/fs-uae-launcher to /usr/share/fs-uae-launcher/fs-uae-launcher.

This way, FS-UAE Launcher's python packages will be isolated from system packages intended to be used as reusable modules.
Thanks for that information. I'll have a look at the ebuild but at the moment I have no idea of how to do that the Genoo way.

Best regards,
Andreas