English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Support > support.Apps

Old 23 December 2016, 16:37   #1
IvanEBC

Parnet UNIQUE switch not really working

Hi Folks.. searching for Pronet here, hmm, its either rock solid or no-one is using this anymore. Been a fun night of setting this up and got it running pretty easily actually.

Amiga 4000 is hosting files on DH1: (Volume called Gaming

Amiga 500 wants to copy these files so i start with
pronet-start pn1 dh1 UNIQUE

OK, so i need to add unique because both Amigas dh1: have the same "gaming" label
On my workbench, it dumps a nice 0gaming icon and i can browse the 4000. Its perfectly what i want.....

BUT

I set it up in dopus, i made a drive button called PN1 and the actual directory as 0gaming: - press PN1 and i see the A4000 directory and the display says 0gaming: but as soon as i click into a folder - it reverts to just gaming: (dropping the 0) and the folder errors and says not available.

If i enter the 0 manually into the field, it'll work but trying to copy, move into another folder, or any process, and it'll drop the 0 each and everytime.

If i use 0gaming in a command shell, i can navigate, copy files and everything without hassles, but obviously a gui would be preferable and it is odd behaviour from DOpus. Anyone experienced this or know of a workaround.

Using Pronet 3.4 from Aminet.

EDIT: Like to point out this is about PROnet not PARNET.... brain was fried that day.

Last edited by IvanEBC; 01 January 2017 at 06:21.
Old 23 December 2016, 16:42   #2
emufan

you may not like it that much, but test another filemanager, eg Diskmaster - or an older version for kickstart/workbench 1.3
most likely a dopus issue, but i'm only guessing here.
Old 24 December 2016, 13:06   #3
IvanEBC

Quote:
Originally Posted by emufan View Post
you may not like it that much, but test another filemanager, eg Diskmaster - or an older version for kickstart/workbench 1.3
most likely a dopus issue, but i'm only guessing here.
Thanks emufan - i'll try the current version as the A500 ihas KS2/WB2 and 2.5gb ram.... Will report back incase anyone else has future issues.

For reference: The version of Dopus is 4.12 (I think the coverdisc from CU Amiga version)

Last edited by IvanEBC; 24 December 2016 at 13:15.
Old 24 December 2016, 14:14   #4
IvanEBC

Works a treat using Diskmaster - which is a fine enough program for the sake of just copying files over the network and leaving DOPUS as the main file manager tool.
Old 24 December 2016, 21:31   #5
emufan

Quote:
Originally Posted by IvanEBC View Post
Works a treat using Diskmaster - which is a fine enough program for the sake of just copying files over the network and leaving DOPUS as the main file manager tool.
cool - i always prefered Diskmaster - now i'm proven right