English Amiga Board


Go Back   English Amiga Board > Requests > request.Modules

 
 
Thread Tools
Old 16 August 2008, 22:23   #1
Thyphoon
 
Posts: n/a
Question How can translate David Whittaker module to protracker

Hello i would like to translate music from the game "Loopz" from David Whittaker (dw) to Protracker (mod). Do you thing it's possible ?

best regards

Thyphoon
 
Old 16 August 2008, 22:40   #2
TCD
Registered User

TCD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Germany
Age: 43
Posts: 24,024
Never heard of a converter yet, but would be great if there is one.
So I second the request
TCD is offline  
Old 18 August 2008, 21:43   #3
hit
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: planet earth
Posts: 1,115
not sure what kind of mod .dw is, but maybe this can help:
http://aminet.net/package/mus/misc/Pro-Wizard_220.lha

a newer version for win32/linux you can find here: http://asle.free.fr/prowiz/
(i cant manage to compile 1.62 on a linux box :/ )
hit is offline  
Old 18 August 2008, 21:53   #4
TCD
Registered User

TCD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Germany
Age: 43
Posts: 24,024
Quote:
Originally Posted by hit View Post
not sure what kind of mod .dw is, but maybe this can help:
http://aminet.net/package/mus/misc/Pro-Wizard_220.lha

a newer version for win32/linux you can find here: http://asle.free.fr/prowiz/
(i cant manage to compile 1.62 on a linux box :/ )
It's the format David Whittaker used for his music. ProWizard is the build-in ripper of WinUAE and can't convert .dw to .mod .
Nonetheless thanks for your help hit
TCD is offline  
Old 18 August 2008, 22:15   #5
hit
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: planet earth
Posts: 1,115
for sure you would have found this earlier, but was halve way posting, so i pressed the post button. didnt knew about the winuae feature
hit is offline  
Old 18 August 2008, 22:18   #6
TCD
Registered User

TCD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Germany
Age: 43
Posts: 24,024
Quote:
Originally Posted by hit View Post
for sure you would have found this earlier, but was halve way posting, so i pressed the post button. didnt knew about the winuae feature
Any suggestion is very welcome hit, so if you have another idea please post it when you stumble upon it
TCD is offline  
Old 18 August 2008, 22:20   #7
Galahad/FLT
Going nowhere

Galahad/FLT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Location: United Kingdom
Age: 47
Posts: 8,076
Dave Whittaker format is nothing like Protracker
Galahad/FLT is offline  
Old 18 August 2008, 22:27   #8
mai
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Federativnaya Respublika Germaniya
Posts: 4,990
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCyberDruid View Post
It's the format David Whittaker used for his music. ProWizard is the build-in ripper of WinUAE and can't convert .dw to .mod .
I think Prowizard converts only ProtrackerPacker/Clones to normal PT-format.
You are right, there is definitely no possibility to convert David Whittaker to PT, except you have coder ability.
mai is offline  
Old 18 August 2008, 22:43   #9
TCD
Registered User

TCD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Germany
Age: 43
Posts: 24,024
ProWizard can convert some formats (ThePlayer and such), but it seems that .dw is totally different like Galahad and you say. So it seems there is no converter yet and I doubt there will be one. There are ripper and player for that format, so it's not a big deal
TCD is offline  
Old 19 August 2008, 13:34   #10
StingRay
move.l #$c0ff33,throat

StingRay's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Berlin/Joymoney
Posts: 6,652
As mentioned, DW is a custom format and can't be compared to ST/NT/PT at all. And a converter is neither possible nor would it make any sense.

Last edited by StingRay; 19 August 2008 at 14:01. Reason: fixed typo
StingRay is offline  
Old 19 August 2008, 13:52   #11
hit
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: planet earth
Posts: 1,115
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCyberDruid View Post
Any suggestion is very welcome hit, so if you have another idea please post it when you stumble upon it
hehe, ok
hit is offline  
Old 19 August 2008, 14:29   #12
alexh
Thalion Webshrine
alexh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Oxford
Posts: 12,656
You can of course convert it to MP3 (Eurgh!) if you have to.

Or you can playback .DW files directly using Deliplayer or UADE
alexh is offline  
Old 19 August 2008, 14:35   #13
TCD
Registered User

TCD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Germany
Age: 43
Posts: 24,024
Quote:
Originally Posted by alexh View Post
You can of course convert it to MP3 (Eurgh!) if you have to.

Or you can playback .DW files directly using Deliplayer or UADE
Do you know a tracker/editor for DW files? I think that was the reason why Thyphoon asked for the converter (at least it was the reason for me ).
TCD is offline  
Old 19 August 2008, 14:40   #14
Galahad/FLT
Going nowhere

Galahad/FLT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Location: United Kingdom
Age: 47
Posts: 8,076
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCyberDruid View Post
Do you know a tracker/editor for DW files? I think that was the reason why Thyphoon asked for the converter (at least it was the reason for me ).
Dave Whittaker never released it, curiously he wrote it for himself and released it to no-one.
Galahad/FLT is offline  
Old 19 August 2008, 14:44   #15
TCD
Registered User

TCD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Germany
Age: 43
Posts: 24,024
Quote:
Originally Posted by Galahad/FLT View Post
Dave Whittaker never released it, curiously he wrote it for himself and released it to no-one.
Okay, thanks for the info Galahad!
TCD is offline  
Old 19 August 2008, 15:29   #16
StingRay
move.l #$c0ff33,throat

StingRay's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Berlin/Joymoney
Posts: 6,652
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCyberDruid View Post
Do you know a tracker/editor for DW files? I think that was the reason why Thyphoon asked for the converter (at least it was the reason for me ).
As far as I know he never used any tracker, he made the music directly in assembler. Like many musicians back then he was also a coder.
StingRay is offline  
Old 19 August 2008, 15:35   #17
TCD
Registered User

TCD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Germany
Age: 43
Posts: 24,024
Quote:
Originally Posted by StingRay View Post
As far as I know he never used any tracker, he made the music directly in assembler. Like many musicians back then he was also a coder.
You think he not used a editor of his own? Anyway, even if he did there is probably no change we ever see it
TCD is offline  
Old 19 August 2008, 15:37   #18
alexh
Thalion Webshrine
alexh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Oxford
Posts: 12,656
Which DW file is it? Some have been hand converted into mods. They do not quite sound the same but hey!
alexh is offline  
Old 19 August 2008, 15:38   #19
alexh
Thalion Webshrine
alexh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Oxford
Posts: 12,656
Quote:
Originally Posted by StingRay View Post
As far as I know he never used any tracker, he made the music directly in assembler. Like many musicians back then he was also a coder.
Yeah right... not!

Last edited by alexh; 19 August 2008 at 15:45.
alexh is offline  
Old 19 August 2008, 15:39   #20
TCD
Registered User

TCD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Germany
Age: 43
Posts: 24,024
Quote:
Originally Posted by alexh View Post
Which DW file is it? Some have been hand converted into mods. They do not quite sound the same but hey!
The one from Loopz.
TCD is offline  
 


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Was David Whittaker the laziest musician on Amiga? Galahad/FLT Nostalgia & memories 67 28 April 2020 15:25
ProTracker Module Compression h0ffman support.Other 12 24 September 2010 19:57
error message, could someone translate? s2325 support.Other 2 24 January 2009 16:28
Translate this for me Danes, please Ian request.Other 4 23 March 2008 11:31
Diabolik a simulmondo's serie to translate need help CFOU! request.Old Rare Games 14 01 July 2007 21:55

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT +2. The time now is 16:03.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
Page generated in 0.10396 seconds with 13 queries