English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Main > Amiga scene

Old 12 February 2020, 14:06   #1
Cobe

Avoid Amiga.net.pl / Bitronic.pl

First of all I'm sorry that it had to come to this and I'm disappointed that there are "Amigans" that are not into Amiga just simply because of love for the Amiga.

So far we published 2 games for Amiga.net.pl. Lumberjack Reloaded and Pong4k.

We had our suspicions after release of Lumberjack. First we got one number of sold releases and than when came a moment to transfer that money to us, Amiga.net.pl halved the numbers with excuse, first numbers were with preorders that people actually never paid...

This time its obvious. It's been 9 months since release of Pong4k and still we didn't receive neither a copy of game for ourselves neither the money that game made.

Communication with Amiga.net.pl is intermittent.
Mostly referring us to contact its associates, which is not our thing to do in the first place, but ok, Amiga scene is small so we mostly "know" each other, & then after contacting them we get contradictor informations or just "I don't know what he's talking about, that be ridiculous."

I never wanted to make some money out of games, I just love physical releases, so I gave Amiga.net.pl more than fair period to try to solve issue, eventually I had to tell him good luck, keep the money, I'll just have to go public about this in hope that some other devs wont get in the same or similar situation and I really hope that some other devs and Amigans aren't already fooled with false numbers.

Last edited by Cobe; 05 April 2021 at 23:05.
Old 12 February 2020, 14:13   #2
Predseda
Puttymoon inhabitant

Send a message via ICQ to Predseda
This is sad. I wonder if other developers have similar experience? I have bought several boxed games from them, including Pong4K and never had a problem as a customer.
Old 12 February 2020, 14:33   #3
DamienD
Banned

That's quite shocking and an absolute disgrace Cobe

Very sorry to hear this.
Old 12 February 2020, 14:50   #4
mcgeezer

A disgrace is what it is.

I honestly dont know why you need a publisher in the first place.
Old 12 February 2020, 15:05   #5
nikosidis

Very sad to hear. I was told that the Willie brothers do not earn a penny on Trap runner fysical edition either. It might be their own fault but anyway. I buy games first of all to support the game makers.
Old 12 February 2020, 15:30   #6
Cobe

@Predseda
Member of our team actually bought the game from them some time ago and got it quickly, so as he said, there's nothing wrong with their front office but their back office sux.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcgeezer View Post
I honestly dont know why you need a publisher in the first place.
Cause of physical release. As I said I love them and there are other people that love to collect them.
I'm pretty sure making 10 copies of Rygar wasn't easy and quick task for you and probably even duller was going to post office and sending them, I know it would be for me. Maybe making 10 can even be fun and satisfying when you finish and look at them but I doubt you'd go through it for larger number.
Old 12 February 2020, 15:33   #7
Predseda
Puttymoon inhabitant

Quote:
Originally Posted by nikosidis View Post
I buy games first of all to support the game makers.
This.

I understand Cobe, I also love physical releases and so we need publishers who can make them.
Old 12 February 2020, 16:31   #8
mcgeezer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Predseda View Post
This.

I understand Cobe, I also love physical releases and so we need publishers who can make them.
I do have one Rygar box left.
Old 12 February 2020, 16:33   #9
Pyromania

@Cobe

I hope they make this right for you.
Old 12 February 2020, 17:03   #10
Predseda
Puttymoon inhabitant

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcgeezer View Post
I do have one Rygar box left.
I need it!
Old 12 February 2020, 18:02   #11
Cobe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pyromania View Post
@Cobe

I hope they make this right for you.
I dont have high hopes. In fact any. I wont contact them any more and I doubt they will contact me.
Just a warning to others.
Old 12 February 2020, 18:19   #12
Gordon
Settler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Predseda View Post
I need it!

You have my vote to get it. You deserve it for always supporting developers and keeping lemonamiga going.

Mcgeezer if there is anyone out there who would appreciate having a box for his collection it’s him! It would be displayed with pride
Old 12 February 2020, 18:21   #13
Gordon
Settler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cobe View Post
I dont have high hopes. In fact any. I wont contact them any more and I doubt they will contact me.
Just a warning to others.

