English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Support > support.Games

Old 20 February 2009, 22:43   #1
Simmo76

Question Anybody Get Skidmarks to work on Xbox1 / A500 Mini?

First of all, hello to everyone, I only recently joined this forum after admiring from afar for quite awhile.

I hope that I no-one will be upset that my first post is question!

I have a modded Xbox running WinUAEX and a vast collection of all my old Amiga favourites, but one game that I cannot seem to get running at all is Skidmarks. The game loads as far as the blue Workbench type screen that says 'Click here' at the bottom, but then nothing happens.

I understand from trawling through some old posts that the game checks the serial port at this point and that on WinUAE (PC version) you can just enable the serial port. Unfortunately this doesn't seem to be an option on the Xbox WinUAEX...

Another post I found on here suggested that the adfs could be edited under Workbench and saved back, but I'm completely useless at this sort of thing and don't have the first clue about how to go about this.

Any help that any of you good people might be able to give with this would be greatly appreciated, as I REALLY would love to be able to play this game again.

Last edited by Simmo76; 20 April 2022 at 21:58. Reason: Altering thread title
Old 20 April 2022, 21:26   #2
Simmo76

Hey, hey!

Sorry for the necro post - and on my own thread to boot! - but I now have the exact same issue with Skidmarks not working using whdload on the new A500 mini...
Is there a simple way around this? Maybe by altering something in the .uae file that is created after booting Skidmarks?

Any help to get this (one of my favourites) running on A500 mini would be greatly appreciated.
Old 20 April 2022, 22:57   #3
Superman

I have read that Skidmarks looks for a serial port connection in order for it to start. Apparently this feature has not been implemented in Amiberry yet so no way of running it.

https://github.com/midwan/amiberry/issues/631

Last edited by Superman; 20 April 2022 at 23:53.