studio460

Quote:
Originally Posted by digiflip View Post
Thanks a lot!!!
Old 13 June 2019, 19:46   #202
digiflip

Quote:
Originally Posted by AMIGASYSTEM View Post
It can be good news for Atari users, for Amiga users I think it's time and resources lost, on the Vampire in so has not been produced any software, games or a modern operating system for that card, in my opinion is a small failure, sorry for my frankness, i do not want to ignite controversy.
not sure what you mean emutos dev his is own person he can code what he likes he didn't have to add vampire support. He did so kudos to him.
Old 13 June 2019, 20:56   #203
Juz400

Have been looking forward to getting my hands on something since Natami project first appeared!

Im not bothered at all that they have been working to get Atari based stuff going on it as that means more
potential customers. Surprised if they havent had a look at 68k Mac(ergh) as thats even more customers.
(Would be funny too as the Fastest 68k Mac would STILL be an Amiga and would make a great advert)

My only gripe would be software, theres alot more on the Amiga than Atari that make use of faster CPU.
I mean that after you have watched all the scene demos since 1994 and got bored of Frontier, what then?
Having the biggest red line in Sysinfo on youtube is just a waste of money. We need new software or
conversions of early PC games that ARENT yet another DOOM clone

There are a ton of people who have built the Terrible Fire CPU cards, the `market` for 68030+ software
is growing and Im sure ravenous to sink thier teeth into something new to thrash that cpu for all its worth.

Time is the real limiting factor here I guess, we all have other things that we should be doing to pay the
bills we never had 30 years ago

Any news on pre-ordering to mention? Buying FPGA`s is expensive, Im sure Gunner and co know this!
Mouser and co dont list bulk prices for FPGA but Im sure the team have discussed pricing with potential
suppliers, the price on 1000 has got to be better than single units. There is also the lead times,
10 weeks on some of them.

Still Im patient, you cant just dive into production and fire them out to us. Any balls up could cost the
team a fortune to put right and turn the whole thing very sour for all involved.

Keep at it guys, slow and steady and we will all win in the end

Standalone version for me as I already have too many computers!
Old 14 June 2019, 12:29   #204
Tigerskunk
Inviyya Dude!

Quote:
I think there's a free thought here, the fact that you don't like it shows that I said something right.
Then simply don't write "i don't want to ignite controversy" if you know in before that it will.

It comes off as either you don't know what you are writing because your english is bad or hypocritical.
Old 15 June 2019, 04:01   #205
Bruce Abbott

Quote:
It can be good news for Atari users, for Amiga users I think it's time and resources lost, on the Vampire
Not a complete loss. Running EmuTOS on the Vampire wasted about 1 minute of my life, but reminded me how badly TOS sucks. This saved me immeasurable time and money by quenching my desire to purchase an ST!
Old 15 June 2019, 10:24   #206
studio460

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juz400 View Post
Any news on pre-ordering to mention?
I assume amigaonthelake will be the US distributor since that's where I pre-ordered my Apollo A1200 case and Kipper2K keyboard, so I would expect AOTL to announce the availability of pre-orders once the dealer-arrangement is settled.
Old 15 June 2019, 10:36   #207
AMIGASYSTEM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steril707 View Post
Then simply don't write "i don't want to ignite controversy" if you know in before that it will.
I repeat it's just my thought, instead of railing and attacking all the people who criticize you should instead listen.

I waited 30 years to see a new competitive Amiga: shocked
We are in 2019 and a Computer with a technology "hardware / software" based on the 90's, in my opinion it makes no sense, better to have an Amiga Standard

Amiga was number one in the world in the late 80's early 90's and we were envied by everyone, now with these new hardware "in general, not just vampires" we just make the world smile

Quote:
It comes off as either you don't know what you are writing because your english is bad or hypocritical.
Try to write in Italian and you will see that your text will also be bad or hypocritical

Last edited by AMIGASYSTEM; 15 June 2019 at 10:45.
Old 15 June 2019, 11:54   #208
studio460

Has Gunner ever indicated that the Vampire V4 standalone will be offered as a complete system in the new Apollo A1200 molded case in black, and Kipper2K keyboards with black keycaps, or should we be pre-ordering the colored Apollo/Kipper cases and keyboards from AOTL now for our expected V4 standalones?
Old 15 June 2019, 14:52   #209
Hewitson

Quote:
Try to write in Italian and you will see that your text will also be bad or hypocritical
Old 15 June 2019, 17:22   #210
sean_sk
Gimmemore Commodore

