English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > abime.net - Hosted Projects > project.APoV

Old 24 November 2006, 19:40   #21
Bloodwych

My original came in a French box after I mail ordered it. The game itself was still in english however.
Old 02 January 2007, 17:58   #22
blackcornflake

Hiya Bloodywoo

Interesting review - feel free to send it to APoV. As I'm sure you have noticed, we operate rather a liberal publishing schedule, so revisions to reviews, and funky additions such as boxouts, can be discussed and worked on in depth. And length.

But not girth.
Old 02 January 2007, 23:22   #23
Bloodwych

LOL! Ok blackcornflake, will do. Always nice to know each publication isn't rushed out the doors. Quality over quantity.
Old 02 February 2007, 20:50   #24
Angus
Amiga Games Database

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bloodwych
Decisions, decisions. I mean, ideally I'd like to submit it to both sources for consideration but I'm unsure about APoV's take on including reviews already present on the Lemon Amiga site?
And after the hours I spent getting Scott Johnston to review the game for the AGDB, furiously scribbling down his comments as he spoke down the phone.
Old 06 June 2007, 03:21   #25
blackcornflake

Sorry Angus, I've read your post over and over, but I can't quite figure out what your point is

If it's concern about an overabundance of Bloodwych reviews...

My personal philosophy is that Amiga resources are complementary, and that this particularly applies to review resources.

Reviews in APoV don't negate or devalue reviews elsewhere, and APoV certainly isn't in competition with anyone - it is intended to represent one aspect of a vibrant, evolving discourse: one that is made richer by virtue of its heterogeneity. And 'APoV' itself doesn't constitute a singular diegesis, but a variety of voices and opinions. And of course the subjective nature of such critical material means that, no matter what the review source may be, the reader ultimately has the most important role in what is fundamentally a dialogic process of meaning construction.

In short, I think the more reviews, the better