English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Creation > Graphics > Graphics. Finished Work

Old 16 May 2023, 21:34   #21
saimon69
J.M.D - Bedroom Musician

the second green need to be darker so to be recognized, at first thought you made a mistake
Old 16 May 2023, 21:38   #22
saimon69
J.M.D - Bedroom Musician

Quote:
Originally Posted by Retro1234 View Post
Thanks Tsak never new that - know of any other games apart from Lionheart know of any other games that did this?
Barbarian+ uses similar copperlist tricks but in a static screen; plus, analogous to LionHeart, Turrican III uses dynamic copperlist in the alien level
(look around 43:00 if the youtube timer link does not work)
[ Show youtube player ]
Old 16 May 2023, 23:55   #23
pixie

Quote:
Originally Posted by saimon69 View Post
Barbarian+ uses similar copperlist tricks but in a static screen; plus, analogous to LionHeart, Turrican III uses dynamic copperlist in the alien level
[ Show youtube player ]
That's neat!
Old 17 May 2023, 00:28   #24
DanScott
Lemon. / Core Design

Multiplexed hardware sprites could be used to give a parallax layer for the buildings in the background
Old 17 May 2023, 17:26   #25
Master484

Quote:
the second green need to be darker so to be recognized, at first thought you made a mistake
You're right, the two greens are a little bit too close. Although the players will never see them, only the copperised end result.

Quote:
Multiplexed hardware sprites could be used to give a parallax layer for the buildings in the background
Yeah, that would probably be the best use for the sprites. And because the city background is only about half screen high, horizontal sprite multiplexing wouldn't eat all free DMA cycles. And the backgrounds have a similar setup in all levels, the farthest scrolling layer is always about half screen high.
Old 17 May 2023, 17:56   #26
saimon69
J.M.D - Bedroom Musician

Quote:
Originally Posted by Master484 View Post
Because that would mean doing the whole game, and recoloring all character animation frames manually. Taking part in a potentially multi-year collaboration project like this basically means turning a free time hobby into a part time job. The recoloring alone would take months to complete, assuming that there is motivation to work on it a few hours every single day.
I hear you: was looking for people to help translate Flying Shark arcade assets and did not find anybody to help: i can do just a piece at the time with an already crammed schedule between work life and game musics, and might take months, plus mistakes are made: last attempt i put color 0 as changeable and had Magnus telling me that color 0 need to be black or as close to black as possible due to borders, so two days of work in the bin -_-
Old 18 May 2023, 02:06   #27
dlfrsilver
CaptainM68K-SPS France

Send a message via MSN to dlfrsilver
Quote:
I hear you: was looking for people to help translate Flying Shark arcade assets and did not find anybody to help: i can do just a piece at the time with an already crammed schedule between work life and game musics, and might take months, plus mistakes are made: last attempt i put color 0 as changeable and had Magnus telling me that color 0 need to be black or as close to black as possible due to borders, so two days of work in the bin -_-
Arcade assets you say ? I have almost all game sprites with the right palette.
Old 18 May 2023, 08:01   #28
aros-sg

Quote:
last attempt i put color 0 as changeable and had Magnus telling me that color 0 need to be black or as close to black as possible due to borders, so two days of work in the bin -_-

Why? An image loader (in game) or little conversion tool could easily rearrange the pen/colors in whatever way one wants.
Old 18 May 2023, 16:45   #29
saimon69
J.M.D - Bedroom Musician

Quote:
Originally Posted by aros-sg View Post
Why? An image loader (in game) or little conversion tool could easily rearrange the pen/colors in whatever way one wants.
Was a figure of speech, even a simple remap in ppaint would suffice, however i need to rearrange colors and where needed to intervene by hand and i really have little time lately
Old 19 May 2023, 00:08   #30
lmimmfn

Quote:
[ Show youtube player ]
Sorry I don't get this being the same as changing colours per line via the copper? The background is merely changing colour in the video(pulsating). Maybe I'm missing something lol.
Old 19 May 2023, 17:17   #31
saimon69
J.M.D - Bedroom Musician

He asked for a similar effect to lionheart, and i took this: the front playfield has seven colors but not static, going up and down changes via copperlist - that routine has been used on lionheart and turrican III
Old 19 May 2023, 17:19   #32
saimon69
J.M.D - Bedroom Musician

Quote:
Originally Posted by dlfrsilver View Post
Arcade assets you say ? I have almost all game sprites with the right palette.
I created a 16 color superpalette, for level 1: you can see if assets can be reduced to that one? (will need strong editing though)
Old 28 July 2023, 14:43   #33
hammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by jotd View Post
how many colors on the screen total? 16 (disregarding copper of course) ? or 32?

Great palette. Looks like the colors used in most new games.
It's not limited by Atari ST's 512 color palette artwork consideration.

Amiga's 16 colors with a 4096 color palette would have color shades that don't exist with Atari ST.
Old 28 July 2023, 19:37   #34
saimon69
J.M.D - Bedroom Musician

Well, i DID convert all flying shark arcade assets to a superpalette: results were decent, then Tsak did the supercharged way and rebuilt assets again - time spent: i would say around 80 hours but is an estimate between converting, remapping, putting in an anime file for alignment and re-clipping all elements

Click image for larger version

Name:	fs_overview.png
Views:	40
Size:	393.5 KB
ID:	79750

Name:	enemy_tanks_turrets_ok.png
Views:	41
Size:	15.4 KB
ID:	79751

This was my port with my 16 color palette that could be modified slightly according to the level

Name:	arcade_vs_amiga.png
Views:	61
Size:	471.4 KB
ID:	79752

This is Tsak overhaul