English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Support > support.Games

Old 15 May 2005, 09:50   #1
skell

Send a message via MSN to skell
Problem with AB:TA

Hello there.

Yesterday, I downloaded an Alein Breed Tower assault. Everything is cool. BUT! When I entered the new area, the game began to turn me into angry. The level looked very unusual. Well. Truly, I played in bytes. Really. It looked like mix of all blocks. Everything was random, some strange blocks. If someone played Metroid 2 on GB(and used a secret with pressing pause), will know what I'm talking about.

I'm sure, that mine Winuae isn't configurated good.

If somebody, had this problem, than I will be gratefull, for sending me some advice, or configuration file. So...

Thanks.
Old 21 May 2005, 06:35   #2
skell

Nobody is answering...
Can someone tell me, what to do?
Old 22 May 2005, 05:53   #3
Shatterhand
Warhasneverbeensomuchfun

I remember there was a copy of Alien Breed Tower Assault that was bugged, and by entering some places, you'd get an effect like that. (Probably just a problem with the crack)

Which really pissed me off is that the guy who copied the game for me, when I told him this problem, he said to me "I know, but it's still possible to finish the game, you just don't have to go at that place!"

Later I got another copy that didn't had this problem. Didn't manage to finish the game any way
Old 10 February 2009, 17:50   #4
Lothai

can you give me the link with this copy? i have the same problem with this goddamn bad corrupted data on certain maps... if you could help i would appreciate

Old 10 February 2009, 18:41   #5
skell

Wow, that's quite an old topic. I can't believe my English was THAT bad!
Anyway, I don't know if this will be of any help, but you should check out Lemon Amiga-> http://www.lemonamiga.com/?game_id=58. There are some links to possible download sites, and maybe one of them works fine (the chances are pretty high in my opinion).

Good Luck playing. I am not going to, though, I am still too scared of The Corridors (What, I can be scared even though I am 18 years old! I won't touch Perihelion too!)
Old 15 March 2009, 22:45   #6
skell

So, because I lately played ABTA and finally found the working version, I decided to share my experience about it.
First of all, all ADF version I downloaded from links from Lemon Amiga didn't work. Not even ADF version from Dream17.

What you have to do to play ABTA is to:
1. Grab yourself an IPF plugin for Winuae from http://www.softpres.org/download#ipf_support_library
2. Move your buttocks to <snip> and download the IPF version of ABTA
3. Do what you think you should do. Which means -> Get a GOOD configuration file stupid! Visit Back to the roots! I have only two hands and both of them are needed to type.

That should do it. I hope it can be of at least any help to anyone, as I went through around 8 different ADF version and none worked.

Oh and by the way, don't mind me saying not to touch Perihelion in a post above - I finished it (I had to trash my all-Mages party and do other really irritating things, like having 50k of speed but I did finish it)

Last edited by DamienD; 15 March 2009 at 22:57.
Old 15 March 2009, 22:58   #7
DamienD
Banned

Sorry skell, as per rules you canot link to sites where IPF files can be downloaded so I've had to edit your post...