English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Main > Retrogaming General Discussion

Old 04 June 2021, 17:19   #1
squirminator2k
Dream17 / PortsCenter guy

Play the original Worms (or Worms: The Director's Cut) online with other people!

As much as I love the original Worms (and its Amiga-only expanded edition, Worms: The Director's Cut), the lack of online play has rendered it more-or-less forgotten when compared to later titles in the series such as Worms Armageddon.

Fortunately, thanks to some shockingly good online remote-play applications such as Parsec, it's now possible to play these games online with virtually no input lag or video compression issues. I've had as many as 8 people remotely connected to my PC to play a WormsDC tournament with no technical issues or network problems.

To that end, I've put together a Discord channel for people who want to set up games of either the PC MS-DOS version of Worms, Worms: The Director's Cut on the Amiga.Come join us if you want to play classic Worms with actual humans!