English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > News

Old 17 May 2013, 02:23   #1
DH
Global Moderator

Happy CIA & VITNO Retrogaming Forum upgraded to vB 4.2.1 & Merger

I am extremely happy to announce that CiA (Commodore is Awesome) has finally upgraded their forum software to vBulletin 4.2.1. This has been an extremely tense past couple of days, as everything has kinda hampered us in almost every direction, whether it be time differences or just the overpowering red tape that's involved, but thankfully we got there in the end

Although the initial steps have been completed, we are still currently working very hard in the background to bring everyone the new experience of the forum. Please bear with us though, as we too, are just as new to the experience as you are.

We are, and will be, upgrading again sometime in the near future to vBulletin 5 Connect, so if things seem to have halted on the forums, it's probably because we are in process of upgrading again

vBulletin upgrades should not effect user accounts, however, sometimes these upgrades can cause some hiccups along the way, and if you're having trouble signing in, or can't access a part of the forum, please report it to either myself or to one of the other Admins of the CiA forum, and we'll do our best to resolve the problem.

I hope you'll all enjoy the new forum and the new experience it will bring Now, I need a stiff drink after all of this

Last edited by DH; 19 September 2016 at 21:40.
Old 19 September 2016, 21:39   #2
DH
Global Moderator

Smile CIA & VITNO Retrogaming Forum

The forum has once again undergone some changes. One of which the name change above

We, CiA, have teamed up with VITNO, and I have recently updated the forum to fit in with our merge. The forum has been downsized somewhat to accommodate a more general approach to the forum as with VITNO being a general retro and vintage computer/console website, we needed to generalise a lot of the forums to fit in with their style.

No threads/posts have been deleted, but they may not be in a forum you originally posted them into, so if you can't find something you have posted, please refer to my post on our forum HERE.

This currently only effects the forum for now, but the website will follow sometime soon.

I/we hope these changes do not distract too much from your enjoyment of using our forum.