English Amiga Board


Go Back   English Amiga Board > Main > Amiga scene

 
 
Thread Tools
Old 14 January 2021, 16:37   #121
PDrill
Registered User

 
Join Date: Feb 2020
Location: Finland
Posts: 68
Oh yes, deleting prefs fixed the problem.

But as we are now here, a feature request. I shortly addressed this a while ago in the chat but I couldn't make me clear enough without pictures. I was hoping for a standard titlebar for IMP when in fullscreen mode and the thing I was trying to explain is as follows.

In this photo I'm running WorkBench, Diskmaster and IMP.



Now, as IMP doesn't have the standard titlebar this is what happens if I visit IMP and go back to Workbench (Using the Workbench button of IMP):



Now I can't get back to the third program (Diskmaster) anymore unless I change IMP to 'windowed mode'. So, would be nice to have a titlebar in IMP to be able to use in in full screen mode without it preventing access to other programswith their own displays.
PDrill is offline  
Old 14 January 2021, 17:59   #122
juen
Registered User

 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Location: Kraków / Poland
Posts: 216
but why don't use amiga+m shortcut?
juen is offline  
Old 19 January 2021, 07:31   #123
TuKo
Apollo Team

TuKo's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: not far
Posts: 323
This piece of software is getting better and better well done to the author !

Small request : could the "wb" CLI argument not be case sensitive ?
TuKo is offline  
Old 19 January 2021, 13:01   #124
juen
Registered User

 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Location: Kraków / Poland
Posts: 216
Quote:
Originally Posted by TuKo View Post
This piece of software is getting better and better well done to the author !

Small request : could the "wb" CLI argument not be case sensitive ?
sure - in 1.12
juen is offline  
Old 01 February 2021, 06:27   #125
abbub
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2019
Location: Fort Collins, CO USA
Posts: 54
So I've had this working in the past, but I just reinstalled the OS on my Amiga and when I install the version of IMP from AmiNet it runs and says, 'Your version is old. Updating now.' but after I click the left button to shut down the old version (after the update, as requested by the software) I can no longer run imp. It says, "imp: file is not executable' even though when I look at it in 'Information' the 'Executable' bit is set. Any ideas?
abbub is offline  
Old 01 February 2021, 07:37   #126
juen
Registered User

 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Location: Kraków / Poland
Posts: 216
Quote:
Originally Posted by abbub View Post
So I've had this working in the past, but I just reinstalled the OS on my Amiga and when I install the version of IMP from AmiNet it runs and says, 'Your version is old. Updating now.' but after I click the left button to shut down the old version (after the update, as requested by the software) I can no longer run imp. It says, "imp: file is not executable' even though when I look at it in 'Information' the 'Executable' bit is set. Any ideas?
please try download imp again
juen is offline  
Old 01 February 2021, 07:49   #127
TuKo
Apollo Team

TuKo's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: not far
Posts: 323
Another suggestion for 1.12 : when leaving IMP, I'm finding den.font and den/6 in RAM: when you don't have that font installed in your system -- could this be cleaned up on exit ?
TuKo is offline  
Old 06 February 2021, 08:54   #128
PDrill
Registered User

 
Join Date: Feb 2020
Location: Finland
Posts: 68
How about a function that downloads automatically all the songs in FAVLIST? It could have some kind of speed limit or a short pause between files if overloading the server is problem.
PDrill is offline  
Old 06 February 2021, 16:48   #129
juen
Registered User

 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Location: Kraków / Poland
Posts: 216
imp 1.12 released
experimental version!
now u can run whdload stuff direct from imp, without whdload and without stuff ;-]
juen is offline  
Old 08 February 2021, 18:06   #130
juen
Registered User

 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Location: Kraków / Poland
Posts: 216
soon - saving whdload saves to imp cloud :-)
juen is offline  
Old 08 February 2021, 21:44   #131
skan
Dream Merchant

skan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Utinum
Posts: 441
Quote:
Originally Posted by juen View Post
imp 1.12 released
experimental version!
now u can run whdload stuff direct from imp, without whdload and without stuff ;-]
Whoa, cool!!!
skan is offline  
Old 09 February 2021, 00:23   #132
samo79
Registered User

