English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Support > support.WinUAE

Old 21 April 2008, 01:41   #1
CongealedWallrs

What does this startup error mean?

When I start WinUAE it opens a window with this message:

"Intuition is attempting to reset the workbench screen. Please close all windows except drawers."

Then I get the following screen:

"Picasso96 could not create the graphics board context for 'uaegfx' please check your Picasso96 installation."

Have I installed the wrong WorkBench version? I am trying to run an A1200 setup.

The error does not cause a crash it just keeps appearing on every startup and slows the thing down a little. Sorry if this is a stupid mistake.
thanks
Old 21 April 2008, 09:50   #2
thomas

You have installed a graphics card driver but your emulated Amiga does not have a graphics card.

Either add some RTG memory in order to emulate a graphics card or remove UAEGFX from Devs/Monitors to stop the driver from being launched during startup.
Old 21 April 2008, 20:03   #3
CongealedWallrs

Quote:
Originally Posted by thomas View Post
You have installed a graphics card driver but your emulated Amiga does not have a graphics card.

Either add some RTG memory in order to emulate a graphics card or remove UAEGFX from Devs/Monitors to stop the driver from being launched during startup.
Thank you so much! I know nothing about these wonderful, mysterious machines and their inner workings.

Much appreciated.

In fact now that I have quickly tested it, it runs much more smoothly than it did before! You're a saviour Thomas!

Last edited by CongealedWallrs; 21 April 2008 at 20:10.