English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Creation > Graphics

Old 24 December 2022, 10:31   #21
Slay

Interesting…
Old 24 December 2022, 12:01   #22
jotd
This cat is no more

I'm seriously planning a remake of Cadaver 16 -> 256 colors. I have all bobs ripped (wall/floor tiles + objects). Without changing the resolution would it be possible to use the A.I. to recolor the tiles using 256 colors?

Before doing that I'd like to change some colors so the theme is a bit brighter: use more blue for metallic stuff, change worms from yellow/brown to pink...

What I mean is: no way I'm going to rework the assets by hand. But if I can get 256 A.I. colored tiles, I'd be in for a remake like the one I did for Supercars 2. 256 colors wouldn't be that slow on that game because nothing much is moving / no blitter/controlled scrolling. That would be the perfect candidate.
Old 24 December 2022, 12:29   #23
alexh
Thalion Webshrine

The main problem I think is repeatability? I think you'd have to get all assets in one image to get over this issue. But with all assets in one image it probably will have a hard time?
Old 24 December 2022, 12:35   #24
jotd
This cat is no more

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexh View Post
The main problem I think is repeatability? I think you'd have to get all assets in one image to get over this issue. But with all assets in one image it probably will have a hard time?

yeah, I suppose... and describing each item can be difficult. Specially wall/floor tiles that are difficult to put words on...

Another approach would be some "undither" tool which would be able to detect that the graphist lacked colors and manually dithered the image. I bet that exists too.