English Amiga Board


Go Back   English Amiga Board > Requests > Looking for a game name ?

 
 
Thread Tools
Old 30 November 2013, 16:03   #1
szeky88
 
Posts: n/a
Post PC Sci-fi game

Hello,
I look for this game for years. It´s a space located game, where you can control a few people and one robot. It´s a isometric game. It´s not turn-based game. It looks like a space station. It is like a RPG because you can eguip them with guns. First floor where you begin. You can find some guns and there is healing beds so when someone get bad injured you can drag him on the bed to get him fully healed. The lower floor is where are some aliens and missing crew which is the mission to save them. There´s fog so when someone get injured and unable to control you can´t see what´s in the room. I played only demo but it was long ago ... maybe it was year2000 and higher. I´m really sorry for my english. Thanks for the answers.
 
Old 30 November 2013, 20:27   #2
BarryB
Amigaholic

 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: UK
Posts: 3,734
Fallout, Fallout 2 or Fallout: Tactics?
Crusader: No Remorse or Crusader: No Regret?
BarryB is offline  
Old 01 December 2013, 02:50   #3
Nobby_UK
Registered User
Nobby_UK's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Liverpool
Posts: 1,968
System Shock 2 ?
Nobby_UK is offline  
Old 01 December 2013, 10:22   #4
szeky88
 
Posts: n/a
Those are very good games, but no. I don´t mention you control those characters with mouse ... but I don´t remember if you can control them all at once or just one by one. It was futuristic as I mention it was on some space station or something like that. I mention that when someone lose health he fall and can´t be controlled but he is still alive. If you don´t take him in some time to healing pods/beds he will die. That robot with the other humans, I think he only use melee attack. But that I don´t remember for sure. It was only Demo so I hope they have release it after they release demo.
 
Old 01 December 2013, 12:48   #5
lilalurl
Global Moderator
lilalurl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: France
Posts: 3,289
Send a message via ICQ to lilalurl
If it was a demo, there is some chance that the level(s) in the demo were not in the final game (or at a later stage) which might make it harder for people to find.


Some elements from your description (futuristic setting, team with a robot, circa 2000) reminds me of Project Eden (but it is not isometric):
[ Show youtube player ]



Isometric games were quite rarer in the 2000s that in the 90s. So there is also the chance that the game was made by an independent developer.

Finally, I have a question to ask about the gameplay.
You mention guns. But was the game heavy on action (like Syndicate) or more about exploring and solving puzzles/quest?
lilalurl is offline  
Old 01 December 2013, 15:22   #6
szeky88
 
Posts: n/a
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilalurl View Post
If it was a demo, there is some chance that the level(s) in the demo were not in the final game (or at a later stage) which might make it harder for people to find.


Some elements from your description (futuristic setting, team with a robot, circa 2000) reminds me of Project Eden (but it is not isometric):
[ Show youtube player ]



Isometric games were quite rarer in the 2000s that in the 90s. So there is also the chance that the game was made by an independent developer.

Finally, I have a question to ask about the gameplay.
You mention guns. But was the game heavy on action (like Syndicate) or more about exploring and solving puzzles/quest?
The game looks a little bit like that ¨crusader¨ what send BarryB. I mean, the interier of that level looks like that, little bit claustrophobic. There was nothing much do, only go down and fight those monsters. The game was little bit hard because you need full squad. If someone lose health and can´t fight for other members it can mean they can die too so you have to get them away and heal-up. The guns is a little bit tricky because I really don´t remember, but I think it was small guns, but if they were laser guns or normal pistol I can´t really say.
 
Old 01 December 2013, 16:00   #7
BarryB
Amigaholic

 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: UK
Posts: 3,734
Was it a DOS or Windows game?

Skeleton Krew springs to mind but don't think it was a PC game?
BarryB is offline  
Old 01 December 2013, 22:48   #8
szeky88
 
Posts: n/a
Quote:
Originally Posted by BarryB View Post
Was it a DOS or Windows game?

Skeleton Krew springs to mind but don't think it was a PC game?
It is a windows game for sure.
 
Old 02 December 2013, 21:37   #9
Dokugogagoji
 
Posts: n/a
Do you remember you can enhance your weapons too and that weapon efficiency depends on his characterics against the type of alien you are attacking? For example, a wrong type of weapon attack could double your enemy units. I remember a similar game with that charateristic.
 
Old 03 December 2013, 21:06   #10
szeky88
 
Posts: n/a
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dokugogagoji View Post
Do you remember you can enhance your weapons too and that weapon efficiency depends on his characterics against the type of alien you are attacking? For example, a wrong type of weapon attack could double your enemy units. I remember a similar game with that charateristic.
ooooh I don´t know, maybe in another level of campaign. You know I played only demo so there was only one type of alien. Maybe they don´t really release the game. But I can´t really remember if they don´t have a flamethrower. But you can write the name of that game you mention, maybe it is it.
 
