English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > abime.net - Home Projects > project.EAB

Old 13 November 2019, 09:41   #1
honx

what's new or changed?

i'm aware of the new rules (http://eab.abime.net/faq.php?faq=eab...aq_eab_account).
just out of curiosity: what exactly is new or modified in these rules?
Old 13 November 2019, 10:01   #2
Gordon
Settler

Code:
The following is prohibited and any member posting will receive an instant 1 month ban!

ographic images that are more than topless (this includes animals!!)
I don't think this was there last time
Old 13 November 2019, 10:08   #3
Dunny

So if I post a piccy of my dog, I have to make sure she's at least wearing a bra and panties. Gotcha.
Old 13 November 2019, 11:01   #4
DamienD
Banned

For now, though there will possibly be more changes... basically additions to the "Account Termination" section and some re-wording:

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Account termination

A member will be removed from the EAB if they:
  • Post racist remarks
  • Post sexist remarks
  • Post homophobic remarks
  • Persistently troll specific users and/or projects
  • Personally attack other users
  • Have multiple accounts
  • Only posting in off-topic sections
  • Consistently derail topics
  • Are inactive in the forum
Posting racist, sexist or homophobic remarks:

The rules here are self-explanatory and reflect society. There is no place for this type of viewpoint on the forum. While it is your right to have these opinions, they are not welcome of the forums and will be dealt with immediately.

Persistently trolling specific users and/or projects:

By and large you will know that you are trolling as it’s a conscious decision you have likely made. Examples of trolling are posting remarks directed towards other members consistently that are negative, always trying to turn a discussion into the topic you wish to troll against.

Personal attacks:

As much as another member may annoy you, or has “wronged” you in another thread, this forum is not the place to carry out a vendetta against them. If you feel their remarks are out of order, report the post. DO NOT take matters into your own hands as this will likely lead to you receiving a ban regardless of if you were initially in the right or not.

Multiple accounts:

If you register a second account on the forum there is only one legitimate reason to do so, and that is you have lost your original account details and can no longer log in. In this instance when the new account is created immediately contact a global moderator or admin to make them aware, this way we can investigate the previous account to ensure it belongs to you and then furnish you with the details so the account can be accessed again. Once done, the new account will be deleted, leaving only the original account.

If you are creating a second account for any other reason, when discovered you will find all your accounts are banned and any further registrations using email address linked to those accounts or IP addresses will be banned.

Only posting in off-topic:

Check the name on the forum, English Amiga Board. If you aren’t here to post about the Amiga then you aren’t welcome. Off topic is an area for active members to post other interesting topics that do not fit under the Amiga banner, it is not for you to register and only post in. Posts do not count from this section so your account will automatically be deleted as described below under “inactive in the forum”.

Consistently derail topics:

While not a major issue as topics can veer off topic during the natural course of the discussion, however if you continually steer a discussion away from the subject or towards a topic that you wish to discuss, you will be warned. If you persist, other measures will be taken against you. To avoid this, raise your own thread on the subject rather than hijacking another similar topic.

Inactive in the forum:

Members that have not posted more than 10 posts after 6 months of being registered will automatically be deleted. This is fair warning and a reasonable amount of time to contribute 10 posts. In many other forums you have to post several times this amount to be even considered a member.
Old 13 November 2019, 19:28   #5
Bren McGuire

Quote:
Originally Posted by DamienD View Post
For now, though there will possibly be more changes... basically additions to the "Account Termination" section and some re-wording:
How did it look before? I'm new.
Old 13 November 2019, 19:32   #6
DamienD
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bren McGuire View Post
I can't show you as it's changed now and I didn't keep a copy of the old rules...

It was a lot simpler / ambiguous, which gave room to get around some of the rules.

Now it is clearer and people know that if they do certain things it may lead to action by the moderators.
Old 13 November 2019, 19:47   #7
nogginthenog
Amigan

The Wayback Machine has it archived:
https://web.archive.org/web/2018*/ht...?faq=eab_rules
Old 13 November 2019, 20:25   #8
Ian
Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bren McGuire View Post
The rules were changed yesterday, you joined 2 days before that, you should've read them already
Old 13 November 2019, 22:07   #9
rare_j
Zone Friend

This is a good thing, good work team.
Old 14 November 2019, 02:05   #10
Amiga4000

Hmmm, I’m not on board with this one…….*

Inactive in the forum:

“Members that have not posted more than 10 posts after 6 months of being registered will automatically be deleted. This is fair warning and a reasonable amount of time to contribute 10 posts. In many other forums you have to post several times this amount to be even considered a member.“

I’m an old fart and sometimes takes me 6 months* just to get to the toilet and back! I refresh EAB about once an hour during my daily happy time… and for the past 5 years that I’ve been a member of EAB, I’ve had a rousing good time here!*

What exactly does “deleted” mean? Would I have to create a new user if I had a life or death Amiga question after I’m deleted? If so, that would blow willies.

Could there be a code exception based on a members age?

Sincerely, Methuselah

* ….and I’m not kidding.
Old 14 November 2019, 07:23   #11
Ian
Global Moderator

As you have over 10 post it won't affect you so calm it down a notch....
Old 14 November 2019, 09:25   #12
Solo Kazuki

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amiga4000 View Post
Hmmm, I’m not on board with this one…….*

Inactive in the forum:

“Members that have not posted more than 10 posts after 6 months of being registered will automatically be deleted. This is fair warning and a reasonable amount of time to contribute 10 posts. In many other forums you have to post several times this amount to be even considered a member.“

I’m an old fart and sometimes takes me 6 months* just to get to the toilet and back! I refresh EAB about once an hour during my daily happy time… and for the past 5 years that I’ve been a member of EAB, I’ve had a rousing good time here!*

What exactly does “deleted” mean? Would I have to create a new user if I had a life or death Amiga question after I’m deleted? If so, that would blow willies.

Could there be a code exception based on a members age?

Sincerely, Methuselah

* ….and I’m not kidding.

If i understand correctly it's about new members. You must write 10 posts in first six months of membership.
Old 14 November 2019, 11:30   #13
RCK
Administrator

This rules has always been there, I simply remove all inactives accounts (6 months not seen) who have post less then 10 posts.
It's there to have a clean "member" page with no ghost account there.
Old 14 November 2019, 15:08   #14
Amiga4000

Oh sorry, I missed the "6 months of being registered. My mistake....
Old 14 November 2019, 15:24   #15
roondar

Hmm, warnings etc for consistently going off-topic. I'll consider myself warned ahead of time

(my self deprecation aside, this is actually a good rule )
Old 14 November 2019, 16:55   #16
Bren McGuire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ian View Post
The rules were changed yesterday, you joined 2 days before that, you should've read them already
OOPS