English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > abime.net - Amiga Magazine Rack > AMR suggestions and feedback

Old 03 November 2008, 22:58   #1
Solid Snake
Wonderful World Of Amiga

CU Amiga Tutorial scans

Having visited the excellent site http://amr.abime.net/issues_6
has anyone else noticed why none of the featured tutorials or masterclass features have been scanned?

I am interested in scans of the six-part Directory Opus tutorial by Andy Leaning that appeared between Mar 95 and Aug 95 issues of CU Amiga.

Any help much appreciated.
Old 04 November 2008, 16:00   #2
AlfaRomeo
A1200 040 SAM440EP 667

Yeah, that´s a shame that people who likes Amigas and want that there is progress in our platform only scan the games reviews..
New people in amiga systems or people who don´t know well work with amiga progs or who wants to learn programming the amiga how can learn?
Maybe in near future appear new scans of tutorials in AMR so all we may learn, who knows..
Old 04 November 2008, 20:10   #3
Galaxy

I have these but won't be able to scan them until I get access to an A3 scanner.

We have explained on many occasions why we have scanned the game reviews in the first instance.
Old 04 November 2008, 20:28   #4
Codetapper
2 contact me: email only!

SolidSnake and AlfaRomeo: You two are welcome to scan the pages for us and we will put them online.

It's a shame people come on and bitch about what is missing from AMR but very few seem willing to contribute anything...
Old 04 November 2008, 21:43   #5
AlfaRomeo
A1200 040 SAM440EP 667

I have not many mags because in Portugal never came many mags about amiga but I can scan those I have.
And your work mantaining AMR is very noble, what I put into question is how will there be any changes in amiga world if there is only information about games so any people that come from outside and want to learn doesn´t have how to do that.
Old 05 November 2008, 07:53   #6
Galaxy

I think the bulk of people interested in the Amiga are interested in the game side of things these days.

Anyway as I said I don't have access to an A3 scanner anymore and all the A3 scanners I have seen are too expensive (If I get one it has to be fast enough - ie not USB 1.1 or parallel) so I won't be able to scan to many of these requests, at least in the short term. Of course if there is someone downunder who would like to donate a scanner I'd be happy to scan the pages.