English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Main > Amiga scene

Old 28 June 2020, 17:28   #1
Gringo
Old Amiga 4000 User

Multi Zorro II / III Card ZZ9000 on an A4000/040 can be usefull ?

I have found this strange Zorro Card, i have never hear about it, but look usefull it have A Video Card, An USB, and a LAN and.... 2 Coprocessor ARM !??
My OLD A4000 need of ALL, is a basic A4000/040 no expansion, the 2 Arm inside the card look a Good Extras, and i do not know, but is possible to make an PPC Emulator Inside ?

https://mntre.com/media/ZZ9000_info_...resources.html

Price is HIGH...but for Amiga ad HALF price you have only a LAN card....
Someone Know about this card ? is good or is to new ?
Old 28 June 2020, 17:38   #2
LucasBox

This is a rtg graphicscard with some addons like Ethernet and USB. Here is another thread:

http://eab.abime.net/showthread.php?...ghlight=Zz9000

I bought one, it is a great card. There are a lot of videos on YouTube about the zz9000.
Old 28 June 2020, 17:44   #3
Gringo
Old Amiga 4000 User

Thumbs up

Tanks !

I have lost these old post !
Old 01 July 2020, 14:05   #4
stevelord

I have one in my A4000. The positives are that networking is rock solid, the graphics card element is very good but I have minor issues here and there.

The USB isn't really usable for me, I get dos errors all the time. The 128mb of RAM causes instability issues for me. Both of these features are fairly experimental and the author is working on an open source laptop right now so I wouldn't expect huge amounts of progress on them soon.

However... V2 of the ARM core firmware includes Linux and bidirectional comms, so you can run things like a browser on the ARM core and it'll be visible on the Amiga. That's a while off coming out, but should be fun when it does.

If you don't have any expansions, I'd say it's a good way to get a very good graphics card and good network card relatively inexpensively. If someone has those already and are happy with what they have I'm less sure the value is quite there yet. But it will be in time!
Old 02 July 2020, 12:49   #5
Liqourice

What are the minor issues with the graphics?

I'm asking since I've been looking at this. If my CV64/3D have died I need a replacement and this is about the only thing avaliable right now.
Old 02 July 2020, 13:27   #6
mr.spiv

I got one from the latest batch on my desk waiting to be installed into my a3000 ;-) I am somewhat thrilled to replace 3 existing cards with this single one. So some feedback possibly next week..
Old 05 July 2020, 13:32   #7
Jope
-

Development and bug fixing is going on constantly, mntmn is not the only person working on the soft/firmware. Releases are a bit seldom, but if you join the #mnt-amiga irc channel on freenode, interim bugfixes are available there. It is also a good place to report those bugs you notice.

There was a problem with network transmits recently, this is solved with an interim updated boot.bin.

http://www.apehead.se/snakes9000/BOOT.bin is always the latest interim version.

Last edited by Jope; 05 July 2020 at 13:42.
Old 06 July 2020, 13:11   #8
mr.spiv

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr.spiv View Post
I got one from the latest batch on my desk waiting to be installed into my a3000 ;-) I am somewhat thrilled to replace 3 existing cards with this single one. So some feedback possibly next week..
Ok.. Up and running. Replaced my trustworthy CV64 with zz9000 and intend to replace X-Surf & Subway combination later on with zz9000 provided USB & Nic. The plan is to move Subway into my A600

I had some weird stuff with gfx errors & screen not waking up on cold boot (power on) but this could just be my monitor (using HDMI to DVI-D adapter) or will sort out when new fw updates pop up - now on 1.6.2. Love the crispiness of native modes as well, which look far better than what I had earlier.

USB is what it is but worked! This also is a matter of time but for the time being I stick with Subway.I accepted the "development cycle" for USB & Nic when I purchased the card so zero complaints on that department. UPDATE: Nic worked just fine with Miami.. It somewhat helps to connect the cable also to the router

I haven't got my hands on the SDK yet but I'm somewhat itching to hack something. The second free core was one motivator for the purchase anyway.

Boot up times increased noticeably and I assume these are due to loading the zz9000 fw out of the SD (on every boot?).

Anyway, looks very positive & promising.

Last edited by mr.spiv; 06 July 2020 at 18:55. Reason: Update
Old 06 July 2020, 13:44   #9
trixster
Guru Meditating

SD loading of the fw takes less time than it takes for the Amiga to reach the kickstart screen or start accessing a harddrive, so I doubt it’s that
Old 06 July 2020, 17:20   #10
mr.spiv

Quote:
Originally Posted by trixster View Post
SD loading of the fw takes less time than it takes for the Amiga to reach the kickstart screen or start accessing a harddrive, so I doubt it’s that
Yeah, I've been put in line on this one already Investigations continue where the lag originates..
Old 02 August 2020, 12:08   #11
mr.spiv

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr.spiv View Post
Yeah, I've been put in line on this one already Investigations continue where the lag originates..
SetPatch that is..