Quote:
We are in 2019 and a Computer with a technology "hardware / software" based on the 90's, in my opinion it makes no sense
Of course it is. What else would the Vampire be based on? So is the beloved emulator that you use and cherish so much. I dont understand the point youre trying to get across.
Old 15 June 2019, 18:48   #211
AMIGASYSTEM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sean_sk View Post
Of course it is. What else would the Vampire be based on? So is the beloved emulator that you use and cherish so much. I dont understand the point youre trying to get across.
If Vampire had been more advanced as a technology I would have been the first to buy it, in 2019 you can not go online with 128 MB of RAM and a CPU 68080.
Going online today means following TV in Streaming, it means watching a Flm in Straming and working simultaneously on Office or the Web.
Well, indeed bad, the Vampire does not allow all this, WinUAE instead somehow allows me to do this, allows me to have a modern RTG system powerful and functional, allows me to start from the Workbench Firefox or Chrome and all other Windows applications with a Click with Winlauch tool from the Workbench.
Old 15 June 2019, 18:52   #212
TuKo
Apollo Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by studio460 View Post
Has Gunner ever indicated that the Vampire V4 standalone will be offered as a complete system in the new Apollo A1200 molded case in black, and Kipper2K keyboards with black keycaps, or should we be pre-ordering the colored Apollo/Kipper cases and keyboards from AOTL now for our expected V4 standalones?

We will probably only provide cards to resellers and let them create bundles for customers.
Old 15 June 2019, 19:24   #213
MartinW

This is a slightly strange view of the world! As far as I am aware, Vampire doesn't attempt to replace a Windows PC or let you launch all of your Windows tools from classic hardware. Emulation is the only thing that can ever be set up to do that really. Vampire is instead the next evolutionary step in 68000 hardware which I think it does quite admirably. Possibly the 128MB of ram is questionable on the 1200 variant but then, there isn't THAT much stuff that would really use more.

[EDIT] And actually, yes, you can go online with 128MB of ram and a 68080. I do exactly that but with the "lesser" 68060 all the time. Whenever I want to grab a file for any of my Amigas, I use my 68060 system that has 128MB of memory and a "plipbox" and at the same time I usually check up on various sites while I'm there - so of course you can go online with 128MB of RAM and a 68000 family CPU

Quote:
If Vampire had been more advanced as a technology I would have been the first to buy it, in 2019 you can not go online with 128 MB of RAM and a CPU 68080.
Going online today means following TV in Streaming, it means watching a Flm in Straming and working simultaneously on Office or the Web.
Well, indeed bad, the Vampire does not allow all this, WinUAE instead somehow allows me to do this, allows me to have a modern RTG system powerful and functional, allows me to start from the Workbench Firefox or Chrome and all other Windows applications with a Click with Winlauch tool from the Workbench.
Old 15 June 2019, 21:13   #214
Overflow

http://www.apollo-core.com/knowledge...20966&z=2_JeHP

Vampire V4 (overclocked)

Running at x16 == 113 MHz

Old 15 June 2019, 21:15   #215
Predseda
Puttymoon inhabitant

Send a message via ICQ to Predseda
Quote:
Originally Posted by Overflow View Post
http://www.apollo-core.com/knowledge...20966&z=2_JeHP

Vampire V4 (overclocked)

Running at x16 == 113 MHz
133 I think
Old 15 June 2019, 21:25   #216
Overflow

With regards to the topic of browsing and being online, and Vampire having too little resources to do some "modern" tasks.

My comparison is a weak one, but its somewhat a point;

I have a OOOLD 2009 Acer laptop that was crawling with Windows. Installed Linux, and it feels much more responsive and browsing is less annoying. I could get a new 2019 laptop for "next to nothing", with much more power, but the Linux expirience lets me do my tasks while still keeping what little sanity I have left (?).

AOS (or AROS?) is much less resourcehungry, so memory wont be THAT much of an issue compared to Windows machines. Obviously all the flash, java, scripts etc and images on sites will be an issue.
Old 15 June 2019, 22:07   #217
AMIGASYSTEM

Quote:

AOS (or AROS?) is much less resourcehungry, so memory wont be THAT much of an issue compared to Windows machines. Obviously all the flash, java, scripts etc and images on sites will be an issue.
In fact, with NetSurf I can see well the videos of Youtube, but if the videos exceed a certain length of time with 256 MB of Ram I receive little memory error. So with 128 MB you can see very little on the network, if then the videos are of a HQ resolution then even 512 MB are insufficient, with the Vampire will be even worse.

Test Video: NetSurf 3.9 Play Video Youtube in MP4 (video conversion)
Old 15 June 2019, 22:08   #218
ShK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Predseda View Post
133 I think
7,09375 x 16

Old 16 June 2019, 01:07   #219
studio460

Quote:
Originally Posted by TuKo View Post
We will probably only provide cards to resellers and let them create bundles for customers.
Thank you for your prompt reply, TuKo! I guess I'll inquire directly at AOTL (will they be your US distributor for V4 standalone?), and see which way is best to proceed. I pre-ordered a black Apollo case and keyboard for my existing A1200, but don't want to be left short if they sell out since I plan on pre-ordering a V4 standalone and definitely want to put in that sexy new black A1200 case. Thanks again!
Old 16 June 2019, 01:14   #220
studio460

Quote:
Vampire V4 (overclocked) . . .
Am I reading that correctly? Is that 196 Gflops??? That's Core i7 territory!