English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Misc > EAB's competition

Old 30 September 2013, 19:18   #141
Stimraug
Settler

Quote:
Originally Posted by lifeschool View Post
Only trying to play fair here. When you said "I fear I might gather suspicion from some" by talking about a "single infinite points-milking technique" this is of course very stoney ground especially with autofire added into the mix. When I first read your post I thought you were admitting you used auto - which is not against the rules - but now I re-read it I see you were saying you calculated the maximum score and was lying in wait to "fry" anyone who abused it. Thats fine.
I meant that I was waiting for someone to abuse the inf. points method.
Old 30 September 2013, 22:28   #142
Lonewolf10
AMOS Extensions Developer

Quote:
@ Lonewolf10:
Wow, you got the full map in the end. Well Done. You also revealed a possoble milking place at the end, but still did not get the top spot. Bad luck. By my calculations you'd have had to have hit the final bosses 114 times to beat Stimraug, anyway.
Yeah, I didn't think we were going to get them all, but I got lucky to get the remaining lvls on the last day of the competition
Yes, you could milk the end boss, but it would take alot of concentration - 20 snowballed enemies into dead face for 1 life, but one slight distraction and that life would be gone
It's more fun beating people fairly and that way I feel I earnt my 2nd place. I won't deny that when I first got into 1st place, early in the competition, I did alot of Vettel / Shumacher style pumping of the air - it's a great feeling to get into 1st place, even if it didn't last.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stimraug View Post
(Lonewolf is very close too, obviously, so gratz)
Thanks. You set a very hard target and totally deserve the win
Old 30 September 2013, 22:33   #143
diablothe2nd

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lonewolf10 View Post
It's more fun beating people fairly and that way I feel I earnt my 2nd place.
definitely

although i reckon i could've completed it, i must confess i didn't see the point looking at the scoreboard soar the way it did.

I was quite content with being in the middle of eab's scorers and not dragging up the rear like one of my attempts in a past round
Old 30 September 2013, 23:32   #144
lifeschool
Local Moderator

@ Lonewolf/Diabo/Stimraug - it was very exciting to see you guys battling it out. Good show.

@ Capehorn - Hi capehorn. Me trying to understand this matter has just made matters worse. Sorry chaps. When I said 'against the rules generally' I just meant I've never seen anyone actualy saying they used autofire in the three years I've participated. Its like an unwritten code of sportsmanship we share. Thats what I meant to say, but it came out very badly. You were right to get on my case about this. What I wrote was unacceptable.

Quote:
Originally Posted by capehorn View Post
you should apply to be a mod for next season's comp if Graham and Biscuit could do with the help?
I would love to, but its things like this which prevent that. I asked before and they said they dont need any help. TBH, I think they dispise my meddling attempts almost as much as I hate myself for doing it. I'm very much a shy and retiring person who gets way too excited about the compo. I'm looking forward to next year when I can relax and butt out.

Sorry Stimraug.

Last edited by lifeschool; 30 September 2013 at 23:48.
Old 30 September 2013, 23:55   #145
capehorn

It's fine. I think a clear-the-air has done us all good.
Old 01 October 2013, 00:58   #146
Stimraug
Settler

Quote:
@ Lonewolf/Diabo/Stimraug - it was very exciting to see you guys battling it out. Good show.

Sorry Stimraug.
Thanks, and no problem at all, we're good!