Old 03 December 2013, 21:26   #11
Dokugogagoji
 
Posts: n/a
Quote:
Originally Posted by szeky88 View Post
ooooh I don´t know, maybe in another level of campaign. You know I played only demo so there was only one type of alien. Maybe they don´t really release the game. But I can´t really remember if they don´t have a flamethrower. But you can write the name of that game you mention, maybe it is it.
I have it in a demo cd but I can't remeber the name too. Need to search that cd. I'll take a look as soon as possible.

But, for excluding a possibility, isn't it Incubation: Battle for the Isle ( [ Show youtube player ] it is turn-based, right?
 
Old 03 December 2013, 22:15   #12
szeky88
 
Posts: n/a
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dokugogagoji View Post
I have it in a demo cd but I can't remeber the name too. Need to search that cd. I'll take a look as soon as possible.

But, for excluding a possibility, isn't it Incubation: Battle for the Isle ( [ Show youtube player ] it is turn-based, right?
I was just waiting for someone post Incubation ... that game I like when I start to play it but then I end hate it because it was hard as hell (I was very young :P ). yeah I got it on some CD in on some magazine it was sold in our coutry (Slovakia) it was czech magazine but I don´t know for sure if it was SCORE or LEVEL. EDIT: I just found a page with those magazines, if I found the game in it I will give her a name if somebody ever playid it =)
 
Old 03 December 2013, 22:44   #13
Dokugogagoji
 
Posts: n/a
Quote:
Originally Posted by szeky88 View Post
I was just waiting for someone post Incubation ... that game I like when I start to play it but then I end hate it because it was hard as hell (I was very young :P ). yeah I got it on some CD in on some magazine it was sold in our coutry (Slovakia) it was czech magazine but I don´t know for sure if it was SCORE or LEVEL. EDIT: I just found a page with those magazines, if I found the game in it I will give her a name if somebody ever playid it =)
Ok found the demo Cd.

The one I was refeering is called "Young Blood" but it is pretty old since it is targetting DirectX 5 and I don't find much info on internet so I think it is not released.

I'll upload the demo in the zone

__

Done

Last edited by Dokugogagoji; 03 December 2013 at 22:57. Reason: uploaded the demo
 
Old 03 December 2013, 23:30   #14
szeky88
 
Posts: n/a
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dokugogagoji View Post
Ok found the demo Cd.

The one I was refeering is called "Young Blood" but it is pretty old since it is targetting DirectX 5 and I don't find much info on internet so I think it is not released.

I'll upload the demo in the zone

__

Done
I´m so sorry, but that´s not the game. I found image of the game and I was thinking it is it, but no =\ in the game I searching for, there was 5 or more members. they look normaly, like a normal humans. with no super armor or guick moving. I think I will never find that game, because in those years they make so many games and so many wasn´t even released =\
 
Old 06 December 2013, 19:49   #15
_ThEcRoW
Amiga NetRunner
_ThEcRoW's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Spain
Age: 42
Posts: 936
Could be laser squad?. And you mentioning a space station, space hulk comes to mind too.
_ThEcRoW is offline  
Old 07 December 2013, 10:36   #16
szeky88
 
Posts: n/a
Quote:
Originally Posted by _ThEcRoW View Post
Could be laser squad?. And you mentioning a space station, space hulk comes to mind too.
I´m sorry but no, they´re not the games. But I just remember that I don´t mention I was unable to rotate the camera in the game, and when I see these games I think it´s 80% non-turnable game. But maybe it was same gameplay like Jagged Alliance. They attack when they see someone or it´s turnable. But that I´m not sure. I appreciate your posts and trying, but in the games you send there´s no option to heal a member during a mission how I mention. It was a futuristic game, because those beds/pods heal a member in a short time. Pls, try post everything you think is matching to my descriptions
 
Old 16 December 2013, 16:01   #17
Wannabe
 
Posts: n/a
Enemy Infestation?
 
Old 30 December 2013, 04:25   #18
Muzkat
Into the Wonderful
Muzkat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2001
Location: Earthrealm
Age: 40
Posts: 1,361
Incubation: Time is Running Out?

Abomination: The Nemesis Project?
Muzkat is offline  
 


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Sci-fi KONEY Games images which need to be WHDified 1 26 December 2012 03:45
Sci-Fi Sensation CD MethodGit request.Other 2 03 October 2010 19:40
SCI Resource Viewer - anyone here have this tool? laffer Retrogaming General Discussion 4 09 February 2009 03:35
[Found: Pandora] Space station/sci-fi game dogofwar Looking for a game name ? 12 11 February 2008 16:07
M - unreleased sci-fi rpg eurogibbon project.aGTW 4 06 June 2006 23:28

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT +2. The time now is 23:41.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
Page generated in 0.09756 seconds with 13 queries