English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Support > support.Hardware > Hardware mods

Old 28 February 2019, 13:16   #81
sampedenawa

Hello,

Should someone be interested in pre-built HID2AMI boards (newest v1.1), I have ordered a batch of 30 boards from a professional assembler (20 of them already reserved to users).

I’ve put a post on http://www.amibay.com; should anyone be interested, place a request there.

Also visit my github for updates (https://github.com/EmberHeavyIndustries/HID2AMI)

Around the 3rd week of March I should be available a little bunch of DIY kits also, for those interested in soldering fun.

Thank you very much !

Old 04 March 2019, 23:40   #82
sampedenawa

Updated 04-Mar-2019: v1.8.6:
- Added support for Logitech G506, G5 and GPro gaming Mice
- Added Support for Steelseries Rival 100 300 310 500 Gaming Mice

Thank you very much Wiz12 for your support in debugging the driver for these gaming mice !
Old 04 March 2019, 23:43   #83
wiz12

Thanks sampedenawa for your support in making all these mice work. They all work perfectly now. Your adapter is great and I recommend it to anyone still thinking about buying it. Hopefully with time it will get even better.
Old 12 March 2019, 13:31   #84
sampedenawa

Released fw v1.8.7, with added support for a bunch of "pro" gaming mice

v1.8.7
Added support for Logitech MX510 MX518 G305 G203 G403 G603 G703 G903 gaming mice
Added Support for Steelseries Rival 110 600 Gaming mice

@crabfists
@mikele
@samplist

You are still listed as interested in getting an assembled board: I should have a small lot of professionally assembled boards coming last week of March (hopefully).
If you are still interested, I have opened a reservation list on amibay (search for HID2AMI there); the lot is almost over, but a few boards are still available.
If you are no more interested, please advice me of your withdraw here. Thanks !

@esel
@Nexus

Not heard from you anymore: withdraw interest ?

Thanks

Last edited by sampedenawa; 12 March 2019 at 13:36.
Old 12 March 2019, 13:52   #85
samplist

@sampedenawa thanks, is there some kind of housing available for these adapters?
Old 12 March 2019, 14:00   #86
sampedenawa

Quote:
Originally Posted by samplist View Post
@sampedenawa thanks, is there some kind of housing available for these adapters?

Not yet, but a user here offered me (in his spare time) to deveop a 3d-printed prototype housing.

When printed and tested, I will open source its cad file to everyone !

(In the meantime, if someone else would try to design an alternative fancy case, he's welcome !)

Unfortunately I do not have any "mechanical" skills .. so I can't do it myself
Old 12 March 2019, 19:03   #87
samplist

Ok, one more question does the mouse wheel work with the Freewheel utility?
It would be great to have scrolling functionality.
Old 12 March 2019, 20:21   #88
sampedenawa

Quote:
Ok, one more question does the mouse wheel work with the Freewheel utility?
It would be great to have scrolling functionality.

Not at his time.

I deliberately not implemented it, because to do so you have to sort-of-multiplex the wheel event between the quadrature waveform, causing an unavoidable loss of precision in both responsiveness and position tracking of the pointer.

Most users who got my adapter are using it with high precision gaming mice, capable of 1000-10000 dpi ... so I preferred to focus on having the smoothest, quickest and most precise response it was possible.

Maybe in next releases I will code it, but at the moment is not a priority for me.
Old 13 March 2019, 07:40   #89
samplist

Thank you for your answers @sampedenawa, I'm withdrawing interest for now if that's ok.
Maybe in the next release then.
Old 13 March 2019, 08:28   #90
ExiE

Quote:
Originally Posted by sampedenawa View Post
Most users who got my adapter are using it with high precision gaming mice, capable of 1000-10000 dpi ... so I preferred to focus on having the smoothest, quickest and most precise response it was possible.
Maybe in next releases I will code it, but at the moment is not a priority for me.
Working mouse wheel would be lovely actually.
Old 13 March 2019, 09:35   #91
sampedenawa

Quote:
Thank you for your answers @sampedenawa, I'm withdrawing interest for now if that's ok.
Maybe in the next release then.

