English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Support > support.Hardware

Old 28 November 2021, 01:29   #1
hooleydog

PISTORM problems GRRR!!!

Guys I having a hard time trying to get the packages for my pistorm (so I can set it up). I have setup my wireless on the PI with the correct ip address and password ect but files don't download or are missing the pi says (All I get is errors).. Here's a picture of the screen. Ive been at it for days with no luck at all. is the pistorm site up and running..

Oh the PI is plugged in my Amiga..
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	pistrom.JPG
Views:	211
Size:	652.2 KB
ID:	73945  
Old 28 November 2021, 04:52   #2
SpaceAce

From the errors your getting, it looks like you may have an issue with your DNS config. Can you ping raspbian.raspberrypi.org from another machine?
Old 28 November 2021, 11:58   #3
daxb

Did you get errors when launching "sudo apt-get update"?
Old 28 November 2021, 13:09   #4
Jope
-

These are the Raspbian repositories that cannot be reached. Not anything to do with the PiStorm yet.

SpaceAce is on the money here, the network config in the Raspberry Pi is not 100%. Name resolution is not working.
Old 28 November 2021, 13:18   #5
jotd
This cat is no more

workaround: if you have wireless issues I suggest you use a RJ45 wired connection. No configuration, no password, Fixed a lot of issues for me in various machines.

(and also clears the wireless issue if it still doesn't work)
Old 18 December 2021, 00:44   #6
hooleydog

Quote:
Originally Posted by jotd View Post
workaround: if you have wireless issues I suggest you use a RJ45 wired connection. No configuration, no password, Fixed a lot of issues for me in various machines.

(and also clears the wireless issue if it still doesn't work)

Yep I now using a RJ45 wired connection (PI 3 B), because I can't get the wireless working (Tried for days)and also the command

git clone https://github.com/captain-amygdala/pistorm.git don't work. the pi don't like the word git, so won't run it.. Oh my PISTROM did get flashed though (The only good thing)...

OH sudo apt get-full upgrade says 0 upgraded 0 newly installed 0 to remove and 0 not upgraded.. Nothing on that one.

Next is sudo apt-get install git libasound2-dev unable to fetch some archives maybe run sudo apt-get update or try with --fix-missing? (sudo apt-get update no good either)..

and git clone https://github.com/captain-amygdala/pistorm.git -bash: git command not found...... Nothing works GRR I might as well go back to my TF536 card. But it's no where as fast as a PISTROM...

Last edited by hooleydog; 18 December 2021 at 01:24.
Old 18 December 2021, 03:10   #7
hooleydog

Guy's I have now used Raspberry Pi OS "Bullseye instead of OS" Buster" now files do download and at the command sudo apt-get install libdrm-dev libegl1-mesa-dev libgles2-mesa-dev libgbm-dev to install the DRM OpenGL/ES libraries now all the packges are downloaded.

Last is make PLATFORM=PI3_BULLSEYE for the emulator to compile successfully. But it can't find make so I typed in cd pistorm no such file or directory. Darn so close....

Last edited by hooleydog; 18 December 2021 at 03:32.
Old 18 December 2021, 15:09   #8
jbenam
Italian Amiga Zealot

Did you do the git clone command? That's the one that creates the PiStorm folder. Remember that the git clone command clones the PiStorm folder in your current working directory (which you can check with the "pwd" command), which might be different from the home (the starting folder when you SSH) if you have changed paths previously.