English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Coders > Coders. System

Old 27 October 2015, 13:37   #1
chaos

Zorro ethernet driver (minimig)

I'm trying to write a SANA driver for a custom ethernet expansion for minimig.

I have the hardware part more or less working: Zorro Autoconfig works, and I can access TX & RX buffers for the ethernet frames.

I am a little stuck with the driver side.
Since this is a Zorro device, should the driver be able to be binded with BindDrivers(), requiring an icon with tooltype PRODUCT=xxx/xx? Or are SANA drivers, even for Zorro cards different?

Also, does anyone know if there's source code available for any Zorro ethernet device driver? I can't find any ...
Old 27 October 2015, 14:53   #2
thomas

I don't think you need to use BindDrivers. BindDrivers is only needed if your driver does something standalone without the need to be opened by a program (for example mount partitions).

SANA drivers usually are explicitly opened by the TCP/IP stack. Therefore you can use
FindConfigDev() during OpenDevice() to find your hardware and learn about the address were it is located.

You can call FindConfigDev() repeatedly to find multiple cards of the same kind and then identify the right one by the unit number given to OpenDevice().
Old 27 October 2015, 15:35   #3
Locutus

the CNet (PCMCIA NE2000) drivers come with sourcecode, but its in m68k Assembly. not the most convenient.

I think there is source code in C available for a A2065 SANA-II driver on Aminet, take a look.
Old 28 October 2015, 00:01   #4
gulliver
BoingBagged

Ask user tnt23 here in EAB, see this thread where he developed a Zorro ethernet+ram card with drivers:

http://eab.abime.net/showthread.php?...ighlight=tnt23
Old 28 October 2015, 00:30   #5
chaos

Great, thanks everybody! I think I have enough info, for the start at least