English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > abime.net - Hosted Projects > project.ClassicWB

Old 13 February 2007, 14:44   #1
k2uphill

Key mapping Problems

hello Bloodwych ,
im just updated my Classic WB full to the new version v20F, i have come across a Problem that i am having with the keyboard mapping the following key are not available to me in the shell out or text editors , The keys are W,A,S,D & any characters keys link to the "shift" key.

my Workbench Disk used for install Classic WB Full: Worbench3.0 & kickrom 39.106 (race'n'chase)

screen shot locale Prefs:
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Locale.gif
Views:	446
Size:	16.3 KB
ID:	13174   Click image for larger version

Name:	Devs.gif
Views:	453
Size:	15.1 KB
ID:	13175  

Old 13 February 2007, 14:45   #2
musashi5150
move.w #$4489,$dff07e

That sounds more like a WinUAE joystick mapping issue to me... but I might well be wrong
Old 13 February 2007, 14:59   #3
k2uphill

nope still not working i tuned the Joystick option to none in WinUAE. i'm still getting no luck with the keys in Classic WB Full , i also tryed my amigaSYS setup the key in this box setup work ok . There some Clash going on in somewhere i just cant pin this one down. :-(

Old 13 February 2007, 15:08   #4
musashi5150
move.w #$4489,$dff07e

I'm still going to standby its a controller mapping of somekind (either WinUAE or on your PC). As WSAD is a pretty normal control layout and it's too much of a coincidence to be those keys by chance.

Maybe someone else can help here...?
Old 13 February 2007, 15:52   #5
Paul
RIP Friends

@k2uphill it says on the wip post on www.winuae.net

Quote:

WinUAE 1.4.0 WIP #1 (28.01.2007)

[snip]

Bugs fixed:

- It was not possible to disable keyboard layout C after enabling it.
Maybe this is the problem ???
Old 13 February 2007, 15:54   #6
k2uphill

i dont know ? every thing works ok with my AmigaSYS box setup so i know the keyboard working in shell.

i deleted my Emulation Folder on my PC and started from Fresh.
copied WinUAE 1.3.4 and my kickroms to the rom folder & extracted Classic Worbench to WinUAE folder and started a new install of Classic Workbench.

WinUAE Port 1 (mouse) Port 2 (none)

load the defualt config set my Kickrom 39.106O installed Classic Workbench with my own Workbench v3.0 , booting ok, now in a locale Pref setting Country to GB and languages to english. Plus tested Country (United Kingdom).

nope i'm still getting some strange key layout prb.

hmm i dont know i checked my local Prefs settings they are ok
WinUAE Port look Ok too hmm i dont know what going on

Last edited by k2uphill; 19 March 2007 at 13:15.

Old 13 February 2007, 16:00   #7
k2uphill

Sorry Paul This keyboard layout C was not actived im choice i tested with the port 2 layout to none then whent on to test with cursor key and numpad layout

Old 13 February 2007, 16:04   #8
Bloodwych

Works fine my end using the supplied config file (no keys mapped by default), but that's with WinUAE 1.2. All characters are fine and the input/locale settings are set to British/UK as default so no need to change.

Really have no idea - certainly not a Workbench issue or anything to do with keymaps, prefs or settings from within the ClassicWB or it wouldn't be working my end.
Old 13 February 2007, 16:21   #9
k2uphill

i dont know i allways get an issue with the keyborad Layout with ClassicWB_Full for some reason unkown. May be there confilct WInuae 1.3.4 i dont know, like i said i have a Alternative Box Setup they work fine, may there a confilct with the edtions of WinUAE i'm using , i doe some Probing tonight and test with and older version of WinUAE and the beta version too.

Old 15 February 2007, 05:26   #10
highvista

This may be totally unrelated, but I've been trying to change my keymapping to use a US-layout rather than the GB one. If I move the GB mapping to Storage, I can then select the American/US keymap, but I get an error on booting that complains about not finding the GB mapping. FWIW...
Old 18 February 2007, 11:41   #11
Bloodwych

highvista - you just need to save the new options (American) in input and locale before moving items out of devs to storage. Just tried it; works fine and changes my Keyboard to the US mapping.
Old 21 February 2007, 04:59   #12
highvista

Thanks much for trying that out. I have tried to use the "Input" pref tool to change the mapping. When I select "American" and click either "Use" or "Save", I get a Preferences error message box that says "ERROR: can't load keymap KEYMAPS:". When I go back into the "Input" pref tool, none of the keyboard types are highlighted. If I select "British" again, it will be accepted and "British" will be highlighted. Strange.

I was able to use the "SetKeyboard usa" command in a shell to change the keyboard type for the shell, though.
Old 21 February 2007, 12:17   #13
Bloodwych

Very strange and I admit I can't solve it because it works fine at my end.

I did a fresh install of ClassicWB P96 -> went to the input and locale prefs -> changed to American and United States -> saved -> reset -> shell and programs all US layout ("shift + 2" give the "@" sign).

The American keymap is the default for the Amiga anyway - ie it's built into the machine, which is why the "gb" keymap is required in the devs directory in order to override the American one.

If you simply delete the "locale.prefs" and "input.prefs" files from the "prefs/envarc/sys" directory you will get the American layout by default, so try that.
Old 28 February 2007, 03:44   #14
highvista

Thanks for the suggestion. Deleting those .prefs files does give me the American keyboard. And I learned something new.