Go Back   English Amiga Board > Requests > request.Other

Old 16 July 2016, 00:51   #1
arti040
Piotr

Quake by Clickboom - serial number needed

Anyone? ;-)
Old 16 July 2016, 02:03   #2
emufan

here is a quake serial posted. not sure if this works.
Old 16 July 2016, 11:09   #3
arti040
Piotr

Nope
Old 16 July 2016, 11:22   #4
DrBong
HOL / AMR Team Member

Try this serial.....113936. Good luck!
Old 16 July 2016, 11:39   #5
arti040
Piotr

Neither this.
Old 16 July 2016, 12:04   #6
DrBong
HOL / AMR Team Member

Sorry to hear that arti. That serial was from my original copy of Quake. If it didn't work, then I'd say that each serial provided by clickBOOM was unique to the Quake game CD they accompanied.

In other words, unless you can find the registration card specific to your game CD.....you might be out of luck unless you can get hold of a cracked version. It might explain why there are virtually no serials available on the net for Amiga Quake.

Anyway, supposedly the Caviar Vol. 7 CD contains the full release of Quake 68K/PPC by clickBOOM (and the 060 patch too IIRC). Give it a try if you like and let us know if it works.....

http://grandis.nu:81/eabsearch/searc...ude=&limit=999

Last edited by DrBong; 16 July 2016 at 12:15.
Old 16 July 2016, 12:13   #7
arti040
Piotr

Thanks! I'm downloading it now.
Old 16 July 2016, 12:16   #8
DrBong
HOL / AMR Team Member

No worries, good luck!
Old 16 July 2016, 12:41   #9
jPV

Hellfire's crack is around at least... but can you still buy Quake somewhere?
It was released as 39 archives, and nfo credits a cracker too, so just spreading the serial wasn't probably enough and it had to be cracked.
Code:
 _____ ____ ___ ____ _____ _  ___ ____
 \   /__ __)  /_   /_   __)_)_\_ \  __)
 / __  / _)_ /  \ /  \ __/   / / /_ _)_ -j!
/__/  /____/____/____/__\ __/__\   \__/
.-/___\-proudly-presents-------/_sOs\-- ->
`------------------------------------------.
            Quake [00/38]
      (c) ID Software/Clickboom
Old 16 July 2016, 13:03   #10
DrBong
HOL / AMR Team Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jPV View Post
Hellfire's crack is around at least... but can you still buy Quake somewhere?
It was released as 39 archives, and nfo credits a cracker too, so just spreading the serial wasn't probably enough and it had to be cracked.
Yes, the HF version of Quake is on the Caviar Vol. 15 CD......but it is incomplete. There should be another scene/BBS CD that contains it, but which one?

I doubt many leechers would've bothered d/l 39 archives on dial-up back in '98 that had to be joined together and then HD installed (same deal with the Napalm crack too IIRC)! I sure couldn't be bothered and I'm sure it helped sales more than a little in the small Amiga market back then.

Anyway, I couldn't find any Amiga dealers still selling Quake in a quick search......just Quake 2 by Hyperion.

Last edited by DrBong; 16 July 2016 at 13:20.
Old 16 July 2016, 14:59   #11
thomas

Quote:
Originally Posted by arti040 View Post
Nope
You need the serial number and the customer's name. You cannot enter just any name with any serial number, you have to enter the name to which the serial number belongs.
Old 16 July 2016, 15:32   #12
DrBong
HOL / AMR Team Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by thomas View Post
You need the serial number and the customer's name. You cannot enter just any name with any serial number, you have to enter the name to which the serial number belongs.
That rings a bell! I think back in the day you either had to post clickBOOM your registration card or register online via their website portal also. If you didn't register, then you weren't able to d/l any updates/bugfix patches for any of their games as they expressly prohibited any distribution of these files.
Old 16 July 2016, 15:46   #13
jPV

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrBong View Post
Yes, the HF version of Quake is on the Caviar Vol. 15 CD......but it is incomplete. There should be another scene/BBS CD that contains it, but which one?
I don't know that, but I have it in my private collection if someone wants those separate archives. Just tried and unpack+join+test did work fine.

Quote:
I doubt many leechers would've bothered d/l 39 archives on dial-up back in '98 that had to be joined together and then HD installed (same deal with the Napalm crack too IIRC)! I sure couldn't be bothered and I'm sure it helped sales more than a little in the small Amiga market back then.
Luckily I got 10/10Mbps Internet connection for my Amiga around 1998 Hydra's AmigaNET card and not-yet-bloated web/net on those days was great, never had that kind of experience since then
Old 16 July 2016, 16:36   #14
DrBong
HOL / AMR Team Member

Quote:
Quote:
I don't know that, but I have it in my private collection if someone wants those separate archives. Just tried and unpack+join+test did work fine.
Oooh! Any chance you can rar or 7-zip all 39 lha files of the HF crack and up them to the EAB ftp server (pretty please)?!

Quote:
Luckily I got 10/10Mbps Internet connection for my Amiga around 1998 Hydra's AmigaNET card and not-yet-bloated web/net on those days was great, never had that kind of experience since then
<cue Prince George from Blackadder> You lucky lucky b@s^$%# !!!