 
Join Date: Nov 2018
Location: Italy
Posts: 65
That's uber cool, however how about packing the latest version and release it in a proper lha archive in Aminet :-)
samo79 is offline  
Old 09 February 2021, 05:56   #133
juen
Registered User

 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Location: Kraków / Poland
Posts: 216
Quote:
Originally Posted by samo79 View Post
That's uber cool, however how about packing the latest version and release it in a proper lha archive in Aminet :-)
no need... imp is autoupdating itself. all you need to use imp is one exe file - version don't have matter.
juen is offline  
Old 09 February 2021, 14:30   #134
juen
Registered User

 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Location: Kraków / Poland
Posts: 216
one more future in the upcoming version - uploading files to your directory in imp
juen is offline  
Old 11 February 2021, 05:44   #135
juen
Registered User

 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Location: Kraków / Poland
Posts: 216
imp v1.18 - now download in imp for donators is 2 to 4 times faster

download from store (whdload and others) 10x faster!


Last edited by juen; 11 February 2021 at 07:40.
juen is offline  
Old 12 February 2021, 08:52   #136
juen
Registered User

 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Location: Kraków / Poland
Posts: 216
imp backend update - from now, all accounts have the same speed
juen is offline  
Old 12 February 2021, 12:57   #137
indigolemon
Bit Copying Bard

indigolemon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Location: Kelty, Fife, Scotland
Age: 38
Posts: 1,000
Brilliant work juen

One wee feature request, would it be possible to add a way to choose what types of tracks you get? I know it now supports SID/MOD/Fasttracker etc - would be good to be able to say "I only want SID and MOD at present" for example.

Just an idea, and again thanks for all your hard work on this
indigolemon is offline  
Old 12 February 2021, 17:01   #138
juen
Registered User

 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Location: Kraków / Poland
Posts: 216
thank you. unfortunately I have already heard that people (including some ppl from this forum, most likely) that imp is a tool for piracy, and I am a lamer who supposedly earns on this program. apart from the fact that whdload is 1% of all possibilities of this program and for this it uses the software downloaded from ftp eab ...

by such comments of people who do not even fully know what the program is, I think more and more that in the current situation I should not devote my time to hobby only to my family and real work ...
juen is offline  
Old 12 February 2021, 19:40   #139
indigolemon
Bit Copying Bard

indigolemon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Location: Kelty, Fife, Scotland
Age: 38
Posts: 1,000
Quote:
Originally Posted by juen View Post
I think more and more that in the current situation I should not devote my time to hobby only to my family and real work ...
Understandable juen, do what's right for you. Thanks for your work on IMP, I enjoy using it!

Last edited by indigolemon; 14 February 2021 at 15:51.
indigolemon is offline  
Old 06 March 2021, 19:35   #140
Zener
Registered User
Zener's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Barcelona / Spain
Posts: 332
Quote:
Originally Posted by juen View Post
thank you. unfortunately I have already heard that people (including some ppl from this forum, most likely) that imp is a tool for piracy, and I am a lamer who supposedly earns on this program. apart from the fact that whdload is 1% of all possibilities of this program and for this it uses the software downloaded from ftp eab ...

by such comments of people who do not even fully know what the program is, I think more and more that in the current situation I should not devote my time to hobby only to my family and real work ...
I love your program, how perfect and complete it is, and how good is to listen to the songs while programming. Please don't listen to these people!
Zener is offline  
 


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Valhalla Lord of Infinity Arnie support.Games 4 16 June 2019 12:23
Retro Infinity Player Kickstarter wizard Retrogaming General Discussion 45 09 October 2015 15:31
Vista / Modules / CPU 100% Tarzin support.Other 10 23 July 2010 15:06
Apod 1 & 2 (pc player with amiga modules) sarek2k Nostalgia & memories 8 30 December 2006 04:06
Valhalla And The Lord Of Infinity NPI request.Old Rare Games 5 18 November 2004 11:33

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT +2. The time now is 05:48.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
Page generated in 0.10892 seconds with 16 queries