Not a prob at all, thank you for your interest and suggestions, anyway

Quote:
Originally Posted by ExiE View Post
Working mouse wheel would be lovely actually.

As far as I know, this can be done in two ways:

- Through a "multiplex" of data between 3rd button and wheel events, with the need of a dedicated driver running on the Amiga (like the Coccolino PS2/AMI does)

or

- Through a 2nd connector to be plugged into joy port which sends to X-Y pins the wheel events

Either ways are not attractive to me: the first has a direct negative consequence on smoothness and precision of pointer's movements; the second prevents you connecting a joy while using your mouse.

Should anyone know a solution which does not have these side effects, please tell me and I will make a thought about implementing it.
Old 13 March 2019, 12:37   #92
MartinW

I would just like to add that my initial reaction has always been the same "does it support the wheel"? whenever a mouse product comes out. BUT, please be realistic about it. I recently had a play about with a USB mouse via RapidRoad / Poseidon. These support the wheel when used in conjunction with FreeWheel but still ONLY in those apps that are coded to recognise the events and do something with them.

So to my surprise having support for the wheel is not some magic bullet where all scrollers suddenly respond to the scroll wheel - we are very spoilt these days in that being the case but back in the late 80's / early 90's that was not so.

I exchanged a few messages earlier on regarding all of this and actually I came to the conclusion that I agreed, effort was best spent elsewhere for now. Obviously people have different opinions and different priorities and that is clearly fine!

PS: I'm at least one of the people that is looking into a 3D printed case. Life served up a curveball two weeks ago so there has been no progress. I am almost at the point of being back up and running however and hope to make some progress in that direction in the next couple of weeks. Such a trivial thing, but first I need a desk
Old 20 March 2019, 12:48   #93
sampedenawa

For those interested, I have just received the first lot of assembled boards, and there should be a few units available out of reservations.

I am collecting interests on amibay, look for hid2ami there if you want to get one.
Old 21 March 2019, 15:42   #94
sampedenawa

Added a couple pics of newest rev1.1 on first post page

Updated github with rev1.1.0 schematics, BOM, and Gerbers.

Firmware App is fully compatible with both Rev1.0.0 and Rev1.1.0

Last edited by sampedenawa; 25 March 2019 at 10:52.
Old 30 March 2019, 20:36   #95
sampedenawa

Just released fw 1.8.8 with a pair of new periph supported.
Old 03 April 2019, 23:07   #96
sampedenawa

Should anyone be interested, I am launching a 2nd production batch of further 30 of these little boards.

Gathering reservations on the usual place

Last edited by sampedenawa; 03 April 2019 at 23:21.
Old 04 April 2019, 09:28   #97
Solo Kazuki

Still no CD32 joypad support?
Old 04 April 2019, 11:19   #98
sampedenawa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solo Kazuki View Post
Still no CD32 joypad support?

Planned in next future, but at the moment I am focused on compatibility with *every kind of* "high spec" mice existing on planet earth, which the mass of users are requesting
Old 04 April 2019, 21:07   #99
MartinW

Any chance you could add a combination of presses that you have to go through before unlocking / locking the rate adjustment via mouse wheel please? I know that the wheel is not supported and yet my brain is hard wired to use it so badly that I'm constantly speeding up the mouse movement !!
Old 05 April 2019, 08:37   #100
sampedenawa

Quote:
Originally Posted by MartinW View Post
Any chance you could add a combination of presses that you have to go through before unlocking / locking the rate adjustment via mouse wheel please? I know that the wheel is not supported and yet my brain is hard wired to use it so badly that I'm constantly speeding up the mouse movement !!

Huhmm .... could it be:

"press all 3 mouse buttons together" -> unlock wheel speed control
"press again all 3 mouse buttons together" -> save the setting and lock speed control

Do you think it's reasonable that way ?

I think I could put it in any of next fw updates.