I vividly remember chatting to Lizard from DC on #amiga_warez back in '98 and he had just got ADSL (or was it cable modem?!) in the Netherlands on his A4000. He was sucking down releases on Galaxynet at about 1MB/s from the file bots and feeling pretty bloody good about it! I swear, if he wasn't such a good cracker and a great bloke to boot, the whole chat room on dial-up would've lynched him!!!
Old 16 July 2016, 17:36   #15
jPV

Quote:
Oooh! Any chance you can rar or 7-zip all 39 lha files of the HF crack and up them to the EAB ftp server (pretty please)?!
There it is.... I also seem to have another similar set of archives from other sources, but I guess that first set will be fine too. A bit different dates and ads only

Quote:
I vividly remember chatting to Lizard from DC on #amiga_warez back in '98 and he had just got ADSL (or was it cable modem?!) in the Netherlands on his A4000. He was sucking down releases on Galaxynet at about 1MB/s from the file bots and feeling pretty bloody good about it! I swear, if he wasn't such a good cracker and a great bloke to boot, the whole chat room on dial-up would've lynched him!!!
Yeah, #amiga_warez, #amiga_overmind and what else there were... with XDCC bots/users, ftp sites, etc... they were quite nice to avoid ratios on real BBSes, but for 0 day and non-broken stuff telnet BBSes were the real way to go It was fun till 2007 or so... it was around that time when the last remaining groups stopped the traditional activity. After that it's been purely legal demoscene stuff only on the old boards :P
Old 17 July 2016, 12:54   #16
arti040
Piotr

I've found another way to install it. It turned out, quake.lha archive, which contains all needed data isn't encrypted by this password! It's just a regular archive, so all you need to do is to:
1. unpack it to some Quake directory on your hard drive;
2. copy ID1 directory from CD:Quake to that dir;
3. copy from CD:Quake/Libs two libraries to your LIBS: - lowlevel.library and amipx1.library (for network game)

That's all! Voila! I hope it will help others. Thanks for help anyway!

Last edited by arti040; 17 July 2016 at 12:59.
Old 17 July 2016, 13:41   #17
Thalion
Amiga Collector

@jPV

Any chance you've got some more scene stuff lying around? Would be nice to have those in the collection.
Old 18 July 2016, 17:08   #18
jPV

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thalion View Post
@jPV

Any chance you've got some more scene stuff lying around? Would be nice to have those in the collection.
Well.. I have pretty much all scene/BBS releases as long as it lasted. Those commonly available BBS collections have only the older stuff, but I have stored stuff from the later years too. Anything particular in mind?
Old 26 July 2016, 22:37   #19
DrBong
HOL / AMR Team Member

Quote:
There it is.... I also seem to have another similar set of archives from other sources, but I guess that first set will be fine too. A bit different dates and ads only
Sorry for the late reply......but thanks very much!

Quote:
Yeah, #amiga_warez, #amiga_overmind and what else there were... with XDCC bots/users, ftp sites, etc... they were quite nice to avoid ratios on real BBSes, but for 0 day and non-broken stuff telnet BBSes were the real way to go It was fun till 2007 or so... it was around that time when the last remaining groups stopped the traditional activity. After that it's been purely legal demoscene stuff only on the old boards :P
Yeh, I had a leech account on a local BBS called Terra Firma here in Oz up until 1997/98. Didn't have to worry about ratios as the sysop was a good bloke, so it wasn't a factor. Anyway, the Terra Firma sysop (psyche) called it quits with the Amiga, so that's when I started getting just about all my Ami stuff from Galaxynet and FTP sites like plukwa.

#amiga_warez was great as quite a lot crackers from DC, HF, FTH, MSR etc. hung out there, so plenty of 0 day stuff was available. Things steadily ticked along until about 2002, at which point the backside really seemed to fall out of the Ami warez scene. Lotsa FTP sites seemed to disappear and legal demoscene stuff was propping up what was left. I kinda lost track of things for a few years after that coz of real life etc., so I'm kinda surprised to hear that there was activity until 2007. So who was left at that point? There weren't too many decent crackers left in 2002 if memory serves. There was Ramonster at DC, Iggy & co. at HF and a few other crackers still reasonably active, but not too much else.
Old 28 July 2016, 15:14   #20
jPV

Quote:
I kinda lost track of things for a few years after that coz of real life etc., so I'm kinda surprised to hear that there was activity until 2007. So who was left at that point? There weren't too many decent crackers left in 2002 if memory serves.
Of course it got pretty quiet around those times and not many releases per year in the last years, but there still were many BBSes up and some nice releases time to time. There were some big major releases (mostly games) from JWS, RSE, and TRSI between 2002-2007, with some support also from CCH and HTS.

2002-2003 were still quite active with utils crackers and there were many releases from RSE, fIRE, and DRG... and some occasional releases from others like BK, DRR, CRD, etc. But then it pretty much dried up since 2004, with only few exceptions, and I think the last major app release was FX-Paint 2.0 from RBN in 2006.