English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Support > support.FS-UAE

Old 18 October 2017, 23:17   #1
amiga_Forever
Users Awaiting Email Confirmation

configuration default does not show model

Why doesn't the default A500 config in FS-UAE show the default line in config file?
Code:
amiga_model =
Its in the configuration file of all others, even A500+ but not on A500 model... why is this?

Also there are mismatch info on website vs GUI in regards to action replay specifics..

It seems in the GU if u enable "freezer cartridge" the psychical file must be action_replay_3 but on the website it stays you can use any name as long as it matches checksum and .rom

My file has spaces, so i have complete path in config surrounded by " and " but I'm not sure if (a. GUI supports this because the changes in config file as option is disabled, (probably not tired together),,, but on boot i get "Unrecognized cartridge"

Last edited by amiga_Forever; 18 October 2017 at 23:53.
Old 19 October 2017, 09:11   #2
amiga_Forever
Users Awaiting Email Confirmation

Seems u must enable freezer cartridge in GUI for AR access.... The actual name of the file can be that listed in GUI. but the config file itself just show "action_replay_3" instead...

I always got used to doing it directly in config..

A change from before. oh well.. at least it works..
Old 19 October 2017, 17:12   #3
FrodeSolheim
FS-UAE Developer

In general, FS-UAE Launcher does not save options having their default value, to avoid "spamming" the config files with unnecessary information. A500 is (and will always be) the default, and is not excpliticly saved by the Launcher.

As for Action Replay, I believe everything works as intended and documented (https://fs-uae.net/docs/action-replay). You do not specify the action play ROM. The option is to choose the model (e.g. "action-replay-3") and the ROM file is automatically found (if present). I don't think there has been any change here. But you might have used an unsupported uae_* option to point directly to the ROM in the past.

But the point is, yes the ROM can have any name. But the option does not contain the file name of the ROM!!