English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > abime.net - Hosted Projects > project.Maptapper

Old 16 February 2021, 16:02   #21
CaptainNow
Eleventh Hour Games

Quote:
Originally Posted by jotd View Post
I don't want to disappoint you but i think that this track is the same as Supercars II easy level track 1.

They didn't even bother to create new tracks. All they did is that they allowed to be raced in reverse (which changes the race completely, so it's a good and cheap idea)
You're absolutely right.
The palette is different, as you'll no doubt know.
It's very disappointing that we didn't get new tracks!
I have looked at your 'REMIX' tracks and love those! I will have to learn the editor.

I am currently creating a newer, slightly higher-res sprite for the main car. It's only a start, and I need to re-colour it green once I have finished but hopefully it will look nice when it's racing around the tracks:

Old 29 December 2022, 11:31   #22
Whitesnake
Martin Shaw

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baboon View Post
Just had a quick blast and if I'm honest I really enjoyed it. To discover another game from this series after all these years is quality (I was amiga back then so my dos needs have all been via emulation years later which I guess is why I missed this?).

I think the only thing so far (in the brief time I've had on it) that I'm not so keen on is the music. I'm loving the slightly more polished visuals though.

I'll have to try your super cars 3 java game that's posted on here too.
Yeah, I definitely enjoy Super Cars International too. For me it's the best in the series and it plays a lot smoother and feels more refined.

I like the whole International Tournament vibe this game gives with the player characters and attributes. I recommend people try it out.

I'd definitely like to see a complete 1:1 port of Super Cars International for Amiga, similar to the recent Turrican II AGA even though that was mostly coded from scratch.

If the source code is available then I think a port is definitely worth considering.

My guess would be that the baseline requirements are probably higher than AGA 020.

[ Show youtube player ]

Last edited by Whitesnake; 29 December 2022 at 11:41.