English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Support > support.FS-UAE

Old 18 October 2014, 09:32   #21
B14ck W01f
m68k all the way

I was starting from the Installation disk, and managed to get through the guide. Thanks.

Now, when I boot into 3.9, I get the message ERROR: Can't load picture SYS:Prefs/Presents/Backdrops/AOS.jpg, which is ironic because the file is sitting right the specified directory. I am using the uaegfx card, and set the number of colors to 64, but hopefully I can try out Frode's A4000/PPC config with it with the Picasso IV card.
Old 18 October 2014, 11:08   #22
amigafreak68k

Yes. This is a problem with build in CDROM implementation (2.4 haven't this issue).

Try to use

cdrom_0_controller = ide1

And reinstall your system.
Old 19 October 2014, 03:09   #23
B14ck W01f
m68k all the way

I know what you are saying, but why would the CD-ROM implementation prevent the AOS.jpg image from loading?
Old 19 October 2014, 08:41   #24
amigafreak68k

It must change something in the file integrity.
Old 13 January 2016, 23:09   #25
elowan

now I´ve tried to use folders for the hard drives, instead of "hardfiles" - ending up getting another "uae" device, but still nothing to install OS3.9 to... oh and with harddrives attached, I get another message (see images)
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	hdd2.PNG
Views:	490
Size:	25.5 KB
ID:	46961   Click image for larger version

Name:	hdd3.PNG
Views:	515
Size:	35.9 KB
ID:	46962  
Old 14 January 2016, 07:50   #26
amigafreak68k

The device for hardfiles is "uaehf.device" (or scsi.device with the blue config entry). Please be sure, you have a RDB hardfile. Normal hardfiles aren't able to configure in HDToolbox.

hard_drive_0 = PATH_TO_HardfileImage.hdf
hard_drive_0_controller = ide0
hard_drive_0_type = rdb

Edit: Please post your config here

and for the AOS.jpg error... There is since many times a problem with the internal CDROM driver in FS-UAE...
Old 20 May 2016, 00:16   #27
D-Fresh

It's been a few years since i used an amiga, but want to get back into this. I'm going to buy an amiga but for starters i am using FS-UAE on my macbook. I have been following this guide a few times but it simply doesn't work for me. When installation is done and it boots from HD all i get is a command prompt. And sometimes the hard drive doesn't boot at all but it shows up when i boot from the rescue floppy. The hard disk image is a 4Gb vhd file, installed, partitioned and formatted in workbench using HDTool. This is my configuration:

[fs-uae]

[config]
amiga_model = A4000/040

cdrom_drive_count = 1
cdrom_image_0 = /Users/d-fresh/Documents/Amiga/AmigaOS/3.9/AmigaOS3.9/AmigaOS39.iso

floppy_drive_count = 2
floppy_image_0 = /Users/d-fresh/Documents/FS-UAE/Floppies/EmergencyFloppy.adf
floppy_image_1 = /Users/d-fresh/Documents/Amiga/AmigaOS/3.1/amiga-os-310-workbench.adf

hard_drive_0 = /Users/d-fresh/Documents/FS-UAE/HD/AmigaOS3.9.vhd
hard_drive_0_type = rdb

zorro_iii_memory = 65536

uaegfx_card = 1
bsdsocket_library = 1
writable_floppy_images = 1
floppy_drive_volume = 0

---------------------------------------
Edit:

I have tried again. After installation of Os 3.9 is finished and i'm rebooting it seems like it is booting off the hard-disk image. But it stops at the command-prompt. loadwb does not work, in fact no commands work. When i shut the machine off and start it up all i see is the amiga kickstart-animation. It's as if the hard disk doesn't exist. At least it doesn't boot from it. If i boot from the rescue-disk then the hard drive shows up in WB. I'd appreciate some help...

Last edited by D-Fresh; 20 May 2016 at 01:05.

Old 24 July 2016, 19:02   #28
Zeph

Did you ever get passed this? I'm experiencing the same problem today!

G

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Fresh View Post
It's been a few years since i used an amiga, but want to get back into this. I'm going to buy an amiga but for starters i am using FS-UAE on my macbook. I have been following this guide a few times but it simply doesn't work for me. When installation is done and it boots from HD all i get is a command prompt. And sometimes the hard drive doesn't boot at all but it shows up when i boot from the rescue floppy. The hard disk image is a 4Gb vhd file, installed, partitioned and formatted in workbench using HDTool. This is my configuration:

[fs-uae]

[config]
amiga_model = A4000/040

cdrom_drive_count = 1
cdrom_image_0 = /Users/d-fresh/Documents/Amiga/AmigaOS/3.9/AmigaOS3.9/AmigaOS39.iso

floppy_drive_count = 2
floppy_image_0 = /Users/d-fresh/Documents/FS-UAE/Floppies/EmergencyFloppy.adf
floppy_image_1 = /Users/d-fresh/Documents/Amiga/AmigaOS/3.1/amiga-os-310-workbench.adf

hard_drive_0 = /Users/d-fresh/Documents/FS-UAE/HD/AmigaOS3.9.vhd
hard_drive_0_type = rdb

zorro_iii_memory = 65536

uaegfx_card = 1
bsdsocket_library = 1
writable_floppy_images = 1
floppy_drive_volume = 0

---------------------------------------
Edit:

I have tried again. After installation of Os 3.9 is finished and i'm rebooting it seems like it is booting off the hard-disk image. But it stops at the command-prompt. loadwb does not work, in fact no commands work. When i shut the machine off and start it up all i see is the amiga kickstart-animation. It's as if the hard disk doesn't exist. At least it doesn't boot from it. If i boot from the rescue-disk then the hard drive shows up in WB. I'd appreciate some help...
Old 24 July 2016, 19:37   #29
Zeph

Yeah. I forgot to tick Bootable in HDToolBox on the partition! lol.
Old 23 November 2017, 15:52   #30
r06ue1

Thank you (even though you are banned and may not ever see this) for this excellent guide, been trying to get 3.9 up and running for some time now and finally accomplished it using this guide.

Old 23 November 2017, 17:49   #31
DH
Global Moderator

Dunno if anyone would be interested in this, but I have created a pdf of the original content, so those wishing to install this guide can print it out for reference.

The pdf is a secured file and has been copyrighted to "EAB - nexusle" as the author, so changes cannot be made to the document or details.

EAB's protection for the pdf
Quote:
Once you have posted, you have fundamentally wavered the ownership of the so called threads/posts.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf [Guide] Installing AmigaOS 3.9 with FS-UAE.pdf (334.9 KB, 879 views)