English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Support > support.Hardware

Old 25 September 2007, 19:21   #1
Dave_wb

ami-pc woes

Hi guys,
Wonder if you can help me please.I have a classic 1200 with an internal hard drive plus a zip drive and cd rom drive via idefix97. I want to connect it to my Pc which is running windoze98se. I have downloaded and installed the above software but when i activate it via the "MountPC 4KS3" I get the following error - Cant open prefs/env-archive/sys/def_pc.info for input - object not found. Can someone point me in the right direction as I am stumped. I have installed the software on my Miggy and everything seems ok until I try using it! Frustrating or what?
Dave
Old 25 September 2007, 20:36   #2
Bloodwych

I'll help as much as I can, although it's been a long time since I used that program.

That error message sounds as though it's looking for an icon for the mounted PC device. I would have thought it would just use the default disk icon and not specifically look for a def_pc.info.

Using Dopus or shell/cli (but not a workbench window - you can't see disk icons from Workbench windows), copy "sys:disk.info" to "prefs/env-archive/sys/def_pc.info"

So from shell, it would be:

copy sys:disk.info prefs/env-archive/sys/def_pc.info (hit return)

Then restart your Amiga and try to mount the PC device. Haven't you asked this question before and had the same answer?

Anyway, if you're still stuck, grab the AMI-PC folder from the ClassicWB LITE as I'm sure I re-wrote the mount script and placed a nice def_PC.info icon in there. Also make sure when you installed Ami2PC and configured it you ended up with the following files:

"PC2AmiParallel.device" and "serial.device" in the "Devs" drawer.
"PC2AM-handler" in the "L" drawer.
PC icon in the "storage/dosdrivers" drawer.
A PC entry in the "devs/mountlist" file (open using a text editor or "ed" command from shell)

Last edited by Bloodwych; 25 September 2007 at 21:16.
Old 25 September 2007, 21:38   #3
Dave_wb

Smile ami-pc woes

Hi Bloodwych,
Thanks for the info - I will try it out tomorrow and will keep you posted! Have you heard anything about a new Amiga being manufactured soon? I see that Commodore are back up and selling Pc's so perhaps there may be some truth in the rumour.God I hope so! Thanks again
Dave
Old 25 September 2007, 22:06   #4
Bloodwych

No problem, hope you get it sorted. Getting back into the Amiga will take you some time, but advice is always on hand here.

As for those new Amigas, Commodore is still dead, just someone with naming rights releasing PC branded gaming cases.

The debate of actual new Amiga hardware is a very heated one, just do a search on here but more so the website Amiga.org. At the moment, there is nothing available for OS4, the last and most recent release of Workbench.