Sorry to hear your troubles, please don’t let it put you off in future developments. Many out here that appreciate your games
Old 12 February 2020, 20:07   #14
Cobe

Thanks Gordon!
It doesn't affect me. I have few in pipe
Old 12 February 2020, 20:12   #15
DamienD
Banned

Quote:
It doesn't affect me.
I know you say that Cobe but it does; you could use whatever money made, no matter how big or small, to treat yourself a little or something.

I also know that you're not concerned about making money; but we as the people who support you and other developers, expect that you guys to get some cash reward for all your hard work.

From what you've said "amiga.net.pl" are fudging numbers; which effectively rips off the developers and puts free money into their hands. That well and truly stinks!!!

Last edited by DamienD; 12 February 2020 at 20:17.
Old 12 February 2020, 20:52   #16
Cobe

I meant it doesnt affect my will and motivation. The rest you wrote is true.
Old 12 February 2020, 22:45   #17
truman_burbank

Hello. It's very sad to hear such things, but it's quite complicated. Amiga.net.pl is only a distributor of Project R3D games, while the publisher is CDLabel (Juen's company - one of the authors of Tanks Furry). The contact can be found on this website: http://cdlabel.info

Amiga.net.pl pays for CDLabel games delivered on an ongoing basis, on the basis of invoices, and receives only a small commision on sales (set by CDLabel). Settlements with game authors have been handled by CDLabel since the release of Tanks Furry. The author's copies of the games are also sent by CDLabel, because they physically produce games such as Lumberjack and Pong4K, not Amiga.net.pl.

I understand fully Cobe, but the case has long ago been forwarded to the CDLabel, unfortunately so far Juen has not responded to the problem described by Cobe. I hope that thanks to this thread the problems will be resolved as soon as possible.

Last edited by truman_burbank; 12 February 2020 at 22:51.
Old 12 February 2020, 22:52   #18
mcgeezer

Quote:
Originally Posted by truman_burbank View Post
Hello. It's very sad to hear such things, but it's quite complicated. Amiga.net.plis only a distributor of Project R3D games, while the publisher is CDLabel (Juen's company - one of the authors of Tanks Furry). The contact can be found on this website: http://cdlabel.info

Amiga.net.pl pays for CDLabel games delivered on an ongoing basis, on the basis of invoices, and receives only a small commision on sales (set by CDLabel). Settlements with game authors have been handled by CDLabel since the release of Tanks Furry. The author's copies of the games are also sent by CDLabel, because they physically produce games such as Lumberjack and Pong4K, not Amiga.net.pl.

I understand fully Cobe, but the case has long ago been forwarded to the CDLabel, unfortunately so far Juen has not responded to the problem described by Cobe. I hope that thanks to this thread the problems will be resolved as soon as possible.

So to summarise, the whole thing is dodgy a fuck.
Cobe is 100% right and the he and the dev’s have been fleeced.

A disgrace indeed - they (amiga.net.pl / cdblahblah) should be ashamed.
Old 12 February 2020, 23:07   #19
DamienD
Banned

Quote:
Hello. It's very sad to hear such things, but it's quite complicated. Amiga.net.pl is only a distributor of Project R3D games, while the publisher is CDLabel (Juen's company - one of the authors of Tanks Furry). The contact can be found on this website: http://cdlabel.info

Well juen is a member here...

Looks like he has a bit of explaining to do then; in relation to his company CDLabel, if what you say is true.

...but what I don't understand is this:

Quote:
First we got one number of sold releases and than when came a moment to transfer that money to us, Amiga.net.pl halved the numbers with excuse, first numbers were with preorders that people actually never paid...
So how do the sales numbers suddenly get reduced exactly???

Is this "Amiga.net.pl" or "CDLabel" doing this?

I really hope that the same didn't happen with the delevopers of "Worthy" or "Solid Gold"; who are all respected members / developers quite active on EAB?
Old 12 February 2020, 23:07   #20
Amigajay

Quote:
while the publisher is CDLabel (Juen's company - one of the authors of Tanks Furry). The contact can be found on this website: http://cdlabel.info
Looks like a disc duplicating company not a publisher to me? but even if it is, why is there basically two companies doing the same job? just cut out one of the companies and give more profit to the developers, the game ifaik only sold in one place anyway!?

Last edited by Amigajay; 12 February 2020 at 23:13.