English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Requests > request.Old Rare Games

Old 23 February 2012, 21:59   #1
lesta_smsc

Chaos Engine 3 player beta?

Hey guys,

Anyone know if this beta was ever released/leaked/available? Would be nice if this version could be sourced...

Regards,
Lesta
Old 24 February 2012, 02:57   #2
lilalurl
Global Moderator

Send a message via ICQ to lilalurl
Nothing available as far as I know:
http://eab.abime.net/showthread.php?p=540264#post540264

And with gods-country.de being down right now, I guess it is best to link a YT video for whoever would want to take a look:
[ Show youtube player ]
Old 24 February 2012, 14:07   #3
lifeschool
Local Moderator

Thanks for the link. I guess they decided to make the game 2 player as three players would be able to cream this game way too easy.
Old 28 February 2012, 03:11   #4
lesta_smsc

Quote:
Originally Posted by lifeschool View Post
Thanks for the link. I guess they decided to make the game 2 player as three players would be able to cream this game way too easy.
True but would have been nice to have nonetheless! Anyone from Bitmap Brothers on forum have this version!?
Old 28 March 2012, 22:44   #5
Qube

I vaguely recall many years ago when the Bitmaps started up their website that I dropped them an email to their webmaster asking if they had any older or earlier code or versions etc, especially the 3-char ver and their answer was that games went through many builds before going final and they did not have access to any older versions anymore or something to that effect. Which was a shame.

But to be honest, you could ask yourself where are all these coders today? A lot have moved on to other things over time. I believe Eric M works for Sony. Mike M is still doing game stuff also. No idea where Steve K ended up - I remember early pics of him and the boys in a car in the days of Xenon/SB, in an old ST Action mag I think, I think it was a Citroen car perhaps, probably rampaging around Wapping London. Time flies...

Remember Naksha(?) mice?

That vid of the 3-char CE was from GameMaster, the only time it was shown in action from memory. Early version no doubt. Heck the Gent's weapon was a fire pistol which seemed to burn the floor. I'm sure more tales could be told from others in the team, Dan M must have some stories. He still draws CE stuff on his DeviantArt page.

Has anybody any footage of the old MPockets-derrivative used on MotorMouth, the Saturday morning ITV kids show? There must be some floppies with this on somewhere in the world?

Q;

P.S. Archer MacLean's JWWS on MM - [ Show youtube player ]

Last edited by Qube; 28 March 2012 at 22:50. Reason: Updated
Old 03 January 2024, 10:16   #6
TCD
HOL/FTP busy bee

Just found a screenshot of the three player beta in Computer Gaming World 93 (4/